I Lost My Mom .. And The Human Spirit

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 IwillchooseFreeWill

IwillchooseFreeWill

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 803 posts
  • Interests:Music, movies, traveling, textile arts, science fiction, TV, AFL, Burmese cats, nature and the outdoors, friends

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:04 PM

I'm sorry I'm so late in reading your very touching post and I have nothing but sympathy and warm thoughts for you, Lucas. Losing a parent is a terrible wrench to all that we hold as normal life. My mom died in 1981 at 74 of breast cancer. I still miss her every day and think about how she loved me. She will always be with you even if you can't hold her hand. We never Lo,se those we love

Sponsored Post

#62 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 12326 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostBoots, on 18 September 2017 - 08:48 PM, said:

Don't make any rash decisions when you're at a vulnerable time in your life.  I'm speaking from experience.  This is why I made that post about cults the other day.   Sorry for your loss.

Thank you Boots

My Mom was the strongest person I have ever met, and the most independent -- both she and my Dad ( who I lost in 2002 ) will always be the ones I look to for comfort and inspiration ...

And as always, they will remind me that everything I will ever need is right here ( tapping the chest )

Thank you again

#63 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 12326 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

View PostIwillchooseFreeWill, on 18 September 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

I'm sorry I'm so late in reading your very touching post and I have nothing but sympathy and warm thoughts for you, Lucas. Losing a parent is a terrible wrench to all that we hold as normal life. My mom died in 1981 at 74 of breast cancer. I still miss her every day and think about how she loved me. She will always be with you even if you can't hold her hand. We never Lo,se those we love

IWCFW, thank you so very much

You post is beautiful, and inspiring .. I'm sure your Mom not only still loves you, but is extremely proud

Parents are the best

Edited by Lucas, 18 September 2017 - 09:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users