Jump to content


Stereo Headphones


  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:17 PM

Any suggestions for good, moderately priced, stereo headphones that I can listen to music on the computer with?

The headphones I presently use have sound only on one side due to a bad wire in the other side.

Sponsored Post

#2 edhunter

edhunter

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3239 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:24 PM

I've got a set of Klipsch headphones, which I love. Cost about $50.

#3 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6083 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:28 PM

What's your version of "moderately priced"?

#4 The Cat 3

The Cat 3

    Modern Day Alice Cooper

  • Members *
  • 17364 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Out in the alley

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:29 PM

Uneven been a big fan of head phones.

That being said, I use Sony when I'm on the spin bike.

#5 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:35 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 02 September 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

What's your version of "moderately priced"?
$50

I'm not looking for anything spectacular, but I don't want some tinny junk either.

#6 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:36 PM

View Postedhunter, on 02 September 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

I've got a set of Klipsch headphones, which I love. Cost about $50.
Where did you get them?

#7 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 22463 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Bradford PA)

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:07 PM

My HD 668B is pretty solid for $40

#8 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:09 PM

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 02 September 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

My HD 668B is pretty solid for $40

Is this it?  https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B003JOETX8

#9 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 22463 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Bradford PA)

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:10 PM

View PostLorraine, on 02 September 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 02 September 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

My HD 668B is pretty solid for $40

Is this it?  https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B003JOETX8
It is. That's where I bought it

#10 edhunter

edhunter

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3239 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

View PostLorraine, on 02 September 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 02 September 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

I've got a set of Klipsch headphones, which I love. Cost about $50.
Where did you get them?

Brookstone. Are they even still around?

#11 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 02 September 2017 - 06:51 PM

View Postedhunter, on 02 September 2017 - 06:47 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 02 September 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

View Postedhunter, on 02 September 2017 - 05:24 PM, said:

I've got a set of Klipsch headphones, which I love. Cost about $50.
Where did you get them?

Brookstone. Are they even still around?
I don't know.   I never heard of them.

I looked up Klipsch headphones and they are quite spendy.  I don't think they have the $50 ones anymore.

#12 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

    Vapor Trail

  • Members
  • 18558 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Hospital Productions - Kayin State
  • Interests:Leaving Your Body Map

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:16 PM

I just have a pair of

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 02 September 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 02 September 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 02 September 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

My HD 668B is pretty solid for $40

Is this it?  https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B003JOETX8
It is. That's where I bought it
I've been looking at headphones that have detachable 3.5mm cable jacks. I'm gonna have a look at getting a pair of those HD 668Bs when (hopefully not soon) my current headphones fail me. I currently use the Sony MDR-ZX110 headphones.

#13 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 22463 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Bradford PA)

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 02 September 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

I just have a pair of

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 02 September 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 02 September 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

View PostUnion 5-3992, on 02 September 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

My HD 668B is pretty solid for $40

Is this it?  https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B003JOETX8
It is. That's where I bought it
I've been looking at headphones that have detachable 3.5mm cable jacks. I'm gonna have a look at getting a pair of those HD 668Bs when (hopefully not soon) my current headphones fail me. I currently use the Sony MDR-ZX110 headphones.
I'm far from an audiophile but I've really enjoyed these. They're definitely really good for the price. I've seen plenty of more expensive headphones with much more dire ratings

#14 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 88252 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:02 PM

View PostLorraine, on 02 September 2017 - 05:17 PM, said:

Any suggestions for good, moderately priced, stereo headphones that I can listen to music on the computer with?

The headphones I presently use have sound only on one side due to a bad wire in the other side.
Try these songs in your headphones!





#15 custom55

custom55

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 7227 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Nutley, NJ
  • Interests:Snowboarding & Retirement.

    On deck shows:


    Phish - Dec 28
    The Musical Box - Mar 8
    Joe Russo's Almost Dead - Mar 15
    The Stones - 6/8,6/14,6/17
    Dead & Co - 6/23

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

I listen to a lot of music from my MAC with headphones.

I bought the AudioQuest DragonFly USB DAC/Headphone amplifier + Grado headphones ( total $200 ).  Love them !

#16 djflex

djflex

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3861 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In the ring
  • Interests:Doing the tasks the voices in my head tell me to do

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:25 PM

For under 50 , sony or perhaps phillips would be a good bet

Another place to try is monoprice, ive had good and bad luck with them. But man some of their stuff is amazing for the price.



#17 djflex

djflex

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 3861 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In the ring
  • Interests:Doing the tasks the voices in my head tell me to do

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:21 PM

https://www.monopric...word=Headphones

#18 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

    Beauty and the Bass

  • Members
  • 21917 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix, Arizona
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:35 PM

I used to have a set of these and they were really nice and light.  Good sound quality too. In this price range I think they are one of the very best.

https://www.amazon.c...OAvL&ref=plSrch

#19 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 6083 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:40 PM

View PostEagleMoon, on 02 September 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

I used to have a set of these and they were really nice and light.  Good sound quality too. In this price range I think they are one of the very best.

https://www.amazon.c...OAvL&ref=plSrch

If you can get those for that price, JUMP ON IT!

#20 Na na na

Na na na

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 2098 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bergen, Norway
  • Interests:Music, cooking, wine, fine clothing, wet shaving, traveling & football (soccer)

Posted 03 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

Not moderately priced...but I bought Sennheiser Momentum 2 Wireless AE a couple of day's ago




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users