FREEWILL: Your life is at stake - Which movie bad guys would you face to save it??

treeduck

Which movie monsters and bad guys will you face to save your life?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Round 1: Human Maniacs

• Hannibal Lector - Armed with a bread knife but having both index fingers chopped off before you start
    • Michael Myers - Armed with a 38 with six bullets only
    • Freddy Krueger - Unarmed, blindfolded with your hands handcuffed and tied behind your back
    • Annie Wilkes from Misery - Unarmed, naked and tied to a bed with your feet hanging over the edge
    • Max Cady (who thinks you're his lawyer Sam Bowden) - Armed with a knuckleduster but you'll have a fresh bullet wound in your left foot
  2. 2. Round 2: Horror Monsters

• American Werewolf In London - Armed with a baseball bat but your right hand will be broken beforehand with a mallet
    • Kurt Barlow (Vampire Master from Salem's Lot) - Unarmed with a very bloody bullet wound in the thigh
    • Pennywise the Clown - Unarmed tied to a chair with your eyes taped open
    • Jump in the town swimming pool with Jaws armed with a claw hammer
    • Pinhead from Hellraiser - Unarmed with your hands nailed to the floorboards of a house
  3. 3. Round 3: Sci-Fi Monsters

• A team of three Predators - Armed with a samurai sword and there's no mud in town to cover yourself
    • A single Alien Xenomorph - Armed with an ice pick wearing only your underwear like Ripley
    • John Carpenter's The Thing - Armed with a shotgun
    • Brundlefly from Cronenberg's The Fly - For this you don't have the whole town just one house and you're unarmed, naked and covered in honey
    • Godzilla - Armed with a 44 magnum

You're all alone in an abandoned town, you're about to be executed by mysterious kidnappers, they have a knife at your throat, but just at the last moment they stop and offer you a way to earn back your life and freedom.

You have to survive some of your worst movie nightmares in order to prevail. One by one, you'll take them on and with different weapons or no weapons. And also you have a choice who you face. Who you choose will determine which weapon you can use.

Who will you face? And who will you avoid? Who is the easiest to defeat? This is your choice.

You have a whole town to hide in and prepare your strategy. At the beginning of each round, once you've made your choice, you have 1 hour to set yourself up and make your stand before your enemy is released into the town.

One stipulation, you must kill each movie bad guy you face no exceptions, or you get killed instead.

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 2

Here's the thing...

...nobody f@#*$ with Annie Wilkes.

You've got 4 other choices left in that round, which will be yours??

I'd face all them together with a rock and a sling before I'd face Annie Wilkes.

Don't forget to vote!

• Like 1

My choices are Michael Myers, I can take that dude, I have the secret formula for ending him permanently! Pennywise is next he's just a lot of smoke and mirrors, if you don't believe in his bullshit then nothing happens to you. So I'd have plenty of time to get untied while he's trying to f**k with me, once I'm loose I take the clown down! And after that I'm up against Zilla. I can take him too, he's just an overstuffed soft toy lizard, he can be destroyed at will! :smoke:
  • Like 3

Ok, so... I realised I was pretty screwed whichever I picked, but I decided that my best chances involved me not being injured or tied up.

So for the first two rounds I went for:

Mike Myers

Jaws

The third round was trickier but I went with the Predators as I have a liking for Samurai swords.

• Like 2

I suppose since I don't watch horror/gore movies, these characters don't exist in my world. so, they would all just ricochet off of me OR it's been nice knowing y'all! :ph34r:
  • Like 3

I suppose since I don't watch horror/gore movies, these characters don't exist in my world. so, they would all just ricochet off of me OR it's been nice knowing y'all! :ph34r:

OR, they could pass right through you!!

• Like 1

Ok, so... I realised I was pretty screwed whichever I picked, but I decided that my best chances involved me not being injured or tied up.

So for the first two rounds I went for:

Mike Myers

Jaws

The third round was trickier but I went with the Predators as I have a liking for Samurai swords.

You're mad! Mad as a hatter!

• Like 2

You're a librarian! You read about monsters all day long don't you?? Day after day after day? Week after week after week? Month after month after month? Year after year after year? Decade after decade after decade? Century after century after century? Millennium after millennium after millennium?

• Like 1

"Unarmed, naked and tied to a bed with your feet hanging over the edge"

On some nights, I might enjoy that. Probably not with Kathleen Bates around though.

Lol. I am not extremely tall but sometimes my feet hang off the end of the bed and I can't think of anything else when it happens as I hurry to reel them back in...
  • Like 1

"Unarmed, naked and tied to a bed with your feet hanging over the edge"

On some nights, I might enjoy that. Probably not with Kathleen Bates around though.

Lol. I am not extremely tall but sometimes my feet hang off the end of the bed and I can't think of anything else when it happens as I hurry to reel them back in...

me too i'm 6'4"...they hang every night....but the naked tied up part only happens on special occasions.
  • Like 1

Such thorough questions deserve in-depth analysis. Anything less would be disrespectful.

Round 1...

For those that chose Max Cady, you didn't think about it deeply enough. He "can outfight you, outsmart you, and out philosophize you."

With Myers & Krueger there's always some bs loophole that keeps them alive. You may be able to beat them momentarily but you can never destroy them. I can understand choosing either one but Hollywood keeps them immortal. And that works against you.

The only way I'd face Lector is if he's chained up, sedated, and I have a bazooka shoved in his face ready to fire.

So, it's an easy choice for me vs Annie. Sledgehammer, schmedgehammer! If a busted up James Caan could handle her, then I really like my chances whether I'm tied up and naked or not. After getting out of those ropes, I'm going to use them to strangle her with. She has no chance.

• Like 2

Round 2...

I can't swim so Jaws is automatically out.

I'm also not going up against a werewolf, a vampire master, or some S&M freak. I'd have to jump through too many hoops to kill off any of them.

Pennywise sucks. So do the band. He's dead. After I finish him off, I'm going after the band just for fun.

• Like 2

Round 3...

This is the toughest round.

Brundlefly is just too nasty. He'd be licking on my poured on honey while we're fighting and that'd just throw me off. I'd lose.

The Predators and Xenomorph would be too tough to knock off given all of those conditions. No chance there.

Carpenter's Thing would trick me by impersonating someone I know then take me out sneakily.

So, it's me vs the big G. Since Godzilla is often depicted as the lesser of two evils, I'm counting on one of two possible scenarios...

1) Some other giant mutant monster menace swoops in to wipe out Tokyo and Godzilla. This would put me in the clear.

2) In a plot twist, I actually AM the other monster Godzilla faces. But I'm smarter than Mothra and those other monsters G faced in the past so I'd take the big G down through my combination of monster brawn and human brains.

:blaze:

• Like 2

Round 3...

Brundlefly is just too nasty. He'd be licking on my poured on honey while we're fighting and that'd just throw me off. I'd lose.

The Predators and Xenomorph would be too tough to knock off given all of those conditions. No chance there.

Carpenter's Thing would trick me by impersonating someone I know then take me out sneakily.

So, it's me vs the big G. Since Godzilla is often depicted as the lesser of two evils, I'm counting on one of two possible scenarios...

1) Some other giant mutant monster menace swoops in to wipe out Tokyo and Godzilla. This would put me in the clear.

2) In a plot twist, I actually AM the other monster Godzilla faces. But I'm smarter than Mothra and those other monsters G faced in the past so I'd take the big G down through my combination of monster brawn and human brains.

Godzilla could destroy the whole town as well and kill the kidnappers for me. And those that remain alive I take out with the 44 magnum!

• Like 2

Round 3...

Godzilla could destroy the whole town as well and kill the kidnappers for me. And those that remain alive I take out with the 44 magnum!

In all the mayhem I forgot all about the kidnappers.

When I've gone through all 3 rounds, I'm going to tie them all up a la Misery, dress up as Kurt Barlow, and roar like the Big G right before their torture session begins. Probably start off by forcing them to watch the Transformers film series.

• Like 1