Amazing! 2nd and 26...TOUCHDOWN!

Unfortunately, yes.

Sponsored Post

#562 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 26016 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:15 AM

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 09 January 2018 - 12:14 AM, said:

Darth Saban wins his 5th National Championship in the past 9 years.

Ug.
He’s the Bill Belichick of football...

#563 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 57612 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:16 AM

View PostTransverse Leaf Spring, on 09 January 2018 - 12:15 AM, said:

Darth Saban wins his 5th National Championship in the past 9 years.

Ug.
He’s the Bill Belichick of football...
:lol:

#564 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 57612 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:17 AM

Pretty good game, in the end.

#565 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

Avast and belay, ye scurvy dogs!

• Members *
  • 21255 posts
  • Location:Sailing on the High Seas or drinking in a tavern in Port Royale
  • Interests:Plundering, Drinking, Wenching

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:24 AM

View Postgoose, on 08 January 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 08 January 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

OMG.   Saban yanks Hurts at halftime, puts in a true freshman quarterback, and suddenly it's a one score game.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Evil genius.  Bama smells blood now...

Yeah, it was an evil genius maneuver, yanking his starting quarterback from all season like that and putting in an untested true freshman.  I wasn't expecting that at all.    It worked out for him.

#566 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4911 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:45 AM

Darth Satan wins his 5th National Championship in the past 9 years.

Ug.

Better?

#567 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 4297 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

refs were in the tank for bama. missed face mask call. missed unsportsmanlike conduct call when the QBs head was shoved after the play. missed Georgia INT in the endzone....bullshit that was a catch.

#568 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 57612 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

https://www.inverse....ional-champions

Why A Computer Named UCF the Champ, According to the Scientist Who Made It

While every computer ranking — both those used in the old BCS formula and other independent analytics systems — strive for objectivity, there’s no one definitive way to adjust for strength of schedule.
“It’s in the details that people adjust for strength of schedule that accounts for the difference,” says Colley [of the University of Alabama and the Colley Matrix]. “I tend to just look at your average opponent. Others say this or that opponent matters more.”
That might seem like it would favor the Crimson Tide, given they play in the vaunted Southeastern Conference, but in fact it was UCF that benefited from the overall stronger quality of its opponents.
“What is your record against the average team you played?” Colley says is the central question his ranking system tries to answer. “Mine dings you for bad opponents more than others do. Alabama for instance had a very weak FCS opponent that was hurting them in my system.”
A relative up year for the AAC and a relative down year for the SEC also made it possible for UCF to close the gap on Alabama.
“Memphis is a very good team this year, and UCF played them twice,” says Colley. “It’s strange to contemplate the AAC having comparable quality to the SEC West. The AAC had a better year than usual.”
It also doesn’t hurt that UCF got to play and defeat Auburn in the Peach Bowl, as the Tigers are the only team to beat Alabama and split their two games against Georgia. That gives the Knights unusually high connectivity with Alabama’s schedule, which in turn makes it easier for the computer to justify that UCF wouldn’t just be competitive with Alabama, it might actually be a hair better.
“What my system is telling you right now is if you wanted to have the two most deserving teams playing in the national championship game, the top two teams would be UCF and Alabama,” he says.

#569 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

• Members *
  • 19970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:30 PM

View Postgoose, on 13 January 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

While every computer ranking — both those used in the old BCS formula and other independent analytics systems — strive for objectivity, there’s no one definitive way to adjust for strength of schedule.
“It’s in the details that people adjust for strength of schedule that accounts for the difference,” says Colley [of the University of Alabama and the Colley Matrix]. “I tend to just look at your average opponent. Others say this or that opponent matters more.”
That might seem like it would favor the Crimson Tide, given they play in the vaunted Southeastern Conference, but in fact it was UCF that benefited from the overall stronger quality of its opponents.
“What is your record against the average team you played?” Colley says is the central question his ranking system tries to answer. “Mine dings you for bad opponents more than others do. Alabama for instance had a very weak FCS opponent that was hurting them in my system.”
A relative up year for the AAC and a relative down year for the SEC also made it possible for UCF to close the gap on Alabama.
“Memphis is a very good team this year, and UCF played them twice,” says Colley. “It’s strange to contemplate the AAC having comparable quality to the SEC West. The AAC had a better year than usual.”
It also doesn’t hurt that UCF got to play and defeat Auburn in the Peach Bowl, as the Tigers are the only team to beat Alabama and split their two games against Georgia. That gives the Knights unusually high connectivity with Alabama’s schedule, which in turn makes it easier for the computer to justify that UCF wouldn’t just be competitive with Alabama, it might actually be a hair better.
“What my system is telling you right now is if you wanted to have the two most deserving teams playing in the national championship game, the top two teams would be UCF and Alabama,” he says.
Horseshit.

#570 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 73037 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:37 PM

View Postliquidcrystalcompass, on 13 January 2018 - 08:30 PM, said:

Horseshit.
Brilliant analysis.

#571 liquidcrystalcompass

liquidcrystalcompass

Ugly Betty is keeping me AWAKE!

• Members *
  • 19970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Sports, Music, Reading, The Outdoors, Ted Nugent

Posted 13 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 13 January 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

Horseshit.
Brilliant analysis.
After careful thought and a ton of research, the formulas and results given to me from many high-minded people in football led me to this conclusion.

#572 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 23412 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:11 PM

Next year, I’m looking forward to the Miami Dolphins’ first crack at the SEC.  Sure, it’s humiliating for a NFL team to move down to the college ranks, but I think they’re going to find in the long run it’ll be a better fit for them.  Will they win the conference?  Of course not.  But they might might make a mid level bowl game.

#573 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The Professor

• Members *
  • 4911 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:52 AM

The fact that they were 6th in the final poll, behind 4 teams with 2 losses pretty much says it all about the NCAA in regards to college football.

#574 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 57612 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 07:52 PM

View Postliquidcrystalcompass, on 13 January 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 13 January 2018 - 08:37 PM, said:

Horseshit.
Brilliant analysis.
After careful thought and a ton of research, the formulas and results given to me from many high-minded people in football led me to this conclusion.
:smoke:

Edited by goose, 14 January 2018 - 07:52 PM.

#575 Dread Pirate Robert

Dread Pirate Robert

Avast and belay, ye scurvy dogs!

• Members *
  • 21255 posts
  • Location:Sailing on the High Seas or drinking in a tavern in Port Royale
  • Interests:Plundering, Drinking, Wenching

Posted 14 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

GIGO

#576 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 57612 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:44 PM

View PostDread Pirate Robert, on 14 January 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

GIGO
:lol:

#577 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 23412 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Apparently, the Miami Dolphins' transition to the SEC has already hit a snag.  I heard on ESPN this morning that Saban and Alabama won't agree to play them.

"We take enough heat for scheduling cupcakes.  The Dolphins are sh*tbirds.  When they put together a roster of players that can consistently compete with a quality program, I'll be happy to talk to them.  Before then, no."

#578 laughedatbytime

laughedatbytime

Twin City Cub Fan

• Members *
  • 73037 posts
  • Interests:women's Uggs, trying to compensate for my small hands, buying gifts for the equipment staff, smashing certain cell phones, that dreamy Judge Berman

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:31 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 20 January 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

Apparently, the Miami Dolphins' transition to the SEC has already hit a snag.  I heard on ESPN this morning that Saban and Alabama won't agree to play them.

"We take enough heat for scheduling cupcakes.  The Dolphins are sh*tbirds.  When they put together a roster of players that can consistently compete with a quality program, I'll be happy to talk to them.  Before then, no."
Brady is 6-8 in Miami against non Saban Dolphin teams, so unless the psychopath thinks his recruits are better than an NFL team, he's full of shit.

Of course, there's a much better explanation of the "quote" than this but we should probably keep this out of SOCN.

#579 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

Loves that dirty water

• Members *
  • 23412 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 05:44 PM

View Postlaughedatbytime, on 20 January 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 20 January 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

Brady is 6-8 in Miami against non Saban Dolphin teams, so unless the psychopath thinks his recruits are better than an NFL team, he's full of shit.

Of course, there's a much better explanation of the "quote" than this but we should probably keep this out of SOCN.

But you say that Brady stinks, so why should Saban base his opinion on the Dolphins' talent level on how they do, at home no less, against a guy that stinks?  I understood him to mean that, overall, the Dolphins are sh*tbirds, so he doesn't want to waste his team's time by playing them.  And he doesn't want people to ridicule the Tide for playing sh*tbirds.

Here's the link to the interview:

https://www.youtube....h?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users