2017-2018 College Football Thread

blueschica

Wisconsin 24

Michigan 10

636466148263199168-MJS-uw19-05ofx-spt-wood-uw19.jpg

Tough, TOUGH win. Both defenses were dominating the line-o-scrimmage for most of the game. The Badger offense was too conservative for the entire first half, but they they took some chances in the 2nd. After taking some good shots from Michigan and going down, 10-7, the Badgers' oft-criticized QB, Alex Hornibrook, stepped up and led his team to two scoring drives. The Badgers' suffocating defense did the rest!

The only top 25 ranked team to beat a top 25 ranked team this week. Undefeated, does Wisconsin deserve to crack the top four this week? I say yes.

As all top 4 teams won big, Wisconsin looks like they'll be stuck at #5.....unless the pollsters punish Oklahoma for Baker Mayfield's classless antics on the field. That would be hilarious..... :laughing guy:

Wisconsin 24

Michigan 10

Tough, TOUGH win. Both defenses were dominating the line-o-scrimmage for most of the game. The Badger offense was too conservative for the entire first half, but they they took some chances in the 2nd. After taking some good shots from Michigan and going down, 10-7, the Badgers' oft-criticized QB, Alex Hornibrook, stepped up and led his team to two scoring drives. The Badgers' suffocating defense did the rest!

The only top 25 ranked team to beat a top 25 ranked team this week. Undefeated, does Wisconsin deserve to crack the top four this week? I say yes.

As all top 4 teams won big, Wisconsin looks like they'll be stuck at #5.....unless the pollsters punish Oklahoma for Baker Mayfield's classless antics on the field. That would be hilarious..... :laughing guy:

If the Badgers beat anOSU (and da Gophers) they're in.

As for yesterday, the top four defeated teams with Sagarin rankings of 71, 151, 155, and 172. :facepalm:

Wisconsin 24

Michigan 10

Wisconsin 24

Michigan 10

If the Badgers beat anOSU (and da Gophers) they're in.

As for yesterday, the top four defeated teams with Sagarin rankings of 71, 151, 155, and 172. :facepalm:

It is the time of year when a lot of teams schedule weak opponents before their traditional rivalry games next weekend.

Wisconsin 24

Michigan 10

Sure, but it really doesn't matter much.

Clemson and Miami will play against each other in the ACC Championship game. So, even if Clemson and Miami both win next weekend, one of them will be eliminated from playoff contention by the ACC Championship game.

Wisconsin 24

Michigan 10

Clemson and Miami will play against each other in the ACC Championship game. So, even if Clemson and Miami both win next weekend, one of them will be eliminated from playoff contention by the ACC Championship game.

You do realize that the SEC is going down don't you? I know it has nothing to do with your post but you have always been a big SEC fan. And for good reason. Until now. The worm has turned.

Wisconsin 24

Michigan 10

You do realize that the SEC is going down don't you? I know it has nothing to do with your post but you have always been a big SEC fan. And for good reason. Until now. The worm has turned.

Oh, I freely admit that the SEC is not as strong today as it was a few years ago.

Hell, South Carolina has clinched a 2nd place finish in the SEC East. That is more of a reflection on how weak the SEC East than SC being any good.

Still, SC is good enough to have a chance of upsetting Clemson next weekend -- IF, and that is a big IF, SC plays a really good game and Clemson does not. SC beating Clemson is always a happy moment for a Gamecock fan, but to beat them and by doing so knocking them out of playoff contention would make it truly special :)

• Like 2

Wisconsin 24

Michigan 10

Oh, I freely admit that the SEC is not as strong today as it was a few years ago.

Hell, South Carolina has clinched a 2nd place finish in the SEC East. That is more of a reflection on how weak the SEC East than SC being any good.

Still, SC is good enough to have a chance of upsetting Clemson next weekend -- IF, and that is a big IF, SC plays a really good game and Clemson does not. SC beating Clemson is always a happy moment for a Gamecock fan, but to beat them and by doing so knocking them out of playoff contention would make it truly special :)

Hell, the SEC West isn't that good either. Other than Alabama? I don't really see anything happening. Then again, let bowl season play out and the SEC goes 5-2 or some shit like that. :LOL: In the last couple of years the ACC and the Big 10 have kind of come up. I'm just waiting for the Big XII to implode and scatter. My conference is a joke. We have some decent teams mind you, but the power structure is simply disjointed and I don't see a remedy.

Wisconsin 24

Michigan 10

Hell, the SEC West isn't that good either. Other than Alabama? I don't really see anything happening. Then again, let bowl season play out and the SEC goes 5-2 or some shit like that. :LOL: In the last couple of years the ACC and the Big 10 have kind of come up. I'm just waiting for the Big XII to implode and scatter. My conference is a joke. We have some decent teams mind you, but the power structure is simply disjointed and I don't see a remedy.

I didn't mean to imply that the SEC West was strong. It isn't . It is stronger than the East, for sure, but that isn't saying much.

I remember back during the Trojan "dynasty" under Pete Carroll when I used to make fun of the Pac 10 as really being the Pac 1 -- the USC Trojans were always in the hunt for the NC, while nobody else in the conference was worth a damn.

The SEC hasn't gotten to that extreme point yet, but unfortunately has been trending in that direction.

It wasn't long ago that several teams from the SEC -- East as well as West -- were contenders for the SEC Championship at least, in any given year. But lately it has been a case of: Alabama wins it . . . yep, Alabama wins it again . . . to: please god, not Alabama again, ug!

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 1

Pitt is looking so good right now, leading over Miami! They have a new true freshman quarterback in who looks great! I said, where did he come from, was the starter injured? My husband made me laugh because he said, No, he just stunk!
  • Like 1

Pitt is looking so good right now, leading over Miami! They have a new true freshman quarterback in who looks great! I said, where did he come from, was the starter injured? My husband made me laugh because he said, No, he just stunk!

Congratulations Pitt. The Panthers executed plays, and Miami did not. Caines can beat Clemson, and still be out of the dance.
  • Like 2

Bret Bielema out at Arkansas to the surprise of no one and the delight of everyone (except maybe the Hogs' rivals).
  • Like 2

Bret Bielema out at Arkansas to the surprise of no one and the delight of everyone (except maybe the Hogs' rivals).

Many, many Badger fans are :laughing guy: :laughing guy: right now.

When GameDay was in Madison and they said his name the boos were deafening.

I LOLd

I LOLd

I was informed while walking off the field that I am no longer the coach at Arkansas. Never had this happen to me in my life, so this is all new to me.

-- Former Arkansas Head Coach Bret Bielema

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Congratulations Pitt. The Panthers executed plays, and Miami did not. Caines can beat Clemson, and still be out of the dance.

Miami goes down to lowly Pitt. LOL I hope this is but a prelude to a lot more upsets tomorrow. That would be awesome.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 1

I LOLd

-- Former Arkansas Head Coach Bret Bielema

Bret Bielema said something like the SEC being soft and overrated when he accepted the coaching job at Arkansas.

Since then, just about the softest thing in the SEC has been his Arkansas teams.

• Like 2

Bret Bielema said something like the SEC being soft and overrated when he accepted the coaching job at Arkansas.

Since then, just about the softest thing in the SEC has been his Arkansas teams.

He is simply not a good coach - especially during big games.

• Like 1

The Bucket and a 3rd straight bowl appearance (hey, it is Indiana) gone with a 31-24 loss to Purdue. Jeff Brohm should get coach of the year for winning 6 games with this team.

This is how ridiculous some fans are when it comes to big rivalries. When talking about the Suckeyes beating the Wollyrines but potentially losing their QB, a guy I know posted "worth it". That's f***ed up.

Just for that, anOSU should have to play the Big Ten championship with John O'Korn behind center.

• Like 1

Wisconsin Badgers (1889-2017)

First Undefeated 12-0 Regular Season in Team history

http://kccollegegameday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bucky_badger_no1_football01.jpg

• Like 4