2017-2018 College Football Thread

blueschica

#2 Clemson goes down to Syracuse, 24-27.

Is this a joke?

No sir.

WSU's Falk being mentioned for the Heisman is, though. Just threw another pick...this one a shovel pass.

How do you throw an interception on a shovel pass?

When you are having a terrible, horrible, no good, bad day.

7 turnovers total (one a pick that bounces off four different players), a one-yard punt, a punctuating touchdown run where the Cal QB (a former gymnast) does a front flip over a tackler to get into the end zone.

Smoke and ash...appropriate considering the hellfire storm that came down upon the Cougars this sad day.

• Like 1

Week 6 Still eight undefeated teams...

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Penn State

4. Georgia

5. Washington :dweez:

6. TCU

7 Wisconsin

8. Washington State :dweez:

9. Ohio State

10. Auburn

11. Miami

12. Oklahoma

13. USC

14. Oklahoma State

15. Virginia Tech

If a team on the West Coast goes undefeated, does the national press make a sound?

It sure as hell makes a noise when they shit the bed. WSU is rightly getting hammered. Edited by goose

Is this a joke?

No sir.

WSU's Falk being mentioned for the Heisman is, though. Just threw another pick...this one a shovel pass.

How do you throw an interception on a shovel pass?

When you are having a terrible, horrible, no good, bad day.

7 turnovers total (one a pick that bounces off four different players), a one-yard punt, a punctuating touchdown run where the Cal QB (a former gymnast) does a front flip over a tackler to get into the end zone.

Smoke and ash...appropriate considering the hellfire storm that came down upon the Cougars this sad day.

West Coast teams. Who cares? ;)

Michigan over Indiana in OT. Wolverines score on broken play when the RB bounces it outside, Hoosiers fail to score with first down at the 3.

Utes score with 42 seconds left to make it 28-27. They then go for two and don't make it. :banghead:

That was bad coaching, imo. Kick the extra point and go to overtime. I know USC had been moving the ball pretty well, but obviously Utah did too on that last drive.

Utes score with 42 seconds left to make it 28-27. They then go for two and don't make it. :banghead:

That was bad coaching, imo. Kick the extra point and go to overtime. I know USC had been moving the ball pretty well, but obviously Utah did too on that last drive.

Agreed. Trust your defense, and choose the option that affords multiple oppprtunities.
  • Like 1

At first I thought they were lining up for it just to get USC to take a timeout, which would have been great coaching. But I agree with you guys that they should have kicked.

Clemson drops five spots from 2 to 7. Washington and WashState drop seven spots from 5 to 12, and 8 to 15, respectively. Auburn drops eleven from 10 to 21. Miami, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State fill in the open 8 through 10 spots. Edited by goose

Penn State moves up to #2 this week with the Clemson loss. BIG game against Michigan. (Even if I didn't like Penn State I would like them this week as Harbaugh dislike runs deep in our house.). It's been the whole production with the Nittanyville tents at the ticket booth, the White Out planned, and ESPN College Game Day is going to be there as well. My hat's off to Penn State if they can stay focused through all of this! Good luck, Lions!

Penn State moves up to #2 this week with the Clemson loss. BIG game against Michigan. (Even if I didn't like Penn State I would like them this week as Harbaugh dislike runs deep in our house.). It's been the whole production with the Nittanyville tents at the ticket booth, the White Out planned, and ESPN College Game Day is going to be there as well. My hat's off to Penn State if they can stay focused through all of this! Good luck, Lions!

Being from MI, I like the Wolverines. But f--k 'em, Penn State's on a roll

Go Lions, then beat the s--t out of the Suckeyes next week

• Like 2

In early Big 10 action, Rutgers downs Purdue 14-12 and Northwestern knocks off Iowa 17-10 in OT.

If this was the SEC, it would be called great defense.

MSU RB LJ Scott's seventh driving without a license violation draws a 1 series benching.

This is 1 reason the NCAA and their overarching rules, are a complete joke. As an NCAA athlete, you can't even work at McDonalds, but driving without a license and getting caught 7 times is overlooked. Playing football or any other sort, is a privilege and that privilege should be taken away from him.

• Like 1

Tom Allen has really turned this Hoosier football program around. Before he got there they would lose by scores like 48-41 every week, now they lose 10-7 games.

That, combined with the Gamecocks beating Tennessee today, makes this weekend the best so far this year :)

Coach Muschamp and the assistants doing a great job of coaching the kids to victory, despite 2 injured starting offensive lineman, injured starting RB, and the best player on offense and the best player on defense out with broken legs. It's been very inspiring for me to see the kids constantly battling and not giving up despite the other team often having the ball last with a chance to win.

Hopefully, we can beat Vandy, this week, and give Georgia a good game, although defeating them seems improbable this year. Anything can happen.

Winning 8 or 9 and going to a bowl would be great.

That, combined with the Gamecocks beating Tennessee today, makes this weekend the best so far this year :)

Coach Muschamp and the assistants doing a great job of coaching the kids to victory, despite 2 injured starting offensive lineman, injured starting RB, and the best player on offense and the best player on defense out with broken legs. It's been very inspiring for me to see the kids constantly battling and not giving up despite the other team often having the ball last with a chance to win.

Hopefully, we can beat Vandy, this week, and give Georgia a good game, although defeating them seems improbable this year. Anything can happen.

Winning 8 or 9 and going to a bowl would be great.

Good to see you, AR! :hi: Go Gamecocks!

• Like 1

Aarrgh, tough to see Penn State go down to THE Ohio State University by one point! Good game though! Hopefully the Lions can regroup and bring it for Michigan State next week.

GrlRak1m.png.

• Like 1