Rush Fans - Help Another Progressive Rock Band?

Geddyleegenes

(Hope it's okay to post this.)

A local Chicago band here, Mungion, is about to go out on their first headlining tour and they just had their van, trailer, every instrument and all their equipment stolen while playing a show in Detroit.

They've figured that altogether, it was all worth about $41,500 total.

A Go Fund Me page has been put up for them. So far they've raised about half of what they need. They're a pretty damn cool band playing "Funky Progressive Rock". (You can go on YouTube and check out their "Scary Blankets" album.) They're actually from my home town, Cary Illinois.

I thought maybe some of the Ultra Cool Rush fans here might possibly be willing to help them out a bit.

Here's what's written on the Go Fund Me - "Mungion Robbed-We Need Your Help" page:

Last weekend, while on the road, we were staying out in Detroit, MI and woke up to find our van and trailer stolen along with all of our instruments, gear, lights and other valuable belongings. Although we are grateful that everyone is safe, our livelihood was taken from us in the blink of an eye. After going from door to door in the neighborhood we were able to track down some surveillance video that showed two men breaking in and stealing our van and trailer. Unfortunately, there was not much the authorities or anyone could do. After filing the police report and talking to neighbors we piled up in a hatchback and drove 6 hours to New York to play because the show must always go on!

Our very first TOUR as a headlining band is coming up in the next week and we need your help to get us back on our feet. Everything that was taken from us is estimated at around $41,500 total. Now more than ever, we need the help from our Mung Family to pick us back up and make the force even stronger! Any donations will help, big or small. We promise to reciprocate all of the positive energy and love through each and every show we play. We are able to do what we love because of ALL of you and could not imagine going through this journey alone. WE thank you in advance for all of your help, love, and support. We know that something like this will only make us stronger.

Love,

Mungion

What was stolen?

-2005 15 passenger Ford E-350

- Dual axel 12x6 Trailer

- Our entire lighting rig (6 R2s, cases and mounts)

- Joe's nord, organ, leslie, moog, amp, pedals and cases

-Matt's entire drum kit, stands, percussion, hardware and cases

-Justin's amplifier, pedals and cases

-Sean's amplifier and cases

-Noah's sound board, speakers, monitors and cases

-All of our microphones and cases

-All of our merchandise (shirts, vinyl, hats, pins, cds, stickers ect.)

-Trixie our mannequin

-Various belongings and electronics that were in the van

Help spread the word!

Fellow Rush fans, please help Mungion out if you can. These guys are great and deserve all the help they can get. Thanks!

-GeddyLeeGenes (Chuck)

Edited by Geddyleegenes
  • Like 3

that really sucks.. hope the stuff turns up.

btw.. interesting username.. do you know GedsJeans?

Back in 87 I had my station wagon with all my gear including a 1965 Fender stratocaster stolen from outside a pub after a gig when I went back in for a drink(very suspicious goings on),never to be seen again.Took me a while to get back on my feet again.Don't even feel right if any of my gear is elsewhere to this day.Hope their gear turns up and give the thieves a good flogging.I gave the bloke who I suspected of taking my car just that and he always gave me a wide berth after that.

(Hope it's okay to post this.)

A local Chicago band here, Mungion, is about to go out on their first headlining tour and they just had their van, trailer, every instrument and all their equipment stolen while playing a show in Detroit.

They've figured that altogether, it was all worth about $41,500 total.

A Go Fund Me page has been put up for them. So far they've raised about half of what they need. They're a pretty damn cool band playing "Funky Progressive Rock". (You can go on YouTube and check out their "Scary Blankets" album.) They're actually from my home town, Cary Illinois.

I thought maybe some of the Ultra Cool Rush fans here might possibly be willing to help them out a bit.

Here's what's written on the Go Fund Me - "Mungion Robbed-We Need Your Help" page:

Last weekend, while on the road, we were staying out in Detroit, MI and woke up to find our van and trailer stolen along with all of our instruments, gear, lights and other valuable belongings. Although we are grateful that everyone is safe, our livelihood was taken from us in the blink of an eye. After going from door to door in the neighborhood we were able to track down some surveillance video that showed two men breaking in and stealing our van and trailer. Unfortunately, there was not much the authorities or anyone could do. After filing the police report and talking to neighbors we piled up in a hatchback and drove 6 hours to New York to play because the show must always go on!

Our very first TOUR as a headlining band is coming up in the next week and we need your help to get us back on our feet. Everything that was taken from us is estimated at around $41,500 total. Now more than ever, we need the help from our Mung Family to pick us back up and make the force even stronger! Any donations will help, big or small. We promise to reciprocate all of the positive energy and love through each and every show we play. We are able to do what we love because of ALL of you and could not imagine going through this journey alone. WE thank you in advance for all of your help, love, and support. We know that something like this will only make us stronger.

Love,

Mungion

What was stolen?

-2005 15 passenger Ford E-350

- Dual axel 12x6 Trailer

- Our entire lighting rig (6 R2s, cases and mounts)

- Joe's nord, organ, leslie, moog, amp, pedals and cases

-Matt's entire drum kit, stands, percussion, hardware and cases

-Justin's amplifier, pedals and cases

-Sean's amplifier and cases

-Noah's sound board, speakers, monitors and cases

-All of our microphones and cases

-All of our merchandise (shirts, vinyl, hats, pins, cds, stickers ect.)

-Trixie our mannequin

-Various belongings and electronics that were in the van

Help spread the word!

Fellow Rush fans, please help Mungion out if you can. These guys are great and deserve all the help they can get. Thanks!

-GeddyLeeGenes (Chuck)

coming to craigslist ads near you soon... That sucks...besides the van was anything insured (I'm assuming no)? Ahhhh good old Detroit. My childhood friend wrote an article about the time his family went to a Tigers game downtown and when they returned to their dad's new Cadillac, it was up on blocks. After that, they only took rental cars to inner city Detroit.

Edited by HemiBeers