SUPERTRAMP! Like Pink Floyd meets the Beatles, with a hint of Yes. This is their official thread! :D

Entre_Perpetuo

We now have a poll!  

25 members have voted

1. 1. favorite Supertramp album!

• Supertramp
    • Indelibly Stamped
    • Crime Of The Century
    • Crisis? What Crisis?
    • Even In The Quietest Moments...
    • Breakfast In America
    • ...Famous Last Words...
    • Brother Where You Bound
    • Free As A Bird
    • Some Things Never Change
    • Slow Motion

So I was just listening to Breakfast in America last night, and I decided it's a REALLY awesome album, along with Crime Of The Century and (the vastly underrated) Even In The Quietest Moments!

I think this band is awesome and deserves more appreciation and consideration for their impact on rock music! What do you all think of them? Got a favorite song or album of theirs? Don't understand my Pink Floyd comparison? lol

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 6

I haven´t listened to them in a long while, but I was a huge fan in the late 80´s-early 90´s, when I got to know their whole discography. I even like some of the albums after Roger left - Brother Where You Bound and Free as a Bird.
  • Like 2

That whole run from Crime through Breakfast is great.

Favorite song: Even In The Quietest Moments, easily....

Definitely one of my firm favs. I listened to it around the time I was doing a project on transcendentalist writings in high school, which entailed spending some time alone, outside, "letting nature speak to me" (which it did) in the middle of January (brrrrrrrrrr). Always reminds me of that time.

• Like 1

I just noticed that I forgot to vote :LOL: , but you don't have Supertramp In Paris listed (yes, I know it's a live album), so it's just as well.

Supertramp in Paris is the only Supertramp album I have.

• Like 1

Crime of the Century is my favorite album by them, by Breakfast in America and Even in the Quietest of Moments are great also.

I do want to get into their early and later works but i havent yet

"Crime" and "Breakfast" rule. "School" is my favorite song so I'll go with "Crime."

• Like 2

I just noticed that I forgot to vote :LOL: , but you don't have Supertramp In Paris listed (yes, I know it's a live album), so it's just as well.

I was about to go edit the poll and put that in their, but it will no longer let me do so.

• Like 1

Don't leave me now

Leave me out on this lonely road

As the wind begins to howl

Don't leave me now

Don't leave me now

All alone on this darkest night

Feeling old and cold and grey

Don't leave me now

So I was just listening to Breakfast in America last night, and I decided it's a REALLY awesome album, along with Crime Of The Century and (the vastly underrated) Even In The Quietest Moments!

I think this band is awesome and deserves more appreciation and consideration for their impact on rock music! What do you all think of them? Got a favorite song or album of theirs? Don't understand my Pink Floyd comparison? lol

Yup! I had the same three albums when I was in my teens and also 'Crisis' and FLW. They were my favorite band for a while. I got into them because Fool's Overture used to be the theme song for a Canadian news show (W5 I think).

I like Hide in your Shell and many others. I saw Roger Hodgson just a few years ago and his voice hadn't aged at all!

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 2