Diffrent Stages live! Their best live record!!!!

nicky6

Loved this one! The very best officially released live album (cd) they ever released. I mean the sound is punchy and great, and the performance is steller, geddy sounds awesome on this!! Loved the work and effort that went into his, I have the japan version with force ten as a extra track which is a great version that should have been kept! The packaging with the artwork and booklet plus those mini replica tourbooks were awesome and made of great materiel rather than that cheap filmsy paper! Plus, we get 2112 in its entirety, and the best ever performance too. Plus, my fav version of test for echo! And, the bonus disc of the 78 show was excellent in sound and I enjoyed better even than ATWAS. Now, the only little, slight nikpicks I have to have made it even more perfect than it already is,, would be to have included "half the world" on the first disc after driven,, and on the 3rd disc included "lakeside park and closer to the heart" to make it more complete, they could have fit all. but never the less, excellent who loves this and thinks its their best.. ??
  • Like 4

The best part of DS was the set from 1978.

I didn't like Alex's guitar tone on the 1997 set, at all.

IMHO, Exit...Stage Left and R30 have some of the best overall sounds of their live albums.

I'm glad you like it, though.

Edited by Maverick
  • Like 3

Loved this one! The very best officially released live album (cd) they ever released. I mean the sound is punchy and great, and the performance is steller, geddy sounds awesome on this!! Loved the work and effort that went into his, I have the japan version with force ten as a extra track which is a great version that should have been kept! The packaging with the artwork and booklet plus those mini replica tourbooks were awesome and made of great materiel rather than that cheap filmsy paper! Plus, we get 2112 in its entirety, and the best ever performance too. Plus, my fav version of test for echo! And, the bonus disc of the 78 show was excellent in sound and I enjoyed better even than ATWAS. Now, the only little, slight nikpicks I have to have made it even more perfect than it already is,, would be to have included "half the world" on the first disc after driven,, and on the 3rd disc included "lakeside park and closer to the heart" to make it more complete, they could have fit all. but never the less, excellent who loves this and thinks its their best.. ??

Agreed about HTW. Prefer that over Bravado any day

Every Rush live album has it's place due to the band going through different stages(sorry) of their career hence the four studio,one live,in the days of yore.DS is great but is fantastic with the added bonus 78 gig but I don't play it much,in fact I can't remember when I last played it. I will have to dust it off as well as A Show of Hands.I love all their official live albums even Rio which sounds like crap.
  • Like 1

this picture is actually from the 78 show from DS http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/9nUAAOSwpkFY6C4l/s-l1600.jpg

I imagine that is Xanadu.

I think disc one and two are really good. Disc three is good but the delayed vocals that he does quite a bit during this concert kind of annoy me. Remember reading about him having a cold or something when they recorded this.
  • Like 1