Can "The Necromancer" crack your top 10 Rush songs?

Texas King

Can "The Necromancer" crack your top 10 Rush songs?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Can "The Necromancer" crack your top 10 Rush songs?

• Yes, it cracks my top 10.
    • No, but it's kinda close.
    • It isn't close to top 10.
    • It's extremely far from my top 10.
  2. 2. What grade would you give The Necromancer?

Since I made my edit removing the narrative bits, I listen to it a lot more. I don't see why it couldn't be in the top ten - it's pretty wicked.

It's great song with a great solo from Alex but like the rest of COS they were just feeling their way as to what would follow.I would re-record the dreary narration.

It wasn't until I listened to it on headphones that I realised the narration was actually narration...I just thought it was a weird warbling noise that kept occurring randomly throughout the song :huh: :LOL:

Fountain of Lamneth is much better in terms of writing, instrumentation and pacing. The narration really kills Necromancer for me, to be frank.
  • Like 3

Fountain of Lamneth is much better in terms of writing, instrumentation and pacing. The narration really kills Necromancer for me, to be frank.

Ahhh.... to be Frank Zappa! RIP!

I love the narration.

I hate when Neil clicks his sticks in "Didacts And Narpets." That bugs me more! LOL!

• Like 2

I love the narration.

I hate when Neil clicks his sticks in "Didacts And Narpets." That bugs me more! LOL!

Earl, I've often wondered about that

It is a click of the sticks, right ?? ... sometimes it just sounds like the set creaking or coming apart at the seams

You mean @ :46 ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qc1BxQF4ak

I love the narration.

Earl, I've often wondered about that

It is a click of the sticks, right ?? ... sometimes it just sounds like the set creaking or coming apart at the seams

You mean @ :46 ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qc1BxQF4ak

Those are just the sticks clicking. I've done it before. It's mostly just from stick positioning. They probably just scraped each other. I honestly never heard that before now!

• Like 1