• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1089 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

This piece of news was recently posted this month on Tech 21 NYC's Facebook page here.

A preview teaser of the upcoming interview posted below.

Edited by RushFanForever, 25 August 2017 - 09:03 AM.

Sponsored Post

#2 Permanent-Rush

Permanent-Rush

The Dream Police

• Members
  • 34019 posts
  • Interests:The Cure and 80's music

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:01 AM

Geddy ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

#3 ytserush

ytserush

The Professor

• Members *
  • 3899 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:55 PM

Thanks.

That will be great to hear.

#4 Vive le Rush

Vive le Rush

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Walking, especially with my dog, Jake; hiking in beautiful natural places, exercising, getting together with friends, studying and reading about diverse cultures and languages, reading and writing poetry, watching dog shows, listening to my favorite bands, and ESPECIALLY, listening to Rush CD's and watching/working out to Rush DVD's.

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

Yes, I'm definitely looking forward to it, too!!!! :drool: :drool: :heart: :ebert: :geddy: :wub:   Long live GEDDY!!!!! :geddy: :cheerleader: :banana: :wub:

#5 DistantEarlySignals

DistantEarlySignals

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1244 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 09:28 PM

Can't wait to hear it

#6 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1089 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 09:50 AM

Here's part 1 of the interview posted on Sep 19th.

#7 New Digital Man

New Digital Man

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:39 AM

I realise that not everybody was a fan of the Wal bass years, or Steinberger come to that, but they made some classic albums during that time which is a massive part of the bands legacy as well as some of Geddys finest bass work so I find it odd and quite sad that he has written those instruments out of the bands history, they haven't been seen or mentioned for over twenty years and are not seen hanging on the wall with all those others! Maybe they're in storage or in the bassment or he may have sold them, wonder why he hates them so much when at the time he had so much praise? Shame as the Wals are such great, unique and beautifully hand crafted instruments, would like to hear his views on them now!

#8 Wil1972

Wil1972

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1422 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 01:05 PM

View PostNew Digital Man, on 22 September 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

I realise that not everybody was a fan of the Wal bass years, or Steinberger come to that, but they made some classic albums during that time which is a massive part of the bands legacy as well as some of Geddys finest bass work so I find it odd and quite sad that he has written those instruments out of the bands history, they haven't been seen or mentioned for over twenty years and are not seen hanging on the wall with all those others! Maybe they're in storage or in the bassment or he may have sold them, wonder why he hates them so much when at the time he had so much praise? Shame as the Wals are such great, unique and beautifully hand crafted instruments, would like to hear his views on them now!

I seem to recall Ged played the Wal bass for years on specific songs live ... I think Temples of Syrinx? Or maybe I am thinking of a different bass. Maybe it was a Fender. Someone here can correct me.

Edited by Wil1972, 22 September 2017 - 01:08 PM.

#9 edhunter

edhunter

Rushaholic

• Members *
  • 1730 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:51 PM

View PostWil1972, on 22 September 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

I seem to recall Ged played the Wal bass for years on specific songs live ... I think Temples of Syrinx? Or maybe I am thinking of a different bass. Maybe it was a Fender. Someone here can correct me.

He hasn't played a Wal live since '92. He used a tuned down Fender for 2112 after that.

#10 Wil1972

Wil1972

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1422 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:52 PM

View Postedhunter, on 22 September 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

View PostWil1972, on 22 September 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

He hasn't played a Wal live since '92. He used a tuned down Fender for 2112 after that.

Ah ok... So there you go. Thanks for the clarification.

#11 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3775 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 22 September 2017 - 02:53 PM

um because he has better options now....and lots of them?

#12 New Digital Man

New Digital Man

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 04:37 PM

View PostHemiBeers, on 22 September 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

um because he has better options now....and lots of them?
It's a bit late for better options, not that they are, he can't change the past and why would he want to, all these basses in his collection that have nothing to do with the bands body of work!

#13 fraroc

fraroc

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2463 posts
  • Interests:Rock music, roller coasters, aviation, writing novels,

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

I kind of wonder if he sold the Steinberger and the Wal, when he showed off his bass collection years ago, I could not see them at all.

#14 jnoble

jnoble

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:32 PM

He had his black Wal hanging on his wall next to the others not that long ago. I saw it in one of his basement photos. Maybe its still there but out of frame or in its case

#15 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1089 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:02 PM

Here's a clip of Geddy with his bass collection from 'Rock Icons' posted on 'That Metal Show' YouTube channel.

Then there's photo below in 2000 from an interview with Global Bass.

Posted Image

Edited by RushFanForever, 22 September 2017 - 10:10 PM.

#16 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1089 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:30 PM

View Postjnoble, on 22 September 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

He had his black Wal hanging on his wall next to the others not that long ago. I saw it in one of his basement photos. Maybe its still there but out of frame or in its case

In addition here's some recent 2012 interviews with 'bass guitar publications' that are of interest to read. This may answer your comment.

Bass Guitar, July 2012

Guitar & Bass, August 2012

Premier Guitar, November 2012

#17 Verena

Verena

Mood Lifter

• Members *
  • 15612 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

:geddy:       :geddy:        :geddy:

Thanks for starting this thread!!

All about Geddy always rule!