Too many tours at the end could have saved geds voice for R40

nicky6

Just my opinion, so no blastin! ha ha I feel that they over did some touring at the end, like they didn't need a second leg for snakes and arrows, and the defiantly didn't need a time machine tour, (we just had R30). And I feel that the first leg of clockwork angels tour, geddys voice would have been a lot better, they didn't need that extra strain in between, and I feel that due to this, his voice might have been rested more to sound better on R40. who may agree??? Edited by nicky6
  • Like 2

Think of it this way: if Geddy ruined his voice, he did it for all of you.

If you had all sat home instead of buying tickets to see them in concert, Rush wouldn't have toured so much and Geddy would have sounded better when it came to R40.

:yes: ;) :cool: :cheers:

• Like 2

Just my opinion, so no blastin! ha ha I feel that they over did some touring at the end, like they didn't need a second leg for snakes and arrows,

Yes, yes they did - without that 2nd leg I would have missed them on that tour. So :moon:

:D

Just my opinion, so no blastin! ha ha I feel that they over did some touring at the end, like they didn't need a second leg for snakes and arrows,

Yes, yes they did - without that 2nd leg I would have missed them on that tour. So :moon:

They Didnt need to do "The Time Machine" tour. That was the biggest sack of Crap.
  • Like 2

They Didnt need to do "The Time Machine" tour. That was the biggest sack of Crap.

Then my wife would never have seen them! :D Every Rush tour is someone's first, I suppose. But I get the point. They did do a lot of touring late in their career, but it allowed me and my wife to see them 4 times together, 2X on the TM Tour and 2X on the CA Tour. And she had never seen them before, as she was new to the band when she and I married.

Edited by Wil1972

They should have just omitted all the songs where he had to stretch or scream.Short gig.

They had been touring/recording almost nonstop since the R30 tour. Geddy has taken care of his voice, but the wear increasingly showed. I can't really listen to R40 because his vocals are just strained. You could tell he was trying, but couldn't quite get there. Compare R40 to Clockwork Angels and Time Machine, you'll hear a noticeable difference. I'm just glad he never got sloppy with his bass playing.

it's not so much too many tours as too many recordings. at the actual gigs, everyone i saw was enjoying every minute of it and saying how great the band sounded. at the gigs you don't hear all the flaws and even if you do, they blip right by you lost in the excitement and the wonder of the energy.

still though i'm glad for the recordings because even though geddy doesn't sound very good on some of the songs, on others he sounds pretty f***ing fantastic, and the playing was out of this world. and i'm glad for the tours because those gigs were incredible, some of the best times i've had in the last 10 years.

it's not so much too many tours as too many recordings. at the actual gigs, everyone i saw was enjoying every minute of it and saying how great the band sounded. at the gigs you don't hear all the flaws and even if you do, they blip right by you lost in the excitement and the wonder of the energy.

still though i'm glad for the recordings because even though geddy doesn't sound very good on some of the songs, on others he sounds pretty f***ing fantastic, and the playing was out of this world. and i'm glad for the tours because those gigs were incredible, some of the best times i've had in the last 10 years.

so true on this.. when I see them in philly on CA tour, I thought he sounded great. then I got a bootleg of that show with great sound and could hear he was struggling , but I couldn't tell that while I was at the show. and I was really close too..