Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson May Form "LeeLifeson" Group

Jag2112

Oh I think they'll still fill arenas, just like plant/page filled arenas and Roger Waters filled arenas. Cause regardless what they put out. Fans will still expect the same type of show.

Page and Plant was a different situation. That was a reunion many years in the making that fans had been wanting to see. Roger Waters brought the huge production of The Wall as a selling point. Both of these tours were very special and gave fans a reason to see it. Not sure what Geddy and Alex can offer the regular concert goer in order to get them to fill the bigger venues.

On the rush is a band page on Facebook :

From Donna Halper: "Two quick things (by special request, just for Rush fans). Thing one: I spoke to Alex and conveyed everyone's happy birthday wishes. He told me he appreciates it, and that he's doing well. Healthier (lost some weight), very involved with some individual projects, life is good. And now... thing two. I asked him about the online rumors and he told me there's no LeeLifeson collaboration in the works. Both Geddy and Alex keep in close touch, of course, but both are very busy with their own projects. And neither has any plans for forming a band or touring or anything like that in the immediate future. As Alex just told me, the rumors are only rumors. And now you know... the rest of the story, direct from Alex himself. "

• Like 10

From Donna Halper: "Two quick things (by special request, just for Rush fans). Thing one: I spoke to Alex and conveyed everyone's happy birthday wishes. He told me he appreciates it, and that he's doing well. Healthier (lost some weight), very involved with some individual projects, life is good. And now... thing two. I asked him about the online rumors and he told me there's no LeeLifeson collaboration in the works. Both Geddy and Alex keep in close touch, of course, but both are very busy with their own projects. And neither has any plans for forming a band or touring or anything like that in the immediate future. As Alex just told me, the rumors are only rumors. And now you know... the rest of the story, direct from Alex himself. "

Guess I should have read the end of this thread first......

Well, I was kind of sad to read that. All we know is right now there are no plans. That's not to say that they couldn't collaborate someday. who knows. Edited by Laurabw
  • Like 2

Actually you dont need Geoff Downes, Just bring in Carl Palmer.

Screw that. They should get a younger unknown drummer who will bring a youthful energy to the project. Some new blood with serious chops would no doubt help Geddy and Alex to keep their game sharp.

They should watch the Rush cover bands on YouTube and offer the best one a job. The only problem is Alex and Geddy will have to start writing lyrics.

The lyrics in MFH weren't THAT bad...

Alex has been guilty of hyping things that didn't turn out to be reality. So if anything he would have thrown out a little hint if talking with Donna.

Consider the source of the rumor...Eddie Trunk. Self promotional ass clown....go suck it Eddie.

• Like 2

Sounds like Alex is enjoying semi-retirement almost as much as Neil. If Ged wants to tour again, he's gonna have to do it on his own.

From what I understand, they're BOTH enjoying retirement. Actually, Neil is too, but, well... Neil is a dick. :D

Sounds like Alex is enjoying semi-retirement almost as much as Neil. If Ged wants to tour again, he's gonna have to do it on his own.

From what I understand, they're BOTH enjoying retirement. Actually, Neil is too, but, well... Neil is a dick. :D

I'd really love to hear some of the insider stories that prompt this declaration. Not doubting it or anything. In fact, it's easy to believe that there's something substantial behind this, after reading the detestable "Middle Eight" section of Neil's last book. Would just love to be a fly on the wall for any discussions between Ged, Al, and Neil these days......

As much I would love anything new from Alex,Ged and Neil(and I am not holding my breath) I have never been keen on side projects,collaborations,outside/studio musicians or solo albums although I did like Victor ,Headache and I could appreciate the Buddy Rich stuff.I remember reading the fine print on HYF ,additional keyboards by Andy Richards,and the band considering adding a fourth member but thankfully they were "saved by technology".However I have a feeling Alex is being tight lipped about all this but at the same time being truthful that he and Ged are in contact,after all they are lifelong friends. I would love to see another solo album from both of them.I know Victor doesn't have much love here but I love most of it. You might catch Neil filling in at a seedy late night jazz club,maybe.

Good of Donna to seemingly put the matter to bed

Can't expect Ged or Al to address every rumour flying around but nice of close friends to give proper insight when they can

I'm a bit dissapointed to say the least. I really honestly thought that Geddy and Alex were going to break away from Neil and do something on their own. But I guess they're just gonna let him bring the entire Rush train to a screeching halt. I honestly hope they reconsider. Edited by fraroc
  • Like 1