Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson May Form "LeeLifeson" Group

Jag2112

Actually you dont need Geoff Downes, Just bring in Carl Palmer.

Screw that. They should get a younger unknown drummer who will bring a youthful energy to the project. Some new blood with serious chops would no doubt help Geddy and Alex to keep their game sharp.

yeah Carl looked like he was sucking wind on the last ELP tour...I don't think he has the stamina anymore.

* thread morphing into 'who will replace neil'... *

Edited by HemiBeers

Screw that. They should get a younger unknown drummer who will bring a youthful energy to the project. Some new blood with serious chops would no doubt help Geddy and Alex to keep their game sharp.

They should watch the Rush cover bands on YouTube and offer the best one a job. The only problem is Alex and Geddy will have to start writing lyrics.

... an instrumental album would be pretty terrific

i'm down with that. bring in bunch of guest performers. Stewart Copeland, matt cameron on drums for example.

They should watch the Rush cover bands on YouTube and offer the best one a job. The only problem is Alex and Geddy will have to start writing lyrics.

... an instrumental album would be pretty terrific

i'm down with that. bring in bunch of guest performers. Stewart Copeland, matt cameron on drums for example.

Cameron was the first name I came up with as Neil's replacement in those older threads. He's not young but he isn't a geezer yet either. A talented rocker who Geddy & Alex already respect and know personally. Of course, there's the My Favorite Headache connection too.

Yes, but PLEASE not a "flaunt my chops" kind of drummer. Someone with TASTE and chops.

What's Gavin up to these days? He's a drummer most Rush fans could easily accept.

King Crimson

I think they should just go for it. They shouldn't let Neil drag them down. If it's true that Ged has more gas in the tank and Alex's arthritis is getting a little better, by all means they should do something together!

You again with that? Geddy & Alex aren't victims. Repeat that sentence. Geddy & Alex aren't victims.

Accept it.

Yeah, they should do something together. But don't say that Geddy shouldn't let Alex drag him down if Lerxst makes a personal choice and decides not to do it in the end.

The only victim here is Fraroc. Honestly are we still talking about this?

• Like 2

yeah Carl looked like he was sucking wind on the last ELP tour...I don't think he has the stamina anymore.

Dont they all?

Dont they all?

Palmer's always been a health-conscious guy but yeah even he can't avoid nature.

He's got to be older than Neil too, right?

I saw ASIA in 2012, Carl Palmers drum solo was Awesome! none of that electronic Shit. My brother who Loves Rush a lot more than ASIA even yelled out "Now thats a drum solo Neil Peart"

Wow, your brother really gave it to Neil there. I'm sure he realized he had to become a much better drummer after that comment.

• Like 2

Dont they all?

Palmer's always been a health-conscious guy but yeah even he can't avoid nature.

Carl is 67. I just don't see him as a good match for al and ged. he might look at it as 'oh god, there's two guys I never played with and I'm 67 and have to figure out how to adapt to them. F*** it'

For all we know they might want someone alot less musically complicated as Neil.

Edited by HemiBeers

Dont they all?

Carl is 67. I just don't see him as a good match for al and ged. he might look at it as 'oh god, there's two guys I never played with and I'm 67 and have to figure out how to adapt to them. F*** it'

For all we know they might want someone alot less musically complicated as Neil.

As talented as he is, I can't imagine them adding Palmer to the Lee/Lifeson duo.

Unfortunately because of the name Lee/Lifeson they are banned from appearing on ESPN..

:LOL:

Better destroy any Lee/Lifeson statues as well..

#TALIBANLEFT

• Like 2

I'm not so certain about the "Lee-Lifeson" name either. Elsewhere I wrote that those not familiar with Rush will be asking, "Which one is Lee Lifeson? And who's the other guy?"

I thought maybe a combo of their real last names: ZivoRib. Is that TOTALLY awesome or what? Well, I suppose it is "Or what".

Maybe WeinOvich? Geddy is into wine now and Alex is Alex. That doesn't make a lot of sense either. I'm also still liking the idea of them going with Rash.

And yes, it would be cool to hear some "My Favorite Headache" songs performed live. Some "Victor" stuff, too.

• Like 2

I'm not so certain about the "Lee-Lifeson" name either. Elsewhere I wrote that those not familiar with Rush will be asking, "Which one is Lee Lifeson? And who's the other guy?"

I thought maybe a combo of their real last names: ZivoRib. Is that TOTALLY awesome or what? Well, I suppose it is "Or what".

Maybe WeinOvich? Geddy is into wine now and Alex is Alex. That doesn't make a lot of sense either. I'm also still liking the idea of them going with Rash.

And yes, it would be cool to hear some "My Favorite Headache" songs performed live. Some "Victor" stuff, too.

Those not familiar with Rush won't know Lee from Lifeson but you're busting out with "ZivoRib" and "WeinOvich"?!

:poke: ;) :LOL:

Besides, Coverdale/Page.

Additionally, I can see them naming the project after something unguessable, like one of Geddy's cocker spaniels or something.

• Like 1

Yes, but PLEASE not a "flaunt my chops" kind of drummer. Someone with TASTE and chops.

What's Gavin up to these days? He's a drummer most Rush fans could easily accept.

I love ACCEPT.

Dirxst would be a cool name :)

• Like 1

It could be speculation. It could be rumor. It could be nothing at all...

http://news.cygnus-x...n-may-form.html

I guess we'll know when we know...

"Neil doesn't even have drums in the house anymore".

I suppose he's never done anything by half, why would retirement be any different?...

"Half The World" is a shitty song too.

• Like 2

I'd be down for this if they got the right drummer. Ideally someone with the chops to handle the Rush stuff but who also isn't a Neil clone and can bring something different to the material.

I suspect there are plenty of drummers who fit both requirements.