Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson May Form "LeeLifeson" Group

Jag2112

LeeLifeson could have happened, but I can bet you that the reason why it's not happening now is because Neil probably heard the rumors and told them no. And instead of Geddy or Alex saying "I'm sorry, but this is something we want to do.", they instead put their tails between their legs and called off the whole thing.

I really doubt that. Neil probably doesn't care what the guys at his former job are doing or want to do. Alex and Geddy would just do it, putting a nice and polite Canadian explanation out that would allow Neil to save face.

• Like 3

LeeLifeson could have happened, but I can bet you that the reason why it's not happening now is because Neil probably heard the rumors and told them no. And instead of Geddy or Alex saying "I'm sorry, but this is something we want to do.", they instead put their tails between their legs and called off the whole thing.

I really doubt that. Neil probably doesn't care what the guys at his former job are doing or want to do. Alex and Geddy would just do it, putting a nice and polite Canadian explanation out that would allow Neil to save face.

And Neil would be earning money all the time for doing nothing!

It still just pisses me off how Neil has Geddy and Alex's balls in a vice grip.

This may be one of the dumbest things I'll read this year. Unless Neil owns the trademark to the band name, Geddy and Alex could tell Neil to f**k off, hire Tommy Lee and still call it Rush if they chose. Neil would have to be compensated for his share of the business of the band, but he certainly can't block it.

KISS paid Ace and Peter for years after they left because they still held a share of the band's business. And that's not including royalties.

When the original Guess Who (minus the bassist) reunited and started touring again, they had to pay the bassist because he owned the band trademark and could've prevented it.

This may be one of the dumbest things I'll read this year. Unless Neil owns the trademark to the band name, Geddy and Alex could tell Neil to f**k off, hire Tommy Lee and still call it Rush if they chose. Neil would have to be compensated for his share of the business of the band, but he certainly can't block it.

KISS paid Ace and Peter for years after they left because they still held a share of the band's business. And that's not including royalties.

When the original Guess Who (minus the bassist) reunited and started touring again, they had to pay the bassist because he owned the band trademark and could've prevented it.

We don't know for sure what could be going on behind closed doors with Rush. Maybe we just have to learn to accept that it wasn't 40 years of nice Canadian guys doing something they love and they all hold hands and sing kumbaya and all that shit.

I agree with edhunter in that this might be the dumbest thing I'll read all year.

If you could have your way you'd have Neil's pair in a vice grip, aka the palm of your hand.

I'd bet the planet Earth that Neil didn't tell Geddy and Alex to stop making music. Neil didn't even tell them that HE was stopping. So why would he tell THEM to stop?!! Makes no damn sense whatsoever.

• Like 1

How would Neil earn money from an unrelated band that performs its original material?

How would Neil earn money from an unrelated band that performs its original material?

I'm sure they'd play Huckleberry Finn and a couple of other Rush gems.

LeeLifeson could have happened, but I can bet you that the reason why it's not happening now is because Neil probably heard the rumors and told them no.

:eyeroll:

Alex and Geddy should start a new band called Roll up Some Hash.

Alex has been living it for the last 50 years!

Are you familiar with that rumor? I remember when I was in high school it was a quite commonly known rumor that Rush got it's name from being an acronym of Roll up some hash. Edited by snowdogged

Are you familiar with that rumor? I remember when I was in high school it was a quite commonly known rumor that Rush got it's name from being an acronym of Roll up some hash.

Yeah. Rubbish rumor. They smoke(d) pot and hash. So did I for many years. And as much as I enjoyed it, I wasn't going to go and name a serious work project after what I smoked.

That's simply a matter of easily excitable fans finding out (or guessing) Rush smoke(d) then finding an acronym that fits.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Are you familiar with that rumor? I remember when I was in high school it was a quite commonly known rumor that Rush got it's name from being an acronym of Roll up some hash.

That's so dumb. Everyone knows RUSH is short for Rulers Under Satan's Hand.

• Like 1

That and Royal Ushers to Satan's Home.

That and Royal Ushers to Satan's Home.

Ridiculously Ugly Sheep Herders

Yes obviously if it was unrelated material and had nothing to do with Rush then he wouldn't earn anything however in the unlikely event that Geddy and Alex went out on the road with another drummer I can't imagine that they wouldn't throw a couple of Rush tunes in the set, in which case Neil would be entitled to his share of royalties as he is on the bands back catalogue!

Edited by New Digital Man

Yes obviously if it was unrelated material and had nothing to do with Rush then he wouldn't earn anything however in the unlikely event that Geddy and Alex went out on the road with another drummer I can't imagine that they wouldn't throw a couple of Rush tunes in the set, in which case Neil would be entitled to his share of royalties as he is on the bands back catalogue!

Only if they call it Rush. Bands cover other bands all the time. I've never paid ASCAP or BMI anything.

I think it's a little selfish of him not to make an official statement about his retirement unless he's keeping all his options open, selfish either way really, don't think announcing it through his 8 year old daughter is particularly professional!

I completely agree. And its one thing to tell the fans that way. Completely different thing to tell your bandmates that way, and judging by Geddy's reaction in the press, that was how he heard that it really was a final decision.

Well, I don't think Geddy read Neil's latest book then, because it was obvious to me when I read the book that Neil was finished with touring. He also implied he wouldn't be writing any more books which I think is a real shame, because he's an excellent writer. On the other hand, I can't really remember which happened first - the release of the book, or Geddy's comments.

really? after 40 years, geddy should have to read neil's book to find out what's going on with his band?

• Like 1

I think it's a little selfish of him not to make an official statement about his retirement unless he's keeping all his options open, selfish either way really, don't think announcing it through his 8 year old daughter is particularly professional!

I completely agree. And its one thing to tell the fans that way. Completely different thing to tell your bandmates that way, and judging by Geddy's reaction in the press, that was how he heard that it really was a final decision.

Well, I don't think Geddy read Neil's latest book then, because it was obvious to me when I read the book that Neil was finished with touring. He also implied he wouldn't be writing any more books which I think is a real shame, because he's an excellent writer. On the other hand, I can't really remember which happened first - the release of the book, or Geddy's comments.

really? after 40 years, geddy should have to read neil's book to find out what's going on with his band?

Thought the same thing.

I'm not saying I agree - I'm just saying that Geddy's reaction makes me wonder if the communication is lacking. It was obvious to me that Neil was saying he was finished, but then, what do I know - I don't know him personally. I just go by what Neil writes in his books.

I don't think Neil has been interested in hanging out with these guys much at all since even before his tragedy. If it wasn't obvious to them it certainly was from the outside.
  • Like 1