Gonna Buy A Ticket?

Principled Man

There are 292,201,337 reasons why you should not buy a ticket.

But are ya gonna buy one anyway?

:D

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Ticket for what?

$700,000,000.00 Powerball jackpot. Wednesday night drawing.

• Like 1

I fell for this last year. But I'll do it again just in case I win this time. :)

Principled Man, didn't you get almost all of the winning numbers last year when the jackpot was so high?

Nah, that was a smaller lottery game - Wisconsin Supercash. About 2 years ago.

I hit 5 out of 6, and I won $2,000.00. All 6 would have won me $1,400,000.00 :doh:

• Like 1

Yes! I'm hoping there won't be a line if I go in the morning. I'm gonna go hog wild and buy two- one for me and one for my husband. :) And he better not ditch me if his wins! :LOL: Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Yes! I'm hoping there won't be a line if I go in the morning. I'm gonna go hog wild and buy two- one for me and one for my husband. :) And he better not ditch me if his wins! :LOL:

Keep your receipt! YOU are the legal owner of both tickets, so you don't have to share! :P (Unless you have those pesky community property laws in your state...... :doh: )

• Like 1

Yes! I'm hoping there won't be a line if I go in the morning. I'm gonna go hog wild and buy two- one for me and one for my husband. :) And he better not ditch me if his wins! :LOL:

Keep your receipt! YOU are the legal owner of both tickets, so you don't have to share! :P (Unless you have those pesky community property laws in your state...... :doh: )

But whatever you do don't try to hide it from him and then cash it in after the divorce. Then he'll get it all.

I love some of the other divorce lottery stories from the past.

The guy in NYC who begged his wife to come back, which she did. He then won $120 million and she split again and took half.

The guy in Florida who held his lottery news conference in the same banquet hall his ex-wife was remarrying in the next day. He raised a glass of champagne to her. He then blew all the money.

The single mom in Idaho who won 80 million, only to have her estranged husband (whom she had never officially divorced) crawl out of the woodwork and demand half.

• Like 2

But whatever you do don't try to hide it from him and then cash it in after the divorce. Then he'll get it all.

The guy in NYC who begged his wife to come back, which she did. He then won $120 million and she split again and took half.

The guy in Florida who held his lottery news conference in the same banquet hall his ex-wife was remarrying in the next day. He raised a glass of champagne to her. He then blew all the money.

The single mom in Idaho who won 80 million, only to have her estranged husband (whom she had never officially divorced) crawl out of the woodwork and demand half.

And don't let your underage children buy the tickets!

Last month, a California man was denied a $5 million scratch-off jackpot because his underage son bought the ticket...... :laughing guy:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

Let's say you "just" won $2,000,000.

What would you TRFers do with that money?

Invest it.

Maybe buy some rental property or since i am still pretty young, a diversified stock portfolio.

It's not quite enough to retire on for me.

I think I could retire on about 8 to 10 million.

Edited by thesweetscience

Last month, a California man was denied a $5 million scratch-off jackpot because his underage son bought the ticket...... :laughing guy:

I remember hearing that one! Talk about bad planning. . . .

The real challenge at hand is to not loose this, since so many lottery winners do spend it away. So I would try my best to maintain my current lifestyle. My wife and I live comfortably but have simple needs. I can't identify with people that are weathly that continue to spend wildly...i mean how big of a house do you need? How many expensive cars are enough? It's just stuff. So I'd probably retire, maintain a low key lifestyle and do volunteer work for charities.
  • Like 2

A special lightweight tandem kayak that I have been pining for. Our old canoe is getting kind of heavy to drag around!

• Like 1

The real challenge at hand is to not loose this, since so many lottery winners do spend it away. So I would try my best to maintain my current lifestyle. My wife and I live comfortably but have simple needs. I can't identify with people that are weathly that continue to spend wildly...i mean how big of a house do you need? How many expensive cars are enough? It's just stuff. So I'd probably retire, maintain a low key lifestyle and do volunteer work for charities.

The only thing I really spend money on these days is traveling. And I've cut back considerably compared to 10 years ago.

I'd probably semi-retire and work something like 3 days a week because I do like certain aspects of my job. I would travel more but I wouldn't go nuts. I've never pounded money when I'm actually at my travel destination anyway. Never felt the need to.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 3

I remember hearing that one! Talk about bad planning. . . .

Shit!!!! That'll cause someone to go into depression!

:goodone:

The only thing I really spend money on these days is traveling. And I've cut back considerably compared to 10 years ago.

I'd probably semi-retire and work something like 3 days a week because I do like certain aspects of my job. I would travel more but I wouldn't go nuts. I've never pounded money when I'm actually at my travel destination anyway. Never felt the need to.

:goodone:

Lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.

Now that is original.....

• Like 1

Ok, I bought two! Positive they will go straight to the trash can but oh well! :P

The guy in front of me made me laugh! He bought two PA lottery tickets. Clerk says don't you want to play powerball too? The guy says "I have a system! I buy those in Boiling Springs!" What the heck? That's like ten miles away. I guess if you like visiting mini marts it works!

• Like 1