Eclipses are cool!

workingcinderellaman

It's got four minutes to do something spectacular. If not, it was a lot of hype for nothing. 10:27 is supposed to be total coverage here, and we're not that far north of Portland.

They are going nuts over it on MSNBC.

It's got four minutes to do something spectacular. If not, it was a lot of hype for nothing. 10:27 is supposed to be total coverage here, and we're not that far north of Portland.

i give a four :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :boo hiss: . The only difference I could tell is a lot more shadow. It didn't get darker at all here. The sun appeared to be more dim, but that's about it.

Roosters are quiet though, but I heard the birdies still cheeping and chirping.

i give a four :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :boo hiss: :boo hiss: . The only difference I could tell is a lot more shadow. It didn't get darker at all here. The sun appeared to be more dim, but that's about it.

Roosters are quiet though, but I heard the birdies still cheeping and chirping.

You don't have the glasses apparently.

Get two pieces of paper, poke a hole in one with a paper clip and then go out into the sunlight and project a beam of light onto the other one.

I brought stuff to make a box while I run my route, but i haven't gotten around to it yet. Utah had a 60% eclipse while i lived out there and it was cool.

That was a good one! We lived in Utah then also. The leaves made really cool shadows, like little half moons, on the sidewalk. It was really cool.

It's amazing how much light 8% of the sun can produce.

Also, the sunlight isn't producing any heat.

I noticed it got cooler and a slight breeze started.

Don't know how much sun we had but, honestly, except for more shadows and it being darker in the house, if I hadn't know thisn "grand" event was taking place, I wouldn't have noticed.

I thought we had one of these already when I was about 8 years old. I remember we had to make our own glasses back then. No one was giving them out for free in the archaic sixties.

150309-solar-eclipse-01.jpg?quality=85&w=366

http://time.com/3737424/solar-eclipse/

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

This is only the beginning... ill keep ya posted. I think they'll be other east coast formers chiming in also...
  • Like 1