Is 2112 in your top 10 Rush songs?

Texas King

Is 2112 in your top 10 Rush songs?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Is 2112 in your top 10 Rush songs?

• It's No 1 Rush song in my book.
    • It's undoubtedly in my top 10.
    • It's not in top 10, but it's close.
    • It's not even close to top 10.

Even tried to woo a boy I had a crush on in 6th grade. But to no avail, alas, he was a Van Halen fan.

Is this the bicycle seduction story ??

Roller skates...

even better

I can't believe it didn't work

Yes. It hovers around 4 thru 6.

I've written papers about it. Immortalized it in art. Even tried to woo a boy I had a crush on in 6th grade. But to no avail, alas, he was a Van Halen fan.

I too have written a paper on it actually. Forgot to mention that earlier.

• Like 2

Even tried to woo a boy I had a crush on in 6th grade. But to no avail, alas, he was a Van Halen fan.

Is this the bicycle seduction story ??

Roller skates...

even better

I can't believe it didn't work

Well, truth be told, I don't believe 6th grade boys are known for their discerning taste. :poke:

• Like 1

I listen to 2112 when I am in a before Permanent Waves mood. I would rate it top five then. If I am in the other mood ,Permanent Waves and so on, I don't think of it much. As for it's significance in Rush history it's probably No 1.Having said this I don't play it much these days.A couple of months ago I was using the second car which only has a cassette player and I gave ATWAS a good thrashing so that's the last time I played it.Overall my score for today is a seven.

Very unpopular opinion BUT

Second worst Rush album. 2112 does nothing for me, especially. I find it very weak and it flows like rocks.

yet 2112 is part of your username. Not following some of your logic Nate.
  • Like 1

Second worst Rush album. 2112 does nothing for me, especially. I find it very weak and it flows like rocks.

Back about 10 years ago, it was very en vogue both here and on old CP to tack on 2112 to your username. Nothing really to do with the song itself or one's like or dislike of it. I think it started as just an easy way to rushify one's username, then it because part of an ongoing joke. A lot of people did it. I think Nate's is a product of the former rather than the latter seeing as how he joined here in 2010.

Back about 10 years ago, it was very en vogue both here and on old CP to tack on 2112 to your username. Nothing really to do with the song itself or one's like or dislike of it. I think it started as just an easy way to rushify one's username, then it because part of an ongoing joke. A lot of people did it. I think Nate's is a product of the former rather than the latter seeing as how he joined here in 2010.

I always view those who append 2112 in their username in other, non Rush forums as a signal to other Rush fans that they're one of us. Not sure how many outside of the Rush clique identify Rush fans by it though.

Having said that, the song contains about 10 minutes of the most sublime music they've ever made.

I'm sorry to say it's not even close to my top ten.

Maybe close to mine but over exposure and length keep it off my list. I enjoy the whole suite but tire of just hearing Temples of Syrinx.

I always view those who append 2112 in their username in other, non Rush forums as a signal to other Rush fans that they're one of us. Not sure how many outside of the Rush clique identify Rush fans by it though.

Having said that, the song contains about 10 minutes of the most sublime music they've ever made.

The WI-FI password at my cigar lounge was cigarbar2112. Most never thought anything about it but a few would say "hey you're a Rush fan" then I'd briefly take a break from jazz and sneak something in from the band. People who identified as Synth Era fans got 10% off from booze at the bar.

People who identified as Synth Era fans got 10% off from booze at the bar.

Good strategy

get 'em loosened up and they'll most likely come to their senses

I'm sorry to say it's not even close to my top ten.

Definitely top 10.

If it isn't, you aren't a Rush fan.

Looks like you are no longer allowed to consider yourself a Rush Fan Lorraine. ������

I know. I just saw that. :LOL:

I'm in good company though. :cool:

:laughing guy:

Edited by Lorraine