Max Webster upcoming box set and album reissues

RushFanForever

I'm in. A few things I hadn't got around to getting yet, but the bonus stuff. I hope it sounds good.

I guess Rush's next release will be on Anthem Legacy.....

Ole........Ole....Ole Ole Ole Ole.....

• Like 1

On CD7 track # 4 Battle Scar (Contraband 1979), I wonder if this is either an unreleased live performance featuring Geddy or an unreleased studio outtake.

In relation, Kim Mitchell mentioned on Q107 that the live crowd cheering in the studio recording of 'The Spirit Of Radio' is taken from a Max Webster concert.

• Like 2

For many years when I heard Geddy sing the first line "...tried to understand the white man's fears" from the second verse in 'Battlescar'; my ears were hearing ''...tried to understand the white man's bs".

http://www.2112.net/artifacts/volume1/track9/battle.jpg

• Like 1

On CD7 track # 4 Battle Scar (Contraband 1979), I wonder if this is either an unreleased live performance featuring Geddy or an unreleased studio outtake.

In relation, Kim Mitchell mentioned on Q107 that the live crowd cheering in the studio recording of 'The Spirit Of Radio' is taken from a Max Webster concert.

Hopefully they've learned their lesson and this Contraband is better than the Rush Contraband. My guess is they dug up a soundcheck performance.

Got this box set a couple of days ago - just the CDs. Pretty stripped down, no lyric sheets or anything, no accompanying booklet. Could have added a little something. Still, having a CD copy of Live Magnetic Air and the Mitchell EP is cool, as is the "bootleg" CD, although I'd love to hear more live stuff. Battlescar is weird without Rush . . .

Got this box set a couple of days ago - just the CDs. Pretty stripped down, no lyric sheets or anything, no accompanying booklet. Could have added a little something. Still, having a CD copy of Live Magnetic Air and the Mitchell EP is cool, as is the "bootleg" CD, although I'd love to hear more live stuff. Battlescar is weird without Rush . . .

Wow. Glad I held off. I have about 90 percent of this already( but no bootlegs) and I was hoping for some cool packaging and liner notes. Guess I'm sticking with the originals.

Oh, I wasn't expecting anyone to actually read it! It's an academic paper - meant only to be read by the person who wrote it and the person who edited it!
  • Like 1

A recent interview from Music Life Magazine with Anthem A&R professional Andy Curran posted here discussing the 'box set' and comments of RUSH related bits.

Hey, RushFanForever!

Thanks so much for your informative posts, both here and elsewhere.

You have a great knowledge of and passion for Canadian music, and I really appreciate the effort that you make to get this info out there!

I will now listen to MW in your honour, sir!

:cheers:

• Like 1