Gary Oldman  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How would you grade Oldman?

• A: Superior
    • B: Good/Above Average
    • C: Average
    • D: Below Average
    • F: FAIL!
  2. 2. How many movies have you seen Oldman in?

• Only 1.
    • Just a few, 2-4.
    • Some, 5-7.
    • A handful, 8-10.
    • About a dozen, 11-14.
    • A lot, 15-20.
    • Around two dozen, 21-25.
    • I quit counting because it exceeds 25.
    • I'm too lazy of a bastard to count.

Gary Oldman.

One of my favorite actors of all-time, somehow he only has a 10-6 record with me. I thought I'd like more than 10 but there you have it. Still, he's one of those guys who I think is always good even in movies I dislike.

http://www.ruthlessreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/gary-oldham.jpg

So what do you guys think of Gary Oldman?

What's his best movie? His worst?

Where's his best performance?

What are his absolute must-see films?

If you don't like him, what don't you like?

Superior

I looked on imdb and counted 12 movies I'd seen (plus the Friends episode he was in :unsure: )

The first movie I saw him in was Leon...and I was hooked

• Like 1

When I read the thread title, I was thinking Gary Cole for some reason ??!! Who is kind of a grade B actor that pops up a lot on TV but who is not Gary Oldman, so thanks for including a photo. :LOL:

I think the actual Gary Oldman is excellent, although what I have seen him in most is as Sirius Black in the Harry Potter movies! I loved Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy but it's been so long that I can't remember details of the actual performance. He just was the LeCarre character, which is why he's so good, I guess! I'll have to try to watch it again. :)

He's a good chameleon type actor in the Alec Guinness mould but he's clearly not quite on that level. He overacts a little bit and sometimes relies on over the top make-up to play the part for him (Dracula, Hannibal). He sometimes produces a great performance but other times he has no impact on a film at all.

When I read the thread title, I was thinking Gary Cole for some reason ??!! Who is kind of a grade B actor that pops up a lot on TV but who is not Gary Oldman, so thanks for including a photo. :LOL:

I think the actual Gary Oldman is excellent, although what I have seen him in most is as Sirius Black in the Harry Potter movies! I loved Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy but it's been so long that I can't remember details of the actual performance. He just was the LeCarre character, which is why he's so good, I guess! I'll have to try to watch it again. :)

tumblr_oiv32ruCtp1u501aoo1_400.gif

• Like 1

He's a good chameleon type actor in the Alec Guinness mould

Then it's fitting that Oldman and Guinness both portrayed the character of George Smiley in different adaptations of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

He's a good chameleon type actor in the Alec Guinness mould

Then it's fitting that Oldman and Guinness both portrayed the character of George Smiley in different adaptations of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy

Yeah but like I said Gary isn't as good.

I think he's a great actor and very versatile. Loved him in Dracula, The Fifth Element and Immortal Beloved in particular.
  • Like 1

He's a good chameleon type actor in the Alec Guinness mould but he's clearly not quite on that level. He overacts a little bit and sometimes relies on over the top make-up to play the part for him (Dracula, Hannibal). He sometimes produces a great performance but other times he has no impact on a film at all.

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9f/9c/25/9f9c25ca9aa9c37f7e7b91e7557462e6.gif

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9f/9c/25/9f9c25ca9aa9c37f7e7b91e7557462e6.gif

John Hurt was a better actor!

John Hurt was a better actor!

http://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2017/01/28/09/john-hurt-1984.jpg

Maybe. He was great too. :yes:

• Like 1