The 2017-2018 NHL Thread

blueschica

Congrats to THE PENS as they win out over the Flyers 8-5 and dodge tossed beer cans during the last minute of the game in Philly. Jake Guentzel was amazing, scoring 4 straight goals; a career high. Sean Couturier wasn't bad either, with a hat trick for the Flyers but Philly had a lot of turnovers today.

V52T2bsm.png

• Like 3

Who did you have to sleep with, blueschica, to get the Capitals In the next round? ;) It's going to be a slaughter...

:LOL: :LOL: I think I have mentioned this here before, my daughter lives in DC and is a huge Caps fan! Where did we go wrong?? :LOL: I was being mean myself and hoping it went to a game 7 with Blue Jackets/Caps so they would have less rest! I think the Caps will be easier to face than the Blue Jackets, though; the thing of the Pens having the Caps psyched out has got to count for something. I hope!

• Like 1

Philly fans are such assholes. The league needs to come down hard on that pathetic organization.

Philly management could help with rosters that don't blow two goal leads. Just my .02

Philly fans are such assholes. The league needs to come down hard on that pathetic organization.

Philly management could help with rosters that don't blow two goal leads. Just my .02

Nope. Fans that hurl projectiles which can cause serious damage are assholes. Stop ignoring that reality. Because it's so damn important that "my" team win. Pathetic.

Nope. Fans that hurl projectiles which can cause serious damage are assholes. Stop ignoring that reality. Because it's so damn important that "my" team win. Pathetic.

the comment was penned toward the ineptitude of the players, not the hooliganism of their fans. In regards to the later, refer to the 3/17/1955 Richard Riot, for example.

the comment was penned toward the ineptitude of the players, not the hooliganism of their fans. In regards to the later, refer to the 3/17/1955 Richard Riot, for example.

I get that. But you completely ignored the behavior of the fans.

Who did you have to sleep with, blueschica, to get the Capitals In the next round? ;) It's going to be a slaughter...

:LOL: :LOL: I think I have mentioned this here before, my daughter lives in DC and is a huge Caps fan! Where did we go wrong?? :LOL: I was being mean myself and hoping it went to a game 7 with Blue Jackets/Caps so they would have less rest! I think the Caps will be easier to face than the Blue Jackets, though; the thing of the Pens having the Caps psyched out has got to count for something. I hope!

It's going to go something like this:

The Pens win the first two in Washington comfortably.

The Capitals eek out an OT win in game three and lose game 4.

Down 3-1 the Caps rally to win games 5 and 6 late or in OT.

The Pens win by 5 or 6 in game 7 in Washington.

Sound about right?

Honestly, I was rooting hard for Columbus just so I wouldn't have to watch the beat down and now I hope the Pens sweep just to get it over with.

I think I am more disappointed in how the Boston series is going at this point.

Edited by thesweetscience
  • Like 1

Sound about right?

Honestly, I was rooting hard for Columbus just so I wouldn't have to watch the beat down and now I hope the Pens sweep just to get it over with.

That makes two of us. I hate Rask.

• Like 1

Sound about right?

I hate Kadri! :D

...athough his playoff beard makes him look like the Captain from Tintin, or the Zig-Zag man.

haddock-215x300.jpgzigzag_man_3_wall_decal.jpg?height=460&width=460&qv=90

• Like 1

Sound about right?

I have to disagree with you this time, Rick. I know we may both lone for the Thomas years (in sports and politics ;) ) but Rask made some big saves in the last game, while getting a one goal support. That's not his fault. He did everything to keep the Bruins in that game. Nice to see Bergeron's face-off dominance or Marchand's heroics, but at some point, it has to equate to putting the puck in the net. I'm confident that will take place on Wednesday...

Sound about right?

I have to disagree with you this time, Rick. I know we may both lone for the Thomas years (in sports and politics ;) ) but Rask made some big saves in the last game, while getting a one goal support. That's not his fault. He did everything to keep the Bruins in that game. Nice to see Bergeron's face-off dominance or Marchand's heroics, but at some point, it has to equate to putting the puck in the net. I'm confident that will take place on Wednesday...

I don't know Robert. I yield to you on your knowledge of the game, but a backhand from the face off circle gets through? You can blame that on Chara being out of position I suppose (IIRC McAvoy was in the corner and Chara was in front), but, to borrow your language, at some point the goalie has to step up and bail out the team if you're going to win the big games. Rask makes some big saves, because he's obviously talented, but he also has a tendency to let soft goals in at crucial moments too. You "may" ( :)) recall that the Bruins had a one goal lead on a certain dynasty from the Central Division with about a minute and a half to go at home in game 6 a few years ago, and the series didn't end up going 7 games. That's on the goalie to slam the door shut at that point. Thomas doesn't give up those two goals. A year before Thomas' heroics, the Bruins had a 3-0 lead on the Flyers in game 7 at home and they didn't advance (and they had eerily had a 3-0 series lead that went the same way game 7 did). The same basic team upset the Canucks the next year, and the only difference was Thomas.

• Like 1

Well tonight is the night when we down here in Tampa will find out who our Bolts will face next. I am not rooting for any particular team to win but I think I would rather have a Blue on White & White on Blue for round two (see what I did there ;) ) I think we will be getting a healthy dose of Black & Yellow in the near future :scared: Only time will tell :D

Lets GO lightning!!!

:hockeygoon:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

Sound about right?

...athough his playoff beard makes him look like the Captain from Tintin, or the Zig-Zag man.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ic6cqd02BEM/TnZWtFCAkxI/AAAAAAAAB04/fcoR4MBTA_Y/s1600/Land%2BAdventurer%2B6.jpg

• Like 2

Sound about right?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Ic6cqd02BEM/TnZWtFCAkxI/AAAAAAAAB04/fcoR4MBTA_Y/s1600/Land%2BAdventurer%2B6.jpg

:LMAO:

:laughing guy:

• Like 1