The 2017-2018 NHL Thread

blueschica

K :chickendance: A :chickendance: N :chickendance: E :drool: Hawks 1 Jets 0

S :dweez: A :dweez: A :dweez: D :martini: Hawks 2 Jets 0

J :oops: U :oops: R :oops: C :oops: O ;) Hawks 3 Jets 0

J :AlienSmiley: U :AlienSmiley: R :AlienSmiley: C :AlienSmiley: O :popcorn: Hawks 4 Jets 0

Too bad for Delia. :sigh: Hawks 4 Jets 1

J :AlienSmiley: U :AlienSmiley: R :AlienSmiley: C :AlienSmiley: O :popcorn: Hawks 4 Jets 0

G :cosmo: U :cosmo: S :cosmo: T :cosmo: A :cosmo: F :cosmo: S :cosmo: S :cosmo: O :cosmo: N :D-13: Hawks 5 Jets 1
  • Like 1

G :cosmo: U :cosmo: S :cosmo: T :cosmo: A :cosmo: F :cosmo: S :cosmo: S :cosmo: O :cosmo: N :D-13: Hawks 5 Jets 1

Seabrook made a mess out of that. :( Hawks 5 Jets 2

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: K :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :d13: Hawks 6 Jets 2
  • Like 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: K :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :d13: Hawks 6 Jets 2

Final. :rush: 32-36-10

Glad they got the win. Nice that Seabrook made 1,000 game mark and Scott Foster ( the emergency backup goalie) got the win for the Hawks. Fun story...https://www.nhl.com/news/blackhawks-emergency-goalie-scott-foster-has-ton-of-fun/c-297477604?tid=277548856
  • Like 2

:facepalm: Coyotes-4, Lightning-1 :facepalm: Bruins-4, Lightning-2 :yay: Lightning-7, Rangers-3. My Bolts can still win a even if only over the hapless Rangers :( the loss to the Coyotes was a let down and I so wanted My Sticks of Fire to come out against Boston like "Hey here's the team you guys will be facing in the playoffs" For the 1st 2 periods Tampa played an aggressive style but the inability to get the puck to the back of the net doomed us. Boston was skating with fire and intensity and once again Tampa succumbed to it. Thus losing the 1st place position (in the east) Tampa has held since October. A sad moment indeed but of course not the end of the world either. I do (along with many others) have some real concern as to what is going on in the minds of the players and coaches to let a slump grab hold when the club should be a well oiled machine, playing their best hockey and the verge of dominating throughout the playoffs. We have waaay too much talent on this team to be only managing 5-5 in the last 10 with a 3 consecutive loss streak included. I personally have become a believer that this "slump" is directly related to the appearance of Ryan McDonagh increase of ice time. I am not a fan of this guy and can't figure out if he is jaded for being traded (a poet that don't know it) or is still having an injury issue. I can say for sure that there is no chance in HELL this guy was made captain if he skated in NY like he has since being a Bolt. At this point I would much rather give McDonagh to NYR for Vladislav Nemestnikov BACK!! The Pregame of the Rangers game said it all. There was a remembrance ceremony for Dan Girardi, J T miller & McDumbass. With the mike on loud in the Garden of Madison Mr. McDumbass proclaimed " I will always bleed blue, oh & I guess I kinda still do." Well my hope is that whatever the issue is it gets cleared up before this clown becomes a liability. OK I feel better now :LOL:

Up next we host the predators of Cashville & I will be there!

Tampa 52-22-4 108pts

Lets GO Lightning!!!

:hockeygoon:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Pens win over the Habs 5-2 and clinch a playoff spot ! 12th year in a row; longest streak in the NHL! Nothing as exciting as Crosby's goal against New Jersey, but awesome Phil Kessel got a goal and an assist. Bring on the playoffs!

b5cH68Dm.jpg

The awesome goal from Thursday in case anyone missed it- :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7t2PyYE4b0&feature=share

Edited by blueschica

Pens win over the Habs 5-2 and clinch a playoff spot ! 12th year in a row; longest streak in the NHL! Nothing as exciting as Crosby's goal against New Jersey, but awesome Phil Kessel got a goal and an assist. Bring on the playoffs!

b5cH68Dm.jpg

The awesome goal from Thursday in case anyone missed it- :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7t2PyYE4b0&feature=share

!!! DANGER!!!! :scared:

• Like 1

:facepalm: UGH!! What an ugly game by my Lightning Easter evening losing to Cashville 4-1. We had help with Philadelphia beating Boston in OT so a win would've put Tampa in a tie for 1st place. But NOooo we had to lose as the struggle to find the back of the net continues for me Bolts :( At one point Tampa's shots on goal were over two times the shots the Preds had. To night we host the Brewbeaners for the last time in what could be called the 1st must win game for any chance to win the division & home ice...

Tampa 52-23-4 108pts

Lets GO Lightning !!!

W O W! What a win for my Sticks of Fire Tuesday! Soundly defeating a team that has had our number all season! Yes my Lightning defeated the Boston Brewbeans 4-0. I was fortunate to be there in person as one of my buddies had someone bail on him leaving him with an extra ticket :D Shots looked sharp, play was aggressive, net minding was spot on & all this with our captain held out for a lowers body injury. Stamkos will probably be held out the rest of the regular season and I think that is a smart move. Tonight will be "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" as all of us here in Tampa will be rooting for the Panthers to defeat the Brewbeans! We are tied for 1st place in the Atlantic and need to win our last 2 games and have Boston to lose I think at least 2 of their last 3 if not all. Next up my Bolts will host the Buffalo Stailers for the last home game of the reg. season home game and I will be there! :yay:

Tampa 53-23-4 110pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!!

• Like 1

Nice win over the bottom feeders of the Atlantic defeating the Buffalo Stailers 7-5. I do have to admit I think My Bolts let the opponent score way too many goals but it did add to the excitement of the game. It was a really nice time in Amalie last night as there was a packed house & tons of fan appreciation trinkets including one of my favorites, free all you can eat popcorn! :popcorn: :P Tonight will be another night that "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" as I (along with most of the bay area) will be rooting for Boston to lose to the Ottawa Spentators. A seemingly lofty wish but hey anything is possible ;) Also My Lightning have to do their part by defeating the Carolina Himmacines in the last regular season game of the season. I can't wait to see the post season schedule and I have put my shaving razor away and hopefully it will be a couple + months before I will have to use it again.

Tampa 54-23-4 112pts

Lets GO Lightning!!!

• Like 2

Nice win over the bottom feeders of the Atlantic defeating the Buffalo Stailers 7-5. I do have to admit I think My Bolts let the opponent score way too many goals but it did add to the excitement of the game. It was a really nice time in Amalie last night as there was a packed house & tons of fan appreciation trinkets including one of my favorites, free all you can eat popcorn! :popcorn: :P Tonight will be another night that "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" as I (along with most of the bay area) will be rooting for Boston to lose to the Ottawa Spentators. A seemingly lofty wish but hey anything is possible ;) Also My Lightning have to do their part by defeating the Carolina Himmacines in the last regular season game of the season. I can't wait to see the post season schedule and I have put my shaving razor away and hopefully it will be a couple + months before I will have to use it again.

Tampa 54-23-4 112pts

Lets GO Lightning!!!

Good effort from your reserves tonight. Now the B's have to pick their poison before their Nor'easter

make up game. I'd rather have them play Jersey but would like to watch a Bruin/Leaf series more.

Edited by Tinwoodsman
  • Like 1

Tampa 54-23-4 112pts

Lets GO Lightning!!!

Good effort from your reserves tonight. Now the B's have to pick their poison before their Nor'easter

make up game. I'd rather have them play Jersey but would like to watch a Bruin/Leaf series more.

Well you got the Series you were wanting to see more!:D

Lets GO Lightning!!!

• Like 1

So here we are "Playoffs Eve" :D Lots of anticipation and excitement for the clubs that made it and all their respective fans that support them. My Lightning didn't have as strong of a finish as I would of liked but the 1 point we were awarded for the OT loss to Carolina on the last regular season game made it possible to back in the as the Champions of the Atlantic division and be the numero uno seed in the east. Of course the brewbeans loss cemented the deal. I am very proud of how my Bolts did this season. It really helped the disaster known as the 2016/17 season seem like a very far off distant bad memory. Our final record was 54-23-5 with 113 points. The very encouraging thing for me is the wins (& losses) are pretty evenly split between home vs away which means we can be tough at home or on the road. We start our post season hosting the Devils of NJ Thursday night and I will be there!! :yay: I love playoff hockey and hopefully the refs let the boys play! :hockey:

I know some here have teams that didn't make it this year and I can tell you honestly I feel your pain! Along with that there's always next year :yes: Those that have their teams make it in Good Luck!

Here we go!

Lets Go lightning!!!

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1