The 2017-2018 NHL Thread

blueschica

W :coy: I :coy: N :coy: G :coy: E :coy: L :coy: S :P Hawks 1 Knights 0

Leaky Glass. :sigh: Hawks 1 Knights 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :cool: Hawks 2 Knights 1

Stupid penalty by Wingels. :crazy: Hawks 2 Knights 2

What a start to the third period. :facepalm: Knights 3 Hawks 2

Glass is over his head. :gumby: Knights 4 Hawks 2

Lambs...er, Hawks to the slaughter. :moon: Knights 5 Hawks 2

W :coy: I :coy: N :coy: G :coy: E :coy: L :coy: S :P Hawks 1 Knights 0

Leaky Glass. :sigh: Hawks 1 Knights 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :cool: Hawks 2 Knights 1

Stupid penalty by Wingels. :crazy: Hawks 2 Knights 2

What a start to the third period. :facepalm: Knights 3 Hawks 2

Glass is over his head. :gumby: Knights 4 Hawks 2

Lambs...er, Hawks to the slaughter. :moon: Knights 5 Hawks 2

Final. 24-25-8

UGH! :facepalm: Just when my Bolts need to be skating their best they struggle to be at least a hockey team and not slugs on ice (salt water ice!) We have lost 2 in a row to the dropping one to Buffalo 5-3. 3rd loss in the last 4, mostly from falling behind early then an acceptable level of effort being too little to late. It is hopefully only a little set back, surely all in the Lightning organization realize every team we face are going to play their best against the number one (while that stature still reigns) team in the league. Even if only to use the experience as a gauge to see where their respective clubs stand against the best. We have got Boston and Vegas closing (with the Brewbean's being a more immediate threat) in fast. Next up we will face a most assured blood bath as we host the motor city (earn ur) Redwings! I know they will be playing with their genuine dislike of the Bolts (a mutual feeling for Lightning regarding the motor city mad men!) & a big stick as their "gauge" to use where exactly they stand. I will be at Amalie and of course looking for a BIG home win. I realize the league has to be interesting going into the post season. I do not want my beloved Lightning to be regular season dominators only to lose in the early rounds like some DC Capital team did a few seasons ago. But I definitely want to see more consistant play game to game. It is very important at this time of the hockey season.

Tampa 38-16-3 79pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!!!

:hockeygoon:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

K :blink: E :blink: I :blink: T :blink: H :P Hawks 1 Ducks 0

S :blink: A :blink: A :blink: D :P Hawks 2 Ducks 0

Murphy for Hjalmarsson? :moon: Hawks 2 Ducks 1

And a breakaway makes it... :sigh: Hawks 2 Ducks 2

I've seen this movie before. :facepalm: Ducks 3 Hawks 2

Final. 24-26-8

Well once again a bit behind on my Lightning updates but here it is...

It was nice to leave Amalie Arena Thursday night with a "That's more like it!" feeling as my Sticks of Fire handed a 4-1 beat down of the Motor city's (earn ur) Red Wings. I was quite surprised the game was relatively incident free as far as fights go. Usually when these teams face each other it is a "blood bath" especially if we go on top early as we did Thursday. That is when the Motor City mad men usually resort to "Goon squad" tactics but for some unknown reason they didn't on this night & the Bolts responded by not being too aggressive with the extra curricular activity. Some Highlights include getting ahead early and not having to play catch up, Vasilevskiy was back in beast mode only allowing 1 (power play) goal & Nikita Kucherov got his 31st goal of the season. On a personal not I received some very good news from my Lightning Client Rep. regarding the post season. I think most of you know I have a 1/2 season ticket package which I get 21 home games. Well I found out that the seats I have are not held by another 1/2 season ticket member. So I have full exclusive 1"st Choice" for all the home play off games and Stanley Cup Finals!!! I am so :D-13: STOAKED!! :D-13: as I feel pretty confident we will go very deep in the playoffs, if not all the way this season. Yes there are still 24 games left in the reg. season and there has been some inconsistency in aggressive play as of late. However I truly believe the Lightning possess all the pieces to hoist the Cup this spring! Up next we host the NJ Deviled-eggs tonight.

Tampa 39-16-3 81pts

Lets GO Lightning!!!

• Like 1

This season has been brutal...where has the Hawks' mojo gone? :eh: :sigh:

Hossa out for the season, maybe career. Hawks sitting on his 5 million, while most of the other teams are right up against the cap, fully loaded. Quenneville unable to work with any player under thirty (unless you're a superstar) Constant line changing. Murphy for Hjalmarsson? Are you kidding me? Crawford out for half of the games...

Well another disappointing outing by my lightning last night falling to the Jersey Deviled Eggs 4-3. Once again when we need a win to secure our Numero Uno spot in the league with a nice cushion, we choke. The demise of this game for the Bolts was falling behind early, never capturing the lead and always having to play catch up hockey. This is a concerning trend here in this season but primarily these past few months. I fear this kind of flaw can and will be easily exploited b other teams we face. If they know all they have to do is get out in front and leave the Lightning to unravel on their own. I would expect them all to bring it even with more fervor and dedication (added to the desire to beat the best team in the league) than ever before! Next we Travel to DC to take on the Capitalists.

Tampa 39-17-3 81pts

Lets GO Lightning!!!

I've been busy watching the Olympics and the Pens started winning! They are now 61-35-22. Yesterday they were atop our conference, today 1 pt behind the Caps.

61-35-22? Are the Penguins playing baseball now? :unsure:
  • Like 1

I've been busy watching the Olympics and the Pens started winning! They are now 61-35-22. Yesterday they were atop our conference, today 1 pt behind the Caps.

61-35-22? Are the Penguins playing baseball now? :unsure:

:LOL: :lol: :LOL: Well, spring training has started! :LOL: Busted! Too many late nights of watching the Olympics! Didn't even realize I had typed that. :facepalm: The East Coast gets screwed as far as timing of the Olympic events. Women's gold medal game STARTS at 11:10 tonight; thanks for nothing NBC. I stay up late and give Mr. blues the results at breakfast, of course we are anxious to see Amanda Kessel !

Pens at 35-22-4. Caps sit just above them but no problem with that.

• Like 1

Well my Bolts had a nice outing against the Caps Tuesday night winning 4-2. The Lightning did exactly what they needed to do to win games, score early and command the lead! This tactic works much better than the fall behind and try to catch up approach. Highlights include Kucherov getting his 32nd goal of the season on a beautiful fake shot on B. Holtby, Braden Point scoring two goals and the down right impressive play by the 4th line. Up Next we travel to Ottawa to take on the Spentators. Tampa still holds a narrow lead in the East with Boston closing fast and the Vegas Golden Girls are now league leaders with a 40-16-4 record and 84 points...

Tampa 40-17-3 83pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!!

• Like 1