The 2017-2018 NHL Thread

blueschica

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :spitwater: Hawks 1 Wings 0

D :hi: U :hi: C :hi: L :hi: A :hi: I :hi: R :yay: Hawks 2 Wings 0

H :cool: I :cool: N :cool: O :cool: S :cool: T :cool: R :cool: O :cool: Z :cool: A :bang bang: Hawks 3 Wings 0

D :cosmo: E :cosmo: B :cosmo: R :cosmo: I :cosmo: N :cosmo: C :cosmo: A :cosmo: T :macallan: Hawks 4 Wings 0

Bad break for Forsberg. :sigh: Hawks 4 Wings 1

DeBRINCAT :notworthy: Hawks 5 Wings 1

Final. :drool: 23-19-7

Well it appears my Sticks of Fire are putting that nasty little "Mini-slump behind them! Winning the 3rd in a row spanking the Flavours of Philthadephia 5-1. My bolts have soundly reasserted themselves in the #1 place of the NHL with a 3 point overall league lead and a solid 5 point lead in the east :yay:

Some other good news is the Lightning who had league record of 4 representatives in the All Star Game this weekend will still have all 4. NHL 2nd year center Brayden Point was inserted to take the spot left open by Victor Hedman's injury 2-3 weeks ago. Brayden has been playing in "BEAST" mode scoring 20 goals, 24 Assists & 44pts thus far this season. Brayden has pretty much been a menace to other teams and is a great honor for him to get the All Star nod :yes: The Lightning take a short break :scared: for the All star event and then back on the road to face the Winnipeg jets. Tampa does not have another home game untill Feb. 8th, I will be there! :hockey:

Tampa 34-12-3 71pts

Lets GO lightning!!!

:hockeygoon:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

Well I for one am glad my team does not have ANY MORE SCHEDULED BREAKS! It truly seems that this squad is harmed by too much rest! Last night falling 3-1 to the Jets just proves my point. It seems my bolts would fare better playing 5 back to backs than having 5 days off. One Highlight was the sooner than expected return of defensemen Victor Hedman! It was great to see him back in the ice even if it seemed he looked to be out of sync and that someone put "stickem" on his skates :LOL: as he was pretty ineffective. I am sure he will regain his preinjury form quickly. Up next we travel to the land of Redheaded Klondike's of "Cowtown" to take on the Flames. With the 1/2 way point of the season in the rear view mirror and fading I predict things are going to start ratcheting up a few notches. Especially from those clubs that are on the cusp of being in the post season or not.

Tampa 34-13-3 71pts.

Lets GO Lightning!!!

S :smoke: C :smoke: H :smoke: M :smoke: A :smoke: L :smoke: T :smoke: Z :7up: Hawks 1 Canucks 0

Nothing can save our power play. :16ton: Hawks 1 Canucks 1

Gustafsson with the assist. :facepalm: Canucks 2 Hawks 1

S :smoke: C :smoke: H :smoke: M :smoke: A :smoke: L :smoke: T :smoke: Z :7up: Hawks 1 Canucks 0

Very frustrating. :| Canucks 3 Hawks 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :haz: Canucks 3 Hawks 2

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :haz: Canucks 3 Hawks 2

This one is over. :sigh: Canucks 4 Hawks 2

This one is over. :sigh: Canucks 4 Hawks 2

Final. 24-20-7

Nice!, Nice! come back win over the Redheaded Cowtown Klondike's! It was looking a weee bit scary :scared: there for a bit, starting with a huge chance to score squandered with a 5 on 3 power play very early in first. Then falling behind 4-2 in the second it certainly was not looking good. The Lightning then turned up the scoring heat starting late in the second then 12 seconds in the third. My Bolts continued the roll with 5 unanswered goals making the final score 7-4 :yay: It was good to see the Lightning fight through the adversity. The tour of western Canada continues when we travel to Vancouver to take on the Canyucks.

Tampa 35-13-3 73pts (Still solidly in 1st place in the east and still # 1 in the league Vegas in the rear view mirror)

Lets GO Lightning!!!

Well I realize I am a little late for this update but man did my Sticks of Fire put it to the Canyucks Saturday night! The final 4-2 with most of the scoring done early by my bolts and just holding off Vancouver. A bright note Victor Hedman looks better and batter each outing and I'm positive he will be at 99% pre-injury effectiveness when we travel to Edmonton tonight to take on the Sand-oilers!

Tampa 36-13-3 75pts

Lets GO Lightning!!!

• Like 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :smoke: Hawks 1 Flames 0

Too easy for Calgary. :moon: Hawks 1 Flames 1

Disaster looming. :sigh: Calgary 2 Hawks 1

And that takes care of that. :| Calgary 3 Hawks 1

D :pussy: E :pussy: B :pussy: R :pussy: I :pussy: N :pussy: C :pussy: A :pussy: T :smoke: Hawks 1 Flames 0

K :zzz: A :zzz: N :zzz: E :| Flames 3 Hawks 2

K :zzz: A :zzz: N :zzz: E :| Flames 3 Hawks 2

Final. 24-21-8

Big game tonight in Pittsburgh as the Vegas Knights show up and Marc Andre Fleury returns to many warm fuzzy feelings! He really was beloved in Pittsburgh. I think it helped that the Pens won, 5-4, with the amazing Phil Kessel scoring the winning goal in the third period!

Pens don't have the record of CMM's TB Lightning, but are doing better than earlier this year and are 30-22-3.

zjR7BPUm.jpg