Favorite Le Studio Morin Heights Recording

chain__lightning

Despite the recent tragedy that destroyed about 2/3's of the complex, this will be a fun topic.

Which Le Studio record was your favorite? This could be from Rush or any other artist that recorded there.

My favorite is Presto. Love the ambient textures in the album, Rush had some great ideas at the time.

May Le Studio's far side rest in peace...

:notworthy:

The Weapon

I think The Police recorded an album there too. I forget which one.

Favorite LeStudio Rush album for content - Moving Pictures

Favorite LeStudio Rush album for sound - Counterparts

The Police recorded parts of "Synchronicity" and the song "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" at LeStudio.

• Like 1

The Weapon

I think The Police recorded an album there too. I forget which one.

Favorite LeStudio Rush album for content - Moving Pictures

Favorite LeStudio Rush album for sound - Counterparts

The Police recorded parts of "Synchronicity" and the song "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" at LeStudio.

I think we can all agree that Counterparts is one of (if not) the best sounding Rush album ever. Crystal clear sound plus perfect mixing.

• Like 2

Well all of the Le Studio Rush albums are all my favorites, so why not say I like all of them?
  • Like 1

Well all of the Le Studio Rush albums are all my favorites, so why not say I like all of them?

Hey man, good idea! Nothing bad came out of there to be honest

Yeah. If I could time travel, I would go to all the recording sessions for all the albums and maybe figure out what bass Geddy used on Limelight.

Yeah. If I could time travel, I would go to all the recording sessions for all the albums and maybe figure out what bass Geddy used on Limelight.

He used his Jazz Bass! Have you seen the music video? It was recorded in Le Studio!

He used his Jazz Bass! Have you seen the music video? It was recorded in Le Studio!

I have seen the video numerous times. If you've ever looked in the comments of the bass track for Limelight on YouTube, you would see the debate of what he used. To me personally, it sounds like a mix of the Rickenbacker and Jazz but I'm not a bassist or studio engineer so I wouldn't be able to tell you what he exactly used.