Le Studio burned down

Permanent-Rush

It's sad that someone couldn't have turned it into a bed and breakfast or something. The days of it being a recording studio were over, I think, but so many people wanted to be able to visit it and it's in such a beautiful area. :(
  • Like 4

Is a f*ckin disgrace, in Britain that woulda been a listed building with its historical significance

Thought for years the guys, with all their money that the building helped generate for em, could've maybe chipped in and done something productive with the place. Like wtf all that money for.

If nothing else the place must have given them some great memories

• Like 5

Is a f*ckin disgrace, in Britain that woulda been a listed building with its historical significance

Thought for years the guys, with all their money that the building helped generate for em, could've maybe chipped in and done something productive with the place. Like wtf all that money for.

Even with all the money Rush may have,the place was in a remote location. They probably would have got nothing out of the investment and would be responsible for the upkeep and taxes. Not worth it if they had no specific plans for it.

Just doesn't seem like it would have been a wise financial move. Especially after the place really started falling apart.

• Like 4

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/le-studio-fire-morin-heights-1.4243188

"Montreal musician Richard Baxter launched a Kickstarter campaign in 2015 to rebuild Le Studio.

Its goal was to raise $2.4 million but it managed to take in less than $4,000."

Epic fail...loser.

• Like 1

It coulda been nature, u never know man

Maybe Ged and Alex made an off hand comment in front of Neil about maybe someday going back there to record, and Peart didn't want to take any chances.

• Like 3

I completely agree

I restore classic cars for a living, and I have a bit of an obsession with preserving historic sites - so this is inexcusable to me ..

I'm sure some the musicians who recorded at Le Studio were aware - does it not hold any importance ??

It doesn't even have to be sentimental - for f**k's sake, there are young bands that could have recorded there in the years to come ..

Imagine the money that could have been raised if some of the well known musicians went there for a day and made it look like they were volunteering to restore it ..

Very sad ... Pathetic effort on the part of a bunch of candy ass musicians

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 4

It coulda been nature, u never know man

Maybe Ged and Alex made an off hand comment in front of Neil about maybe someday going back there to record, and Peart didn't want to take any chances.

Maybe Neil caused nature to happen! That is, maybe he threw a lightning bolt from Cali over to Le Studio and hit with pinpoint accuracy.

• Like 1

I completely agree

I restore classic cars for a living, and I have a bit of an obsession with preserving historic sites - so this is inexcusable to me ..

I'm sure some the musicians who recorded at Le Studio were aware - does it not hold any importance ??

It doesn't even have to be sentimental - for f**k's sake, there are young bands that could have recorded there in the years to come ..

Imagine the money that could have been raised if some of the well known musicians went there for a day and made it look like they were volunteering to restore it ..

What if they didn't know? Can they be blamed if so?

If I weren't a TRFer I wouldn't have known.

If none of us made any effort to try and save it then how can we blame anyone else (who KNEW of its condition) for not doing anything either?

This is pathetic:

A piano -- probably too big to move -- had been left inside the building and was ultimately stolen, Perry said.

So the thieves were the only ones who had the motivation and desire to keep something

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

I completely agree

If none of us made any effort to try and save it then how can we blame anyone else (who KNEW of its condition) for not doing anything either?

There is a clip of Neil walking around the abandoned studio talking about it - I forget which documentary

This just hits a sore spot with me

• Like 2

I completely agree

There is a clip of Neil walking around the abandoned studio talking about it - I forget which documentary

Ah ok.

And how about the rest of the music world?

Maybe it's not as important to Neil as it is to fans?

I completely agree

Ah ok.

Here's a clip of the first phase of attempted renovations ... Note Danielle, the daughter of the man who built Le Studio with a dust mask and a broom - she's actually doing something and working there .. The studio needed and deserved more people like Danielle ..

I don't know all the details .. Apparently, each year the building and property would go to public auction because the owner would be delinquent in paying the $18,000 per year taxes ..

The entire thing became a fiasco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaQJzqpozso

When someone becomes famous and earns a lot of money doing something that is, when it comes down to it, is for entertainment, they owe nothing as far as commitment to a greater good .. What they choose to do with their time and earning is up to them ..

But that doesn't put them above being called out ..

I am probably jumping the gun here .. Shouldering the responsibility for this is not on any one person or group .. It's just disappointing ..

• Like 1

I completely agree

Ah ok.

Here's a clip of the first phase of attempted renovations ... Note Danielle, the daughter of the man who built Le Studio with a dust mask and a broom - she's actually doing something and working there .. The studio needed and deserved more people like Danielle ..

I don't know all the details .. Apparently, each year the building and property would go to public auction because the owner would be delinquent in paying the $18,000 per year taxes ..

The entire thing became a fiasco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaQJzqpozso

When someone becomes famous and earns a lot of money doing something that is, when it comes down to it, is for entertainment, they owe nothing as far as commitment to a greater good .. What they choose to do with their time and earning is up to them ..

But that doesn't put them above being called out ..

I am probably jumping the gun here .. Shouldering the responsibility for this is not on any one person or group .. It's just disappointing ..

This scammer still isn't giving up? He's been selling off parts of the floor for personal profit for a long while now.

• Like 1

Who's to say the band or others that recorded there didn't try to do something or look into what it would cost to rebuild it?

I don't get the strong feelings some fans have for the place. They're not the ones who recorded there and had a connection with the building. Outside of this place, I couldn't name you a single studio any album I like was recorded in.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

Who's to say the band or others that recorded there didn't try to do something or look into what it would cost to rebuild it?

I don't get the strong feelings some fans have for the place. They're not the ones who recorded there and had a connection with the building. Outside of this place, I couldn't name you a single studio any album I like was recorded in.

Abbey Road Studios?

I hear what you're saying though.

• Like 1