The 2017-18 NFL thread

laughedatbytime

Tough one to swallow, but next season might be better. If we get a break on injuries, the return of our rb Cook, and maybe giving Teddy a shot? He certainly deserves one.

Gronk takes a cheap shot to the temple. That penalty, followed by pass interference leads to a Patriots TD!

Lead is cut to 4... :)

Not a cheap shot at all. It was a football move that ended up with 2 helmets colliding and the defensive guy got called for it. Hate to see guys get knocked out of the game like that, at least Gronk because he seems like a nice guy.

Shite. Not looking good in philly.

IMO, if it's a Cheatriots vs Eagles Super Bowl, viewership will be down quite a bit. Hopefully the commercials will be worth watching because the game probably won't be.

You think on Super Bowl Sunday people who in past years watched the game will watch Lifetime instead?

• Like 1

Gronk takes a cheap shot to the temple. That penalty, followed by pass interference leads to a Patriots TD!

Not a cheap shot at all. It was a football move that ended up with 2 helmets colliding and the defensive guy got called for it. Hate to see guys get knocked out of the game like that, at least Gronk because he seems like a nice guy.

IMO, if it's a Cheatriots vs Eagles Super Bowl, viewership will be down quite a bit. Hopefully the commercials will be worth watching because the game probably won't be.

You think on Super Bowl Sunday people who in past years watched the game will watch Lifetime instead?

If someone normally watches the game, they'll probably watch it no matter who is playing. If they are casual fans, seeing the same team every year is boring and they may tune out. Personally, I'll be watching the game in between commercials with the same hope as the vast majority of the country, to see New England lose.

If someone normally watches the game, they'll probably watch it no matter who is playing. If they are casual fans, seeing the same team every year is boring and they may tune out. Personally, I'll be watching the game in between commercials with the same hope as the vast majority of the country, to see New England lose.

You mean America ISN’T rooting for the Patriots to win? Huh.

Ugh. Philly fans classy to the end. Saw and heard of Vikes fans getting beers thrown and dumped on them as they were trying to leave. I suggest those fans don't come here in 2 weeks. The lakes are cold and deep, and the fish are hungry.

Gotta hand it to the Patriots defense. They adjusted and shut down Jacksonville's defense,

It's a truly remarkable defense that is so good it shuts down the opponent's defense ;)

:yes:

They cause a massive sense of inadequacy to come over the opposing defense as they watch from the sidelines, rendering them impotent.

:P

(insert joke about Brady having the same effect on Dolphins fans)

If someone normally watches the game, they'll probably watch it no matter who is playing. If they are casual fans, seeing the same team every year is boring and they may tune out.

I think the opposite is true. It's more fun for the casual fan to have at least one Super Bowl team that is a known entity.

There is no karma in sports. Lost to a real shithole city. Or at least shithole fans. I have no problem with the Eagles organization itself, but their fans collectively need a severe ass kicking.

I'm bitter, I'm upset, but I'm still proud of my Vikings. I hope we re-sign Case, deepen our o-line and get after it next year.

And in the meanwhile; GO PATS!!!

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 2

There is no karma in sports. Lost to a real shithole city. Or at least shithole fans. I have no problem with the Eagles organization itself, but their fans collectively need a severe ass kicking.

I'm bitter, I'm upset, but I'm still proud of my Vikings. I hope we re-sign Case, deepen our o-line and get after it next year.

And in the meanwhile; GO PATS!!!

Do you mean they don't do this in Minnesota?? :P I think I mentioned earlier; I was glad last night that my daughter wasn't living there any more!

MU6Tjg4h.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

You mean America ISN’T rooting for the Patriots to win? Huh.

I am rooting for the Patriots to win because the rest of America isn't.

I haven't watched a single football game this season. I am not sure I will watch this one either.

Go Pats!!

• Like 1

This made me laugh . . . apologies in advance to RNB . . . . :)

4QQDIQTl.jpg

No need for apologies, chica. We're well aware that's the case, and has been since about September 2002.

Normally I would pull against the Patriots, but Philly fans are such awful human beings that I want to see them cry.

• Like 2

4QQDIQTl.jpg

No need for apologies, chica. We're well aware that's the case, and has been since about September 2002.

Normally I would pull against the Patriots, but Philly fans are such awful human beings that I want to see them cry.

A friend of mine went to the Super Bowl in 2005. He tells a story of walking with his son, who was probably about 10, to the game when a bunch of "gentlemen" in Eagles jerseys passed them in the opposite direction, but took the time to scream in the kid's face, "F*ck the Patriots!" or something very close to that. I'm sure there are plenty of Patriots' fans who are jerks too, but you do seem to hear a lot of these stories about Eagles' fans.

• Like 1

4QQDIQTl.jpg

A friend of mine went to the Super Bowl in 2005. He tells a story of walking with his son, who was probably about 10, to the game when a bunch of "gentlemen" in Eagles jerseys passed them in the opposite direction, but took the time to scream in the kid's face, "F*ck the Patriots!" or something very close to that. I'm sure there are plenty of Patriots' fans who are jerks too, but you do seem to hear a lot of these stories about Eagles' fans.

Aren't they the one's that threw batteries at "Santa Claus"? Douchebags and their cheesesteaks. F uck off.

• Like 1

4QQDIQTl.jpg

They seem to be happy to have that as an image, too. The crisco on the lightpole thing really happened, the city knew what was coming! :o

• Like 1

What time does this clock show?

SiA51Kt.jpg

Answer: In most places, we would say that it's 6:22.

But in Minnesota, it's 38 to 7 :P :P

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

What time does this clock show?

SiA51Kt.jpg

Answer: In most places, we would say that it's 6:22.

But in Minnesota, it's 38 to 7 :P :P

:laughing guy:
  • Like 1

http://cdn.barstoolsports.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/24/philly.jpg

http://www.5pointsblue.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/stolen-leg-1.jpg

:facepalm:

Edited by goose

For those who closely follow the NFL Draft, several mock drafts have been posting inaccurate drafting orders. :oops:

The 49ers and Raiders (6-10) have no tie-breakers, so they are using a coin flip to determine who picks 9th and who picks 10th. They will then alternate those two picks each round.

The Bengals, Redskins and Packers (7-9) are NOT using a coin flip, so they will not be rotating picks 12, 13, and 14.

The Ravens, Chargers, Seahawks, Cowboys and Lions (9-7) are not using a coin flip, so they will not be rotating picks 16-20. Some mock drafts are incorrectly showing all five teams rotating their picks.

The draft order is fixed for all teams except the 49ers and Raiders.

1 Cleveland Browns................0–16 .520

2 New York Giants..................3–13 .531

3 Indianapolis Colts ................4–12 .480

4 Cleveland Browns ................4–12 .516

5 Denver Broncos ...................5–11 .492

6 New York Jets ......................5–11 .520

7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers .......5–11 .555

8 Chicago Bears .....................5–11 .559

9 /10 Oakland Raiders ............6–10 .512

9 /10 San Francisco 49ers ......6–10 .512

11 Miami Dolphins ...................6–10 .543

12 Cincinnati Bengals ..............7–9 .465

13 Washington Redskins .........7–9 .539

14 Green Bay Packers .............7–9 .539

15 Arizona Cardinals ................8–8 .488

16 Baltimore Ravens ................9–7 .441

17 Los Angeles Chargers .........9–7 .457

18 Seattle Seahawks ................9–7 .492

19 Dallas Cowboys ...................9–7 .496

20 Detroit Lions .........................9–7 .496

For those who closely follow the NFL Draft, several mock drafts have been posting inaccurate drafting orders. :oops:

The 49ers and Raiders (6-10) have no tie-breakers, so they are using a coin flip to determine who picks 9th and who picks 10th. They will then alternate those two picks each round.

The Bengals, Redskins and Packers (7-9) are NOT using a coin flip, so they will not be rotating picks 12, 13, and 14.

The Ravens, Chargers, Seahawks, Cowboys and Lions (9-7) are not using a coin flip, so they will not be rotating picks 16-20. Some mock drafts are incorrectly showing all five teams rotating their picks.

The draft order is fixed for all teams except the 49ers and Raiders.

1 Cleveland Browns................0–16 .520

2 New York Giants..................3–13 .531

3 Indianapolis Colts ................4–12 .480

4 Cleveland Browns ................4–12 .516

5 Denver Broncos ...................5–11 .492

6 New York Jets ......................5–11 .520

7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers .......5–11 .555

8 Chicago Bears .....................5–11 .559

9 /10 Oakland Raiders ............6–10 .512

9 /10 San Francisco 49ers ......6–10 .512

11 Miami Dolphins ...................6–10 .543

12 Cincinnati Bengals ..............7–9 .465

13 Washington Redskins .........7–9 .539

14 Green Bay Packers .............7–9 .539

15 Arizona Cardinals ................8–8 .488

16 Baltimore Ravens ................9–7 .441

17 Los Angeles Chargers .........9–7 .457

18 Seattle Seahawks ................9–7 .492

19 Dallas Cowboys ...................9–7 .496

20 Detroit Lions .........................9–7 .496

Wow. The Browns improved their record from #1 to #4. Impressive. (Common Core math?) :P

• Like 1