The 2017-18 NFL thread

laughedatbytime

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has a strange poll on its website. Just one question:

Did the Steelers' loss to the Jaguars make you question Ben Roethlisberger's abilities?

No mention of the Steeler defense giving up 39 points..... :eh: :huh:

Big Ben had one of the greatest passing days in his career! Over 400 years! It was an old fashioned shoot out! Great game!

FUKK THE STEELERS!

GO RAIDERS!

They’re not playing at this point. Like pretty much every other season over the last 40 odd years. Oh, except for when the juggernaut Buccaneers annihilated them.

It's called "The NFL Has No f***ing Idea What a Forward Pass Is" era.

Is that related to the "forward fumble," era? How about the "roughing the passer/Ben Dreith" era? How about the "hit the wide receiver in the back and paralyze him and then write a book bragging about how you heard him scream," era?

I'm hoping for a Vikings/Patriots superbowl.

Jags may be the scariest team left in the playoffs.

I would love to see the Vikings win at home and in doing so, just annihilate the Patriots. Brady gets sacked 6 times and throws 3 interceptions. For good measure, maybe 1 of the Viking's linebackers could run head long into Bill in the first quarter and take him out until next season.

Getting annihilated (or annihilating teams) in the Super Bowl hasn't really been part of the Brady era, so I'd be surprised to see that.

I would think hitting Belichick on purpose would bring with it a penalty. Why give the Patriots help moving the ball? I mean, they're not sh*tbums like, say, the Dolphins. Their offense is pretty good on it own.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has a strange poll on its website. Just one question:

Did the Steelers' loss to the Jaguars make you question Ben Roethlisberger's abilities?

No mention of the Steeler defense giving up 39 points..... :eh: :huh:

Big Ben had one of the greatest passing days in his career! Over 400 years! It was an old fashioned shoot out! Great game!

FUKK THE STEELERS!

GO RAIDERS!

They’re not playing at this point. Like pretty much every other season over the last 40 odd years. Oh, except for when the juggernaut Buccaneers annihilated them.

It's called "The NFL Has No f***ing Idea What a Forward Pass Is" era.

Is that related to the "forward fumble," era? How about the "roughing the passer/Ben Dreith" era? How about the "hit the wide receiver in the back and paralyze him and then write a book bragging about how you heard him scream," era?

Those were all bullshit. Doesn't mean the hijinx of the last 15+ years are therefore justified.

I met a silly Viking

He made a real big play

He said, "I've had it comin' to me"

"And God wanted it that way"

He thought that any win is good winnin'

So he took what he could get, mmh, Oooh, oooh

I looked at him with fire red eyes

And said,

You ain't won nothin' yet

D-D-D-Diggy, you just ain't won n-n-nothin' yet

Here's something that you're never gonna get

D-D-D-Diggy, you just ain't won n-n-nothin' yet

;) ;) :P

I would love to see the Vikings win at home and in doing so, just annihilate the Patriots. Brady gets sacked 6 times and throws 3 interceptions. For good measure, maybe 1 of the Viking's linebackers could run head long into Bill in the first quarter and take him out until next season.

Getting annihilated (or annihilating teams) in the Super Bowl hasn't really been part of the Brady era, so I'd be surprised to see that.

I would think hitting Belichick on purpose would bring with it a penalty. Why give the Patriots help moving the ball? I mean, they're not sh*tbums like, say, the Dolphins. Their offense is pretty good on it own.

Nobody said anything about hitting him on purpose (although I wouldn't care about that either). Just a guy running all out to make a play and being close to the sidelines or maybe stumbling and plowing into the Cheater in Charge.

Nobody said anything about hitting him on purpose (although I wouldn't care about that either). Just a guy running all out to make a play and being close to the sidelines or maybe stumbling and plowing into the Cheater in Charge.

Oh. Well, seeing as I’ve never seen that happen in any NFL game before (a linebacker hitting the head coach), you probably shouldn’t hold out hope for that to happen fortuitously, either.

Oh. Well, seeing as I’ve never seen that happen in any NFL game before (a linebacker hitting the head coach), you probably shouldn’t hold out hope for that to happen fortuitously, either.

It happened to Dan Devine in 1971, I think. Packers Giants. Not sure if it was an LB, though.

It happened to Dan Devine in 1971, I think. Packers Giants. Not sure if it was an LB, though.

It really doesn't matter who would do it, but a linebacker would have a good combination of speed and size and would be likely to be over that way more so than a lineman.

It really doesn't matter who would do it, but a linebacker would have a good combination of speed and size and would be likely to be over that way more so than a lineman.

I think Sendejo would be able to do the job as well as anyone.

Although, and maybe it's just that he actually is the best at situational stuff, time management and when to go for it, I despise Belichick the least of the Patriot three. Brady is insufferable, not to mention a horrible faker and now he's hooked up with a snake oil guy in Guerrero, and Kraft is a crime boss who facilitates all of this stuff. Unfortunately he never leaves his box and Brady would be on the field and looking for cheap shots.

I don't give a shit who wins the Stuper Bowl as long as it isn't Tom Brady Bunch.

The Raiders will win a Super Bowl Ring in 2019.

Then they also learn that the shit deal in Vegas will fall through.

The Coliseum will then be blown up and they will build a state of the art stadium with no lame ass dome right there on site.

Because my Oakland A's are going to build their stadium at the Howard Terminal. Right next to Jack London Square and on the water.

The Oakland A's just moved their headquarters to Jack London.

A's are Raiders are going to stay in Oakland.

You heard it here first.......

I think Sendejo would be able to do the job as well as anyone.

Although, and maybe it's just that he actually is the best at situational stuff, time management and when to go for it, I despise Belichick the least of the Patriot three. Brady is insufferable, not to mention a horrible faker and now he's hooked up with a snake oil guy in Guerrero, and Kraft is a crime boss who facilitates all of this stuff. Unfortunately he never leaves his box and Brady would be on the field and looking for cheap shots.

I would think Belichick would be the one who people hate the most.

A couple of years ago, a local talk show host, Kirk Minihane (whom a lot of people hate, I love him) really went at Brady over Guerrero. Brady has been appearing weekly with Kirk and Gerry Callahan, and before Minihane, John Dennis and Gerry Callahan, since about 2002. It's mostly a puff piece, with some nuts and bolts discussion, but that was riveting radio for about 40 minutes.

70bvYRxb_normal.jpgAlex Flanagan

@Alex_Flanagan

#saints Rookie safety Marcus Williams feel to his knees on his way to locker room after his missed tackle cost saints the game and then inside the locker cried with his head in his hands.

5:38 PM - Jan 14, 2018

:(

He had not expected the Vikings to take a knee on the PAT. He tried hard to help them beat the spread, but they refused his gift. He lost a bundle of money on that, which is why he was crying.

Former Vikings linebacker Ben Leber said on local radio today that Sean Payton had been mocking Vikings fans my mimicking their "skol" chant, just before the final play.

As if the victory couldn't be any more satisfying. Take that, jackass.

1PdnS0.jpg

You're very sensitive you Vikings fans aren't you?

Former Vikings linebacker Ben Leber said on local radio today that Sean Payton had been mocking Vikings fans my mimicking their "skol" chant, just before the final play.

1PdnS0.jpg

Hey, I'm not the one feeling burned here.

1PdnS0.jpg

Hey, I'm not the one feeling burned here.

You're the one who keeps posting about it, even quoting yourself.

1PdnS0.jpg

Less than surprising from this donkey.

26907316_10100185274636390_1204095110663865183_n.jpg?oh=60679023ed3ea7d374b3d904db7b4ecf&oe=5AFB0F8E

I think that the soporific "fight song" Prince wrote in 09 cost the Vikings that game. God, that was some unlistenable shit. It made HYF seem rousing by comparison.

26907316_10100185274636390_1204095110663865183_n.jpg?oh=60679023ed3ea7d374b3d904db7b4ecf&oe=5AFB0F8E

I think that the soporific "fight song" Prince wrote in 09 cost the Vikings that game. God, that was some unlistenable shit. It made HYF seem rousing by comparison.

I completely forgot about that. It was...not good!

• Like 1