Meet-and-Greet

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Meet&Greet (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you pay $40 USD for a brief meet-and-greet (maybe 30 seconds). It includes one photo with them and one item to be autographed by all three.

1. Yes (18 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

2. No (12 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30144 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

View Postgaryg7133, on 16 August 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 16 August 2017 - 06:11 AM, said:

View PostHemiBeers, on 15 August 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

View PostLucas, on 15 August 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

View Postgaryg7133, on 15 August 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

Met one of my bass idols at a meet and greet and he was rather drunk and was a complete jerkoff (to put it mildly) to me. Luckily one of his band mates completely made up for it by being completely awesome and very generous with his time.

Gary, you can't keep us in suspense  

Who was it ??
Sounds like an interesting guessing contest for a poll.

I'm pre-guessing that Andy Summers was completely awesome

:P
That is actually probably true as I bet he would be, BUT at the risk of being labeled a total chode, Ross Valory of Journey was the reason I STARTED playing bass. The bass line from Stone In Love was the first one I ever learned (albeit incorrectly at the age of 18). Fast forward to...jeez, 12 years ago my wife and I go to see them at PNC in NJ and my buddy calls as we're leaving the venue and says don't leave, we're heading to the after party. We get back there and the guys just sort of casually stroll in. It was mostly their families who had flown in because it was one of the last shows of the tour. Everybody is just kinda hanging around and the guys are making their rounds. I walk over to Ross who was literally standing by himself and say hello and shake his hand. Before I can get a word out he starts bitching me out because when I shook his hand his shot of whatever cat pee he was drinking got on his other hand. I wanted to crawl away. My wife said she literally was dying watching this go down.  Luckily Deen Castronovo and my wife  came over and literally grabbed me and walked back to the table and hung out with my wife and myself for quite a while. Funny side story here, but Steve Augeri was fronting the band at the time and my buddy took me over to introduce me to him and he said " oh yeah, I remember you" I was like huh? " yeah man, I remember you from Future Star right?" Future Star was a studio on Staten Island where I used to occasionally rehearse. one night my drummer wanted to go across the hall because Tyketto were rehearsing and he was a big fan. We hung out for about 20 minutes. 20 minutes and Augeri remembers me almost 17 years later....

That sucks about Ross Valory. (I like Journey best when both Rolie & Perry were sharing vocals).
But I think that's great about Castronovo and Augeri. It's especially cool that Augeri remembered you.

Thanks for sharing your story. :cheers:

Sponsored Post

#42 garyg7133

garyg7133

The Seeker

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:18 AM

All in all it wasn't a bad night. The other guys were all cool if not REALLY worn out from the tour.  It's funny because I've met a handful of celebrities where i work and since I don't go all fanboy they are really cool with me. Twice I've had odd or piss poor interactions with famous people (Hillary Clinton and Lou Reed were two of THE WORST people I have ever met, celebrity or not) but usually they want to fly under the radar (Dan Girardi, Hugh Grant) or are super personable (Sandra Bullock, Eden Sher, Sean Avery, Mike Starr). I think most of the time as long as you don't start yelling and screaming any celebrity is just going to say hello and go about their business. I actually had someone go completely bonkers when Ivanka Trump came in. I was mortified because I didn't even know the woman was sitting there and normally I'd make sure no one was hanging around to make a scene. To her credit, Ivanka was really sweet but at the same time kept moving so she wouldn't end up cornered.

#43 Mystic Slipperman

Mystic Slipperman

From Genesis to Armageddon

• Members
  • 3139 posts
  • Interests:Playing and writing music.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

I would consider it, yeah. Just to be able to get a photo and say thank you for creating such great music and sharin' it with the world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users