Meet-and-Greet

JohnnyBlaze

Meet&Greet  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay $40 USD for a brief meet-and-greet (maybe 30 seconds). It includes one photo with them and one item to be autographed by all three.

Would you pay 40 bones for a meet-and-greet with all 3 members of Rush at the same time?

No gig.

Just a very brief meet-and-greet.

A very short greeting or maybe a 'Thanks for everything guys' + one group photo + one item to be signed.

No time for any meaningful conversation.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

That's all I would want from a meeting with them or any other musician/celebrity I'm a fan of. Tell them that I'm a big fan and thank them for what they've done. That's exactly what I've done with the small amount of famous people I've met. They seemed appreciative that I said anything at all.

As for the 40 bones to do it. That might be a bit harder. What kind of bones do I need to get and will obtaining them get me in trouble?

I'm not really into paying anyone famous to talk to me for any length of time so it's no for me.

Me neither.

But 40 bucks wouldn't be a bad price considering there's bands who charge a couple hundred dollars for fast pre show meet and greet these days.

I don't blame them for doing it. There are obviously fans who will pay that amount otherwise they wouldn't charge that much.

I did a meet&greet with original YES line up back in 2004 and had a great time. Both Jon and Rick were interesting and very talkative.
  • Like 2

Wouldn't do it for $40. Wouldn't do it for free. Might do it if I was paid $40.

I think the only person that would enjoy something less would be Neil. Even then I'm not so sure.

Please note that the last statement was hyperbole...I'm sure at least one of you would hate it as much. And I mean mean to insult the agoraphobic.

Too often, artists attend these reluctantly and it shows as 'ok, let's get this over with'. Other than a picture or autograph, it comes off as kind of phony.

It would be much better to meet one of them out in public in a chance encounter. I'd love to run into Alex at a guitar shop and talk some gear talk with him.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 4

I have shown my appreciation by buying their records and DVDs. I would perhaps have done it regarding a gig if the price wasn't too steep, but the chance encounter would mean a lot more. But in all honesty I leave celebrities to themselves whenever I see them.
  • Like 2

Too often, artists attend these reluctantly and it shows as 'ok, let's get this over with'. Other than a picture or autograph, it comes off as kind of phony.

It would be much better to meet one of them out in public in a chance encounter. I'd love to run into Alex at a guitar shop and talk some gear talk with him.

Because it was cheap, I paid for a Dream Theater M&G. Portnoy had the demeanour of someone about to undergo root canal surgery and he'd just seen the dentist arguing with his shadow outside a pub. Like I said earlier, icky.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, yes, I would.

I have nothing to say to them anyway, but a picture with them would be nice. You could finally see what I look like. :coy:

I'm with you, Lorraine, I would do it in a minute! $ 40.00 for a photo and a lifetime memory (even of a brief sterile encounter) would be worth it to me.

There is a medium sized concert venue near us (Shippensburg University, Luhrs Center) that often has bands like, Styx, Cheap Trick, Chicago, The Beach Boys etc. They offer Meet and Greet VIP packages separate from front row or gold circle show seating; this place doesn't do that. So right now, the price for a Meet and Greet (WITHOUT a show ticket) with a random member of Chicago is $225.00. You get a photo, M & G, Chicago merchandise and a backstage laminate. Wow.

I know it's not a real offer, but compared to that, $40.00 is cheap for a real member of Rush. I'd do it twice. :LOL:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

Absolutely yes

I have dozens of autographed photos from celebs that I have met at various conventions and shows - it's always fun .. some more than others, but given the chance to meet Geddy, Alex and Neil, it would be a blast - even for less than a minute

• Like 2

$40 for a photo AND signed item with all three would be a steal in today's world. They'd have to pay Neil seven figures to get him to do it though.

Even if you ran into them in public, you'd still be lucky to get a full minute of their time and they wouldn't look any more excited in the photo to have met you. Only exception might be Alex since he seems a bit more outgoing.

Absolutely yes

I have dozens of autographed photos from celebs that I have met at various conventions and shows - it's always fun .. some more than others, but given the chance to meet Geddy, Alex and Neil, it would be a blast - even for less than a minute

You'll like this--this thread was inspired from a recent article I read which partly discussed meet-and-greets with a few members of AKB48. Apparently, that rate is ¥3500...about $35-40 USD. But it's just the greeting and photo. And it's a mere few seconds and that's it.

The article talked about the bulk of the attendees: junior high/high school girls and middle aged, single men.

No I won't and didn't go and no I'm not making fun of you Lucas. ;)

• Like 1