Fishing Stories?

Indica

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 30 2006, 06:01 AM)
Wow!
A fishing thread!!!!!!

I'm a committed trout and pike angler, but at the moment, river and lake fishing in Ireland is average, especially coarse fishing. This is mainly down to people taking fish for culinary purposes. Some great Pike lakes around Galway are empty, as Pike is seen as a highly desirable fish by the Eastern European and Brazilian communities. The government has recently passed laws allowing anglers to take no more than 1kg of coarse fish flesh, length restrictions apply.

Hopefully this will work, but it's going to take time.
Luckily for me, my father in law knows every scrap of land like the back of his hand, and knows where the last few un-touched lakes are, so last Saturday we caught 6 pike in 4 hours, one a fine fish of 9lbs.
Still waiting to break the 20lb barrier!!

Tight lines everyone!

Pike! They're on my list! (((grin))) Along with Muskie, Tarpon, & Barracuda. Course, Northern Pike & Muskie are FAR more attainable for me that the other 2, as Canada is closer then Florida for me biggrin.gif

I have always wanted to learn to fly fish. My Grandfather, uncle & cousin all fish(ed) with fly rods. I used to try my hand at it out in the field. Grampa had these great bamboo rods that I could barely cast properly with; but I did my best. Unfortunately, being a girl meant no lessons for me. I'd love to try it now, but I'll have to find a rod somewhere. The collection of rods we had went in the fire last October.

I did get shown how to tie flies, & I love it. It's a great way to relax. Kind of a meditation of sorts for me. wink.gif

I had a favorite fishing spot, full of big nasty pickerel (((grin))) & some decent largemouth bass. I practice catch & release; (unless someone wants dinner or breakfast) but others caught on to the place & soon it went from a fish a cast, to shutouts. It's a small pond, so the pressure was felt quickly. sad.gif

I grew up fishing for brookies with tiny rods meant for climbing through the deadfalls along the brook thats pictured in my sig biggrin.gif

And Donna, ANY fish THAT big is a TRIP to catch! I've never caught anything that big ('cept the guy I was fishing with once, and he wasn't much of a fighter) so I can only imagine the adrenaline rush you got! biggrin.gif

And Donna, ANY fish THAT big is a TRIP to catch!

yes.gif Thats what i say also

Im sucha lil kid when i catch ANY fish laugh.gif

i jump around cheerin and yellin,

I caught some so small my brother used em for bait

and i still get all excited when i caught it laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Aug 30 2006, 11:28 PM)

Psycho Shark Fishing video

ohmy.gif how cool!

Mannn id LOVE to be that close to a shark of that size

Wadda rush common001.gif

I saw this vid on the same page as the link u posted

How awsume huh??

I have sucha interest in sharks, Beautiful Creatures yes.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Aug 31 2006, 03:40 PM)

ohmy.gif how cool!

Wadda rush common001.gif

How awsume huh??

Sharks, Orcas, whales, Cuda's Tarpon... some I'd LOVE to swim with; others I want on a hook at the end of my line ((((GRIN))))

The first time I saw a great white do that I was flippin! It's so cool!

I am going crazy here in MA. My nieces want me to take them fishing; but my license is for NH. I can't afford to get my MA license so I can take them fists crying.gif

I'm stuck down here in MA til I can afford a new engine for my Jeep. (The "troll" blew the engine on me as a going away present.) Then I can go back to the woods. Til then, my gear & license sit gathering dust in Manchester...

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Aug 31 2006, 03:48 PM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Aug 31 2006, 03:40 PM)

ohmy.gif how cool!

Wadda rush common001.gif

How awsume huh??

Sharks, Orcas, whales, Cuda's Tarpon... some I'd LOVE to swim with; others I want on a hook at the end of my line ((((GRIN))))

The first time I saw a great white do that I was flippin! It's so cool!

I am going crazy here in MA. My nieces want me to take them fishing; but my license is for NH. I can't afford to get my MA license so I can take them fists crying.gif

I'm stuck down here in MA til I can afford a new engine for my Jeep. (The "troll" blew the engine on me as a going away present.) Then I can go back to the woods. Til then, my gear & license sit gathering dust in Manchester...

yes.gif

Something bout Killer Whales fascinate me, along with Sharks

ok i might be a lil strange but.... i have a Cd of whales talkin

& doin their songs underwater ph34r.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Sep 2 2006, 01:05 AM)
Had a great day of fishing today 1022.gif . To tired to type it all now. Tomorrow I will laugh.gif trink39.gif

Well, it is still Friday in Alaska tongue.gif

Sooo howd u do?

any keepers?? confused13.gif

Pics?? tongue.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 2 2006, 12:04 PM)
Had a great day of fishing today 1022.gif . To tired to type it all now. Tomorrow I will laugh.gif  trink39.gif

Well, it is still Friday in Alaska  tongue.gif

Sooo howd u do?

Pics?? tongue.gif

We did great smile.gif probably caught around 70 fish between the three of us 1022.gif I should have some pics soon. My friend has the good ones on his camera. But here is a picture taken from the boat of a Black Bear hangin'out tongue.gif Anyway, we were off to fish a river that we had fished before but were limited without a boat. My friend had just purchase a new river boat 653.gif This was the only way to really fish this river as far as good access goes. It is a glacier fed river so the goal was to find the side channels that flow into it. They are clear and that is where the Salmon go to spawn. Our first stop was the place we normally fish close to the road except it had been flooded from all the rain recently with the glacier water overflowing into it. So we were off to new water that we had never explored before. After about 20 minutes we found a nice little side channel that had some fish in it all three of us were able to catch a Salmon on the surface with a dry fly, that was really cool. My friend's father had never experienced that. The access upstream on this side channel was not good so off to another place to fish. We were kinda just exploring around up stream of the main river, it wasn't looking to good so we decided to turn around and go downstream. We had seen some spots that looked nice but kept going a little further down stream and boy were we glad we did. My friend said look to the right and there it was a side channel that was about 30 ft. wide and went for at least a good half mile with good access. As we pulled in we must have scattered 200 or more Salmon.We new we had hit the jack pot.!! These fish will hit any type of Streamer fly especially pink ones. We all had fish on within minutes one after another it was really awesome. 1022.gif Also the weather started getting better and that was just an extra bonus. We were just taking turns rotating up and down the little creek to catch fish. Silver Salmon are the most aggressive out of all of them and they do some amazing jumps out of the water.It just got so crazy we would take breaks just to rest a little laugh.gif We had lost quite a few also. It was a great day!! I hadn't had one of those type of days for a long time. Other wildlife we saw were... Moose, Eagles, Hawks, Sheep and even Beluga Whales on the way home along Turnagain arm. People pay thousands of dollars just to come here and hope to get a glimpse at any wildlife they can. We payed for gas ,lunch and beer and had a trip that most only dream of.

Tight lines everyone... troutman and the beagle trink39.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/IMGP1030.jpg

Edited by troutman

QUOTE (troutman @ Sep 2 2006, 07:36 PM)
Had a great day of fishing today 1022.gif . To tired to type it all now. Tomorrow I will laugh.gif  trink39.gif

Sooo howd u do?

Pics?? tongue.gif

We did great smile.gif probably caught around 70 fish between the three of us 1022.gif I should have some pics soon. My friend has the good ones on his camera. But here is a picture taken from the boat of a Black Bear hangin'out tongue.gif Anyway, we were off to fish a river that we had fished before but were limited without a boat. My friend had just purchase a new river boat 653.gif This was the only way to really fish this river as far as good access goes. It is a glacier fed river so the goal was to find the side channels that flow into it. They are clear and that is where the Salmon go to spawn. Our first stop was the place we normally fish close to the road except it had been flooded from all the rain recently with the glacier water overflowing into it. So we were off to new water that we had never explored before. After about 20 minutes we found a nice little side channel that had some fish in it all three of us were able to catch a Salmon on the surface with a dry fly, that was really cool. My friend's father had never experienced that. The access upstream on this side channel was not good so off to another place to fish. We were kinda just exploring around up stream of the main river, it wasn't looking to good so we decided to turn around and go downstream. We had seen some spots that looked nice but kept going a little further down stream and boy were we glad we did. My friend said look to the right and there it was a side channel that was about 30 ft. wide and went for at least a good half mile with good access. As we pulled in we must have scattered 200 or more Salmon.We new we had hit the jack pot.!! These fish will hit any type of Streamer fly especially pink ones. We all had fish on within minutes one after another it was really awesome. 1022.gif Also the weather started getting better and that was just an extra bonus. We were just taking turns rotating up and down the little creek to catch fish. Silver Salmon are the most aggressive out of all of them and they do some amazing jumps out of the water.It just got so crazy we would take breaks just to rest a little laugh.gif We had lost quite a few also. It was a great day!! I hadn't had one of those type of days for a long time. Other wildlife we saw were... Moose, Eagles, Hawks, Sheep and even Beluga Whales on the way home along Turnagain arm. People pay thousands of dollars just to come here and hope to get a glimpse at any wildlife they can. We payed for gas ,lunch and beer and had a trip that most only dream of.

ohmy.gif wow! sounds like a awsume day!

Those mountains in that pic are gorgeous wub.gif

Addin Alaska On my list of places to visit

B4 I kick the bucket laugh.gif yes.gif

Beautiful Place Fisherman trink39.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 2 2006, 11:20 PM)

Sooo howd u do?

Pics?? tongue.gif

Here is just one of the beauties we were catching all day 653.gif And in the distance is Portage Glacier smile.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/greg2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/Glacier.jpg

QUOTE (troutman @ Sep 3 2006, 06:47 AM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 2 2006, 11:20 PM)

Sooo howd u do?

Pics?? tongue.gif

Here is just one of the beauties we were catching all day 653.gif And in the distance is Portage Glacier smile.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/greg2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/Glacier.jpg

One more smile.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/IMGP1046.jpg

Zoinks! ohmy.gif

thats one huge f*ckin fish applaudit.gif

Wadda fight that gave u im bettin wacko.gif

& that other pic, simply Breathtakin wub.gif

got a guest room for me?? laugh.gif

or do i get the couch with Matty unsure.gif

But for real, Alaska Is beautiful!! wub.gif

would love to see it in person one day yes.gif

i noticed...the water isnt that deep, from ur pic..

is that the same place where u caught that fish??

looks like its not even deep nuff for that fish to swim in confused13.gif

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Sep 3 2006, 08:34 AM)
1022.gif FISH ON 1022.gif

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j36/arleen2112/IMGP1046.jpg

Nice catch Mr. Troutman  trink39.gif

Thanks Arleen smile.gif Tomorrow it is out in the Matanuska Valley for RAINBOWS 1022.gif For all you 4:20 fans that's the place you wanna be laugh.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Sep 3 2006, 12:48 PM)
QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Sep 3 2006, 08:34 AM)
1022.gif FISH ON 1022.gif

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j36/arleen2112/IMGP1046.jpg

Nice catch Mr. Troutman  trink39.gif

Thanks Arleen smile.gif Tomorrow it is out in the Matanuska Valley for RAINBOWS 1022.gif For all you 4:20 fans that's the place you wanna be laugh.gif trink39.gif

I Know wink.gif

cool10.gif

QUOTE (troutman @ Sep 4 2006, 06:04 AM)
Well It's off to try and catch trophy Rainbow trout today. Hope to have some nice pics.  trink39.gif

Well, fishing turned out to be just as good as the other day. It was a beautiful morning with a little bit of fog that would soon burn off. We went to one of our favorite spots that had recently been flooded due to the rain we received during the past two months. We were told it was in good shape. When we arrived and hiked into the stream we couldn't believe how nice the water looked. My friend's first cast produced a 20" Rainbow. Then another one seconds later, then I hooked up. We were catching fish almost every cast, it was Awesome!! We knew we were in for a good day of fall fishing. There is nothing like it here in Alaska. The river had changed dramatically from all the flooding. Plus personal items everywhere from all of the houses, cabins that surround the river.We fished upstream and caught around thirty fish between us. We saw Eagles, Moose and a flock of Sandhill Cranes migrating overhead that was really cool to witness. Here are a few pictures of a trout, a totaled cabin that was not completely finished"bummer" and the fly that just nailed the trout. It is called an articulated bullethead sculpin trink39.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/IMG_0294_1_1-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/IMGP1082.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v719/troutbum/IMGP1085.jpg

QUOTE (troutman @ Sep 5 2006, 04:58 PM)
Well It's off to try and catch trophy Rainbow trout today. Hope to have some nice pics.  trink39.gif

Well, fishing turned out to be just as good as the other day. It was a beautiful morning with a little bit of fog that would soon burn off. We went to one of our favorite spots that had recently been flooded due to the rain we received during the past two months. We were told it was in good shape. When we arrived and hiked into the stream we couldn't believe how nice the water looked. My friend's first cast produced a 20" Rainbow. Then another one seconds later, then I hooked up. We were catching fish almost every cast, it was Awesome!! We knew we were in for a good day of fall fishing. There is nothing like it here in Alaska. The river had changed dramatically from all the flooding. Plus personal items everywhere from all of the houses, cabins that surround the river.We fished upstream and caught around thirty fish between us. We saw Eagles, Moose and a flock of Sandhill Cranes migrating overhead that was really cool to witness. Here are a few pictures of a trout, a totaled cabin that was not completely finished"bummer" and the fly that just nailed the trout. It is called an articulated bullethead sculpin trink39.gif

That's beautiful. I'm assuming that you were fishing in Alaska? I'm envious.

FINALLY!!!!

I get to post another fish biggrin.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/Rhiannon_of_Rivendell/General/DSC_6472.jpg

He/she's not as pretty or as big as the other fish we're seeing; ( tongue.gif ) but I still had fun. wub.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 21 2006, 12:39 PM)
QUOTE (troutman @ Sep 5 2006, 04:58 PM)

That's beautiful. I'm assuming that you were fishing in Alaska? I'm envious.

yes.gif That's where I live trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rhiannon_of_Rivendell @ Sep 21 2006, 12:42 PM)

FINALLY!!!!
I get to post another fish biggrin.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v394/Rhiannon_of_Rivendell/General/DSC_6472.jpg
He/she's not as pretty or as big as the other fish we're seeing; (  tongue.gif ) but I still had fun. wub.gif

Very nice 1022.gif Glad you had a chance to get out and do a little fishin'!!! trink39.gif