Hello again. It's been...quite a while. ..

yyz

Stumbled across the message boards once again and would just like to say a quick hello again. I have been inactive for 10+ years and my life has DRASTICALLY changed. I also remembered that I have the pleasure of owning the user name of simply "yyz". Neat.

No one probably remembers me, but...hello again fellow Rush fans! How is everyones summer going so far? Anyone attend any fantastic shows this year? If so, what were they and where?

Greetings from New York City and have a splendid year!

• Like 10

Stumbled across the message boards once again and would just like to say a quick hello again. I have been inactive for 10+ years and my life has DRASTICALLY changed. I also remembered that I have the pleasure of owning the user name of simply "yyz". Neat.

No one probably remembers me, but...hello again fellow Rush fans! How is everyones summer going so far? Anyone attend any fantastic shows this year? If so, what were they and where?

Greetings from New York City and have a splendid year!

Welcome back YYZ

I've been here for 2 years so I wasn't here for your first go 'round, but nice to see you back

.. you originally from Detroit rock city ??

What brought to NYC ?

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

Welcome back, yyz! I didn't have the pleasure of knowing you before, but all the same I'm glad that you've returned! :hi:

As for your questions...my biggest show of the year thus far has been Tool. Not sure if you're a fan, but I splurged and had my mind blown. It's probably still floating out there somewhere :LOL:

How about you? Have you seen anything particularly great this year?

• Like 1

Wow, to be able to get the screen name yyz must mean you were part of the original crew here.

Welcome back.

That he was!

5 people were murdered while trying to get the sn "Geddy"!

And welcome back yyz!

After all these years, some people are still arguing over how to pronounce the last syllable of your name.

• Like 3

welcome back. while lacking conversation about rush itself, due to their retirement, trf has filled the void with lots of lists and polls.

i wonder if 'yyzed' is available as a trf username. hmmmm...

• Like 2

welcome back. while lacking conversation about rush itself, due to their retirement, trf has filled the void with lots of lists and polls.

i wonder if 'yyzed' is available as a trf username. hmmmm...

YYZed and a YYZedd registered years ago. Many were slaughtered for acquisition of those names too.

Hello, YYZ! I joined in March of '05, but wasn't here much of the time unless CP was down for some reason...came back in Nov. of '15 and have been here ever since. Left CP because there were too many people into making fun of other folks...still love a lot of the people there, but too many I don't like to stay. So, WELCOME BACK!

http://i.imgur.com/NMaKWXv.gif

• Like 1

Thanks all! I've been super busy as of late. I'll answer a few questions you guys posted. I was part of the original crew yea! I am not from Detroit, close, but from Grand Rapids. I moved away to NYC to pursue my passions. You know, a typical New York City story you could say. Still playing drums and have become...obscenely good at it as well. Not to sound arrogant, I just keep track of progress. I am also an an actor in the city as well.

As far as shows, I've been to quite a few. I have really been into the progressive metal scene as of the past years. Animals as Leaders was a show that sticks in my mind as well as Plini. If you like progressive, instrumental, and some heavy mixed in, these guys will blow you away. Also been hanging out at local music venues where JoJo Mayer and the likes perform. It's incredible.

edhunter, I am not the guys who skipped out on a kid for a concert haha!

Currently, im sitting at work in Manhattan waiting for the wedding I am working to finish.

Oh yea.