The Bicycle Science Fiction Action Adventure Connection Film Thread

RUSHHEAD666

"Bicycle Race" By Queen Is Not Featured In Any Of These High End Action Adventure Science Fiction Films! You IN? Or Are You OUT OF SPACE?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Film Or Cable TV Series Do You Love The Most That Features A Bicycle Scene?

• "E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial"
    • "The Goonies"
    • "In The Mouth Of Madness" Yep, Hayden Christensen! Carpenter Star Wars Connection!
    • "Poltergeist"
    • "Stranger Things"
    • "Super 8"
    • Other.......

So as you know I'm a very stranger thing on this Rush Forum. I will never change and never leave this white boxed rectangled forum unless banned by 73 "Forever." That's for Y&T.

Anyway I have been on a serious run of many famous films and of course one awesome cable show. Their second season comes out one week before Halloween. Can't wait.

Anyway, there are a lot of films/cable features that are connected through kids riding bicycles!

I am in no mood to do a full search tonight, however I am going to create this poll simply at the top of my very silly, insane and insipid Rushhead.

So let's have at it gang!

I am watching "The Goonies" tonight.

Watched "Poltergeist" then "Super 8" and now you know.... that campy kid flick with Cyndi Lauper doing the hit song........

I'll leave the rest up to you!

I'm missing my movie!!!!

Ciao!

Best movie with a bicycle:

Road to Perdition

Never mentioned movie with a bicycle that's worth a watch:

The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys

And hey Earl, Goonies isn't campy at all. It's the one I've seen the most off that list!

I've never seen Stranger Things or that Hayden flick.

Super 8 wasn't bad but it was kind of disappointing.

I chose E.T. Regardless of the unrealistic flying bike scene, the rest of the time the kids in the movie rode bikes like well...kids rode bikes back then. Tooling around town, not be expected home until nightfall. That's how we got from point 'a' to point 'b'. The action was wherever all the bikes were laying in the yard. They were our 'Triggers', our 'Scouts', our trusty steeds. I still see kids tooling around town on their bikes, but not to the degree that my generation and older did. Kids don't seem to go around in gangs much anymore either.
  • Like 2

Breaking Away is awash in bicycle riding and racing but there's no lame, science fiction connection. :moon:

Breaking Away was an excellent movie.

(It's all fun & games 'til the Italians put a stick in your spokes, though)

But the sci-fi connection is what this threads all about, er...or some of what it's all it's all about.

I think.

yeah.

Edited by Alien Girl
  • Like 1

Uh, I totally ignored that sci-fi connection thing, so the Butch and Sundance scene mismatches here, but f**k that, it's a great movie and I love the scene. :16ton: :hail:
  • Like 2

Bike movies? No Pee Wee's Big Adventure? :LOL:

Of those choices I'd definitely pick The Goonies. Great kids movie.

• Like 2

Uh, I totally ignored that sci-fi connection thing, so the Butch and Sundance scene mismatches here, but f**k that, it's a great movie and I love the scene. :16ton: :hail:

Same here. It's because the original post doesn't mention sci-fi + bicycles, just the bicycles.

Oh well, scratch my earlier post. :hail: