If You Could Only Take The Entire Catalog/Canon Of Three Bands To A Deserted Island With Unlimited Electricity Which Groups Would You Take Gilliagn?

RUSHHEAD666

Here we go again! A cliche idea twisted into something original I hope!

I just got done listening to some Van Halen and finished up with "Clutching At Straws."

If I had to go live on a deserted island with electricity for the rest of my life and I could only take the entire catalogs of three bands they would be:

RUSH

MARILLION

VAN HALEN (David Lee Roth Only)

If I was on a deserted island I would be so happy to never hear Sam Halen again!!!! VAN FAGGHAR! My new cover bland.

No typos.

:P

- Bach violin concertos

- Kiss

- Hatsune Miku

Whoa! What Lucas?

Your three picks have blown me away! You are really a Bach guy? I love classical music but I wouldn't take it to my island. KISS I get.

Wow! Who is Miku???

• Like 1

David Bowie

Hanoi Rocks

Alice Cooper

Jonny!

I have not heard back from Nymann! I'm very worried.

Your three bands are nothing like I would have though! WOW!

I love the Bowie pick.

Kind of funny I didn't choose Y&T. That would kill me. I probably should have done TOP 5 BANDS!

Y&T

ACCEPT

Easier than I thought when I gave it some thought...

Rush

Pink Floyd

Bob Marley & The Wailers

Wow my other brother!

Pink Floyd is a solid pick.

I never knew you were a Bob Marley Man.

I love him too.

I will try not to tear up tonight as I write this, but I would always take my beautiful wife and girls to Maui every summer.

I would always rent a JEEP on Maui and I always made sure to bring "Legend" on cd for the long rides on the island. We always did the Road To Hana.

Anyway, it's too late. I am crying. "No Woman No Cry?" For sure. I will be alone for the rest of my life.

God, I wish I was still married. Still wish. Life isn't fair.

My girls are grown now but back in the day we would always listen to "Legend" in the Jeep when we would be on vacation on Maui. My girls loved it.

So fun.

Great times.

I am blessed and cursed JB.

That's for you.

You get me.

Mahalo!

• Like 1

Queen (both the things the band did together and solo stuff)

Lita Ford (solo stuff + Runaways stuff)

Ozzy Osbourne (both solo stuff and Black Sabbath stuff)

Kings X

The Wildhearts

Manic Street Preachers (but would only actually listen to the first three albums plus journal for Plague Lovers)

Rush

RHCP

Dixie Dregs

Not only do you need good music on a desert island, you need some guys that would be cool and interesting to hang out with.

Edited by HemiBeers

Easier than I thought when I gave it some thought...

Rush

Pink Floyd

Bob Marley & The Wailers

Wow my other brother!

Pink Floyd is a solid pick.

I never knew you were a Bob Marley Man.

I love him too.

I will try not to tear up tonight as I write this, but I would always take my beautiful wife and girls to Maui every summer.

I would always rent a JEEP on Maui and I always made sure to bring "Legend" on cd for the long rides on the island. We always did the Road To Hana.

Anyway, it's too late. I am crying. "No Woman No Cry?" For sure. I will be alone for the rest of my life.

God, I wish I was still married. Still wish. Life isn't fair.

My girls are grown now but back in the day we would always listen to "Legend" in the Jeep when we would be on vacation on Maui. My girls loved it.

So fun.

Great times.

I am blessed and cursed JB.

That's for you.

You get me.

Mahalo!

:cheers: Earl :cheers:

It's a deserted island situation so no music is more appropriate than Bob Marley & The Wailers. No way I'd feel down with Bob's music to keep me company.

Rush comes with me simply because they're Rush. No other band has been with me through it all like them. I knew of Rush when I was 6. They've been my favorite band since I was 9. I went to a Signals gig when I was 10.

Pink Floyd are my #2 band. Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, and Animals are in the same ballpark as Hemispheres, PeW, and Moving Pictures. Not better than those 3 by Rush but at least can be mentioned in the same breath.

I have no other band that has a consecutive, perfect trifecta like Rush and Floyd.

P.S. Earl, I've been to Hawaii twice. The first time was solo following a troubling time back in '03. The second time was for my wedding 2.5 years ago.

Lacuna Coil

Nightwish

Paradise Lost

David Bowie

Hanoi Rocks

Alice Cooper

Jonny!

I have not heard back from Nymann! I'm very worried.

Your three bands are nothing like I would have though! WOW!

I love the Bowie pick.

Kind of funny I didn't choose Y&T. That would kill me. I probably should have done TOP 5 BANDS!

Y&T

ACCEPT

If it was top 5 I'd pick Y&T too.

Mail me when you find out what's up with Nymann mate.

The RUSHHEADS, The EARLS and the ZOE Allstars! And if I can have an extra one THE WENDYS!

No RAMERS? :smoke:

• Like 2