If You Could Only Take The Entire Catalog/Canon Of Three Bands To A Deserted Island With Unlimited Electricity Which Groups Would You Take Gilliagn?

RUSHHEAD666

- Bach violin concertos

- Kiss

- Hatsune Miku

Whoa! What Lucas?

Your three picks have blown me away! You are really a Bach guy? I love classical music but I wouldn't take it to my island. KISS I get.

Wow! Who is Miku???

Earl, yes, I love classical music .. It is actually a first love

Miku is a little more complicated ... "Miku" began as a vocal software program from Yamaha that musicians could use to record vocal tracks if there was no singer available .. To make a very long story short, some very creative artists began using this program for their songs ( Isao Tomita was one just before his death ) and Sega and Crypton jumped into the picture and created a character named Hatsune Miku ... This then snowballed into an amazing live show with "Miku" being portrayed in hologram form - but always with a kick ass live band, and a series of video games ..

To date, there are approx. 100,000 songs with Miku's vocals by over 10,000 different artists ... The songs range from trance to pop to metal to prog and even jazz and some very bizarre avant-garde .. A lot of it is crap, but there are some amazing and creative people putting this to use ..

Due to copyright issues, it can be difficult to access a lot of the songs here in the USA ... Here's an example of the live show .. considering where it all began, this is some intense and very creative stuff

And even if the entire thing isn't your cup of tea, this is fascinating reading from a political science scholar

http://www.urop.uci.edu/journal/journal13/01_le.pdf

Edited by Lucas

Rush

The whole Ozzy/Sabbath family tree

The whole Josh Homme Kyuss/QOTSA/Desertn Sessions thing

Cheating a bit maybe, but...

The Beatles

Rush

Eric Clapton (everything from the 1960's to today)

If I had more options, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, Bach's Brandenburg Concertos, and Tull.

• Like 1

Rush

Genesis

Queen

Floyd

Beatles

Yes

Heart

Frost

Fishillion

I know you said three, but I'd put a bunch of stuff on a small mp3 player, put it in a plastic bag, and swallow it.

Preferably an mp3 player with rounded edges.

Rush

Jethro Tull

UFO

Yes

and since I'm breaking the rules I'll include a single... 'Don't bug me' by the Mosquitos!!! ;)

Beatles

Floyd

Rush

Hard not to also take Sabbath (Ozzy era), Zep, Eagles, SRV, Creedence/Fogerty, Allman Bros, Doors, Purple..........

Edited by driventotheedge