Another Geddy Lee photo sold by CWF

Mr. JD

The CWF released another signed and numbered print of an image shot by Geddy. This time it is a bird called a Orange Breasted Sundbird. Great picture. Limited to 150 prints. It went on sale at 12:00 AM today. Sold out now. There is a contest to win print 1/150 on the CWF site.
  • Like 3

:LOL: :LOL: Don't think it was a polaroid! It's a really beautiful bird- "I've donated 150 signed prints of this shot of an Orange Breasted Sunbird taken whilst traveling through South Africa this past winter and in honour of Canada's 150th B-day !...in support of the Canadian Wildlife Federation..." I was surprised it was limited to only 150; I would think they could have sold a lot more! But I guess they were going with the Canada 150 birthday theme and all, it cost 150.00 Canadian as well.

http://i.imgur.com/Fnu6jBtl.png

• Like 6

:LOL: :LOL: Don't think it was a polaroid! It's a really beautiful bird- "I've donated 150 signed prints of this shot of an Orange Breasted Sunbird taken whilst traveling through South Africa this past winter and in honour of Canada's 150th B-day !...in support of the Canadian Wildlife Federation..." I was surprised it was limited to only 150; I would think they could have sold a lot more! But I guess they were going with the Canada 150 birthday theme and all, it cost 150.00 Canadian as well.

That would be it! I like the fact that they keep the number low. His first print of the penguins only had 100. I got number 1/100 of that print for my daughter when she graduated with her masters degree. My other daughter graduates with her BS degree in December. I got one of the new one to give to her.

• Like 5

That would be it! I like the fact that they keep the number low. His first print of the penguins only had 100. I got number 1/100 of that print for my daughter when she graduated with her masters degree. My other daughter graduates with her BS degree in December. I got one of the new one to give to her.

That is such a wonderful idea! They are lucky to have you as a dad. I'm glad you were able to get the new one before it sold out!

It's a beautiful picture.

• Like 1

I have been taking pictures of birds for years.They have got bare skin and bigger breasts.Perhaps i could sell them and make a dollar. :whipgirl:

That is such a wonderful idea! They are lucky to have you as a dad. I'm glad you were able to get the new one before it sold out!

Thank you for the kind words. Maybe I'll get the next one the CWF sells for myself!

• Like 2

i doubt geddy has ever used a polaroid while on a wildlife hunt. makes too much noise.

I'm not sure if he uses Canon or Nikon, but a 500mm f/4 lens is between 9 and 10K, and the body he is probably using is probably between 3 and 5K. $15,000 in gear is about as far from a Polaroid as you can get!

But...gear does not a photographer make!

Edited by Mr. JD
  • Like 1

i doubt geddy has ever used a polaroid while on a wildlife hunt. makes too much noise.

I'm not sure if he uses Canon or Nikon, but a 500mm f/4 lens is between 9 and 10K, and the body he is probably using is probably between 3 and 5K. $15,000 in gear is about as far from a Polaroid as you can get!

Indeed. It aggravates me when someone says, "that's a great picture, you must have a nice camera". It's been proven that you can take a great picture with a freakin' Kodak Instamatic or a Brownie.

It's also possible he could be refering to a telezoom with 500mm at the long end, like for example the Nikon 200-500 f/5.6. And he could have an APS-C body instead (like the D500) for more reach, which afaik many wildlife shooters use. That combination would "only" cost about 3000$.

I saw this and had the option to get one while it was still available on the site, but passed. I love Geddy as much as anybody, but I prize my signed BTLS DVD more than I'd enjoy this, and it was all of $20 or something like that (I think it was musicians friend or Sam ash or some other gear store). Beautiful shot, though.
  • Like 1

It's also possible he could be refering to a telezoom with 500mm at the long end, like for example the Nikon 200-500 f/5.6. And he could have an APS-C body instead (like the D500) for more reach, which afaik many wildlife shooters use. That combination would "only" cost about 3000$.

True...but if I could afford it (like Geddy can) I'd much rather have the 500mm prime. Also, I'll take that 30mp full frame sensor over any APS-C body any day. Plenty of room for cropping.

I saw this and had the option to get one while it was still available on the site, but passed. I love Geddy as much as anybody, but I prize my signed BTLS DVD more than I'd enjoy this, and it was all of $20 or something like that (I think it was musicians friend or Sam ash or some other gear store). Beautiful shot, though.

I thought about it too and passed. I like it better than the penguin and almost bought it, but I'm hoping the third time is the charm for me.

Did Geddy update his post Rush signature? Looks different than the usual signature. Almost bought it because of that.

True...but if I could afford it (like Geddy can) I'd much rather have the 500mm prime. Also, I'll take that 30mp full frame sensor over any APS-C body any day. Plenty of room for cropping.

True also, but then again if I could afford an 800mm lens, why would I go for much less? Especially considering you need as much as possible for small birds. Edit: The picture actually looks like it was cropped quite a bit.

Edited by Irenicus

I thought about it too and passed. I like it better than the penguin and almost bought it, but I'm hoping the third time is the charm for me.

Did Geddy update his post Rush signature? Looks different than the usual signature. Almost bought it because of that.

Signature looks the same as my signed hemispheres (except much neater)--signed during CA tour, so it morphed into this version sometime while they were still around. It looks like he stopped making the y loop down and back to the L and now just plops the loop in the middle at the end. Probably faster when your signing over and over for a long time.

• Like 1