Is Circumstances In Your Top 10 ??

Lucas

CIRCUMSTANCES  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Where Does CIRCUMSTANCES Stand ??

• It's a Top 10 Rush song in my book
    • It is not top tier, but very good .. It's a Top 25 song
    • It's decent, but I have some issues with it .. At best, Top 50
    • I could reel off dozens of better songs, and I like the cover of Power Windows .. Top 100
    • What the Tai Shan ?? .. I hate Circumstances and it's not even in my Top 100
    • Are you nuts ?? .. It's my FAVORITE Rush song

Its not even on my radar.

Decent song. Ok album.

I've gotten great enjoyment out of this song. Because of its length, it's the only one I routinely listen to off of Hemispheres; all of Hemispheres is good but it's just more of a commitment. Circumstances is lyrically one of their best, sonically catchy and rewarding, and while the production's definitely too hot it can be forgiven--I suspect they were just trying to go for a bolder, more ambitious sound on the album which I think was at least successful.

Also sing-yelling plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose is probably the most satisfying thing I've done to a Rush song (not that I can think of very many satisfying things I've done to the tune of Rush in the grander scheme of things) so there you have it.

Now that you have seen all you have done...it's time to take that step...into the kingdom...

And that includes doing many more satisfying things to the tune of Rush in the grander scheme of things.

I've gotten great enjoyment out of this song. Because of its length, it's the only one I routinely listen to off of Hemispheres; all of Hemispheres is good but it's just more of a commitment. Circumstances is lyrically one of their best, sonically catchy and rewarding, and while the production's definitely too hot it can be forgiven--I suspect they were just trying to go for a bolder, more ambitious sound on the album which I think was at least successful.

Also sing-yelling plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose is probably the most satisfying thing I've done to a Rush song (not that I can think of very many satisfying things I've done to the tune of Rush in the grander scheme of things) so there you have it.

Now that you have seen all you have done...it's time to take that step...into the kingdom...

And that includes doing many more satisfying things to the tune of Rush in the grander scheme of things.

You know, I have to listen to this one again, and really the whole thing cause it's probably a top 5 album. However, Circumstances was always my least favorite part of the Hemispheres album. It just didn't click with me like the others, but I am eager to listen to the whole album soon and will see if my opinions change.
  • Like 1

VERY dissapointed to hear the 2007 Tuned Down version������

Well, it is insanely high, like all of Hemispheres. It would have killed Geddy had they not tuned it down.

Awesome song. Geds bass line is one of my favorites. How he plays that and sings at the same time is unreal.

Edited by Pound of Obscure
  • Like 1

My most satisfying moment is the opening few words.. AAY boy alone- so FAR FROM home.. And that part where Ged sings and plays "I felt the gloom of empty r-do doodledo doodledo do do do.." ya you know the part. How the fukk does he do that! This may be a top 5 song for me and it's an amazing showcase for Ged's ability to sing complicated words while playing complicated bass at the same time.

• Like 3

I love the mid section of this song. Fore score and twenty years ago I posted how I saw it as a video. Too lazy to search for it, though.