The real Basil Fawlty...

treeduck

Incredible.

I had a similar encounter in the mid 80s with an elderly couple. I was riding a motorbike through a town called Darwin and moved towards the middle of the road because a car was parked at the kerb. Normal manoeuvre but suddenly a car is right up my arse horn blaring and next thing it is alongside me and forcing me onto the kerb. I manage to scramble to a safe stop and as I dismount an old lady exits the car and proceeds to attack me with her bag screaming at me. The old guy comes from his side and pushes me as I try to fend off the old lady. I whip my helmet off and swing it as a deterrent whilst asking what the f**k was going on. "You pulled out without signalling" was the gist and I reply "so what, did you think I was going to drive over the car?" "He's recently had a heart attack!" She screams to which I retort "I'm not surprised". So I ask the obvious question "even if I was in the wrong the penalty for that is?"

"Death!" she immediately replied.

By this time a small crowd of mainly local shopkeepers had formed, one of whom, a butcher said he'd seen it all and would phone the police for me if I wished. To my eternal shame I said no. There was an England World Cup match on the TV later and I wanted to get home for it.

• Like 2

god, looking at the still pics is enough for me.

why do people get so angry about stuff/junk/stupid shit?

"let it go" as the stupid song says.

-sigh-

c. brown

cb-sighpng.png?auto=format%2Ccompress&w=700

It's hard to believe he's serious because it's that close to being a scene right out of Fawlty Towers.

• Like 3