Best I Can or The Twilight Zone?

Texas King

70's song knockout: Best I Can or The Twilight Zone?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Best I Can or The Twilight Zone?

• Best I Can (Fly by Night)
    • The Twilight Zone (2112)

I used to listen to these two songs on the Rush Through Time album. On there they're back to back, tracks 4 and 5 on side 2, so it should be an easy comparison for me. I'm sure yet though.
  • Like 2

Best I Can is not in the same league as The Twilight Zone. Best I Can sounds like a track that wasn't good enough to make it on to the debut, not that I don't enjoy it, but it's not one of their better moments. The Twilight Zone is genius, perfectly creepy, totally awesome.

The Twilight Zone.

• Like 1

Toss up, for me, depending on my mood. Best I Can is a straight ahead rocker, whereas Twilight Zone has a lot more going on. I love Alex's tone on Twilight Zone, but I love the line "I'm an impatient cat...". :pussy:

It's a bit hard to compare the boogie-rock tune with a later song in which they were sort of stretching a bit, trying new things. Love the explosive drum intro to Best I Can (not to mention the energy throughout), and the riff and solo are pretty bitchin'. Lee's voice is raw and infectious. Twilight Zone is more about atmosphere, and pairing the more upbeat style of the situation with the darker resolve/explanation. The solo is very moody (with some sweeeet notes), and I love the acoustic pattern. Both are great tunes.
  • Like 1