La Villa

JARG

So the first section in La Villa is called "Buenas noches, mein froinds!". I'd never really given that much thought -- I just figured it was some inside joke of the band's. But when I was walking the dog yesterday waiting for him to pinch a loaf, I was thinking about that odd mix of Spanish and German and I had an epiphany: The Spanish guitar intro was easy enough, but what, musically, could account for the German? Certainly the music isn't "German-sounding" at all, and that's when it hit me, Neil's contribution to that section begins with him playing a glockenspiel.
  • Like 7

So the first section in La Villa is called "Buenas noches, mein froinds!". I'd never really given that much thought -- I just figured it was some inside joke of the band's. But when I was walking the dog yesterday waiting for him to pinch a loaf, I was thinking about that odd mix of Spanish and German and I had an epiphany: The Spanish guitar intro was easy enough, but what, musically, could account for the German? Certainly the music isn't "German-sounding" at all, and that's when it hit me, Neil's contribution to that section begins with him playing a glockenspiel.

it's a bit of a reach, but I'll play along with it because, why the hell not? No one else has bothered to come up with a theory. In your honor I will enjoy a half-liter of Dinkelacker with my enchiladas. : :hail:

• Like 3

Did Neil actually write lyrics to this wee tune,then gave up when there was too many time changes and no hummable choruses.Did he actually come up with Patty-cakex2 etc,certainly one of his finer moments.Anyway i will go with the glockenspiel,perfectly logical and self indulgent.

You need to take the dog out again and let us know what The Ghost Of The Aragon is about.

Maybe it originally had the German oompah section, but they decided to shelve it, for 30 odd years?...

I've understood this JARG. I've studied this song on the drums hundreds of times. I can hear what you are saying.

I endorse this idea at once.

I love it! AGREED!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 1