Chester Bennington (linkin park) commits suicide

Rushman14

What the hell? RIP

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

Edited by Rushman14

You never recover from abuse.

I didn't need to read this today. His lyrics I've used to help recover many times over the years.

I need a break from the internet.

• Like 2

What the hell? RIP

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us the singer hanged himself at a private residence in Palos Verdes Estates in L.A. County. His body was discovered Thursday just before 9 AM.

Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

The singer struggled with drugs and alcohol for years. He had said in the past he had considered committing suicide because he had been abused as a child by an older male.

With that last bit of info, I worry about details that may follow...

:(

Very sad.

Even though I found them to be Creed to Deftones' Pearl Jam regarding that post punk nu metal fusion, I liked a few songs like Crawling, Numb and Somewhere I Belong. Sad that it's on the day of Cornells birthday since they were friends and he sang Hallelujah at his funeral. To paraphrase The Cure, "Over and over (they) die one after the other." It's an unfortunate cycle.

RIP

Even though it's not Chester, I liked Shinodas scores for the two Raid movies.

I'm still having a hard time believing this. Mike Shinoda (Linkin Park band member) tweeted and said it was true. Linkin Park were on my concert bucket list.

I was planning on seeing them next month just because I haven't had a chance yet. Sad to see this especially with 6 kids left behind. Money and success don't get you happiness, that's for sure. Here's a link to one of my favorite LP songs that you probably haven't heard before.

• Like 1

He was friends with Chris Cornell and sang at his funeral.

Today is what would have been Chris' 53rd birthday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfgvqXbNs94

Rest in Peace Chester and Chris :rose:

Oh, man...

"in the end it doesn't really matter"

unless you have 6 kids :(

• Like 5

Very sad. I wasn't a fan of them, but I did enjoy a few tunes, and they had quite a following.

RIP

DOOD

I think it's time to fix your signature

• Like 1

Oh, man...

I've lost patience and empathy with people like Chris and Chester who choose to take their lives despite having all the means and family support to get through their struggles. How many kids do you need to have to convince you not to kill yourself? There's nothing romantic or poetic about the 'rockstar suicide'...it's just selfish self-delusional bullshit. Your kids don't care about your rockstar status...they'd be fine if you just quit and became couch potato dad. Instead, at some point during their grieving /recovery process, they are probably going to think of you as a selfish dick.

Chester, this was totally a copycat suicide of Chris's and you had two months to get help. That's f***ing lame to leave your 6 kids behind like this.

It's one thing to do the final deed if your physical health is seriously declining or you don't have the support or means to help you. But I'm not finding sympathy when there's so many thousands of people that are worse off, but still fight the fight every day.

Not the most politically correct post but so be it.

• Like 6

Oh, man...

I've lost patience and empathy with people like Chris and Chester who choose to take their lives despite having all the means and family support to get through their struggles. How many kids do you need to have to convince you not to kill yourself? There's nothing romantic or poetic about the 'rockstar suicide'...it's just selfish self-delusional bullshit. Your kids don't care about your rockstar status...they'd be fine if you just quit and became couch potato dad. Instead, at some point during their grieving /recovery process, they are probably going to think of you as a selfish dick.

Chester, this was totally a copycat suicide of Chris's and you had two months to get help. That's f***ing lame to leave your 6 kids behind like this.

It's one thing to do the final deed if your physical health is seriously declining or you don't have the support or means to help you. But I'm not finding sympathy when there's so many thousands of people that are worse off, but still fight the fight every day.

I agree with you completely.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Don't judge another person's demons.

Count yourself lucky you aren't rock bottom.

Suicide is evil but that doesn't mean you should judge the victim.

• Like 8

Oh, man...

I completely understand where you're coming from here. But this death and Cornell's just goes to show you that no amount of money, fame or family can help someone who has deep mental and emotional issues that they just can't overcome. Who's to say Chester didn't do everything he could to get himself well but nothing ever helped. I didn't know about the abuse he experienced as a kid. But unless someone has experienced that themselves, we have no idea what kind of inner torture he was carrying all these years. Obviously, what that was must have become too much for him. If six kids and millions of adoring fans couldn't turn him away from taking his own life then nothing was gonna save him.

• Like 3

I was planning on seeing them next month just because I haven't had a chance yet. Sad to see this especially with 6 kids left behind. Money and success don't get you happiness, that's for sure. Here's a link to one of my favorite LP songs that you probably haven't heard before.

http://youtu.be/Ck7Vfwo65NI

That has actually been my favorite Linkin Park song since 2011. I'm glad you posted it. :]

• Like 1