Geddy Joins Bob & Doug McKenzie to Perform Take Off

Sticklight

I remember when that song got a decent amount of airplay. A buddy of mine hated Rush because of Geddy's voice (or so he claimed), but loved that song.
  • Like 1

Notice this at the bottom of the page?

"Fun fact: Take Off! peaked at #16 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts back in 1982. In contrast, the highest charting Rush single, New World Man, only reached the #22 spot."

:P

hoser rock!

Notice this at the bottom of the page?

"Fun fact: Take Off! peaked at #16 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts back in 1982. In contrast, the highest charting Rush single, New World Man, only reached the #22 spot."

:P

hoser rock!

^^^ Give that man a jelly donut!
  • Like 1

I think I still have 'Take Off' on a 45 somewhere. Not sure what's on the other side

I think I still have 'Take Off' on a 45 somewhere. Not sure what's on the other side

Original 45 has Elron McKenzie as the B-side. The Record Store Day reissue (which I don't have) has 12 Days of Christmas I think.

Never thought this would ever happen. Awesome!

One of my delusions is to have Geddy and Dan Akroyd share a stage together and I guess, technically, that has happened now. I'd love for them to record (and release) something together. Or maybe some live Blues along with Chokin' Al Lifeson.

Been a great year so far! Geddy and Alex play Rockin In The Free World and Geddy and Dan Akroyd appear on the same stage together.

Yes!

Original 45 has Elron McKenzie as the B-side. The Record Store Day reissue (which I don't have) has 12 Days of Christmas I think.

I think mine is the 12 days of Christmas. Haven't seen it in years. Am flying home tonight and will look for it when I get home.

The 'Take Off, Eh!' all-star charity event raised $325,000 to benefit ‘Jake Thomas’s Road to Recovery’ and Spinal Cord Injury Ontario according to the press release here.

Here's some press photos and video below:

Canuck Stars and Comedy Legends Turn Out for 'Take Off, Eh!" All-Star Benefit - Everything Zoomer

'How's it going, eh?' Bob and Doug McKenzie help raise $325K in special show - CBC News

Take off, eh? SCTV cast reunites for one night only - CTV News

Canadian comedy greats gather for fundraiser - CP24

- CityNews Toronto

Facebook fan videos

Ian performing 'Painted Ladies' with Murray McLauchlan and Paul Shaffer

Surprise musical guest Geddy Lee appears on 'Take Off'

Comments from Ian Thomas and Dave Thomas

Read Ian's comments on the event here.

Bob and Doug McKenzie take on a worthy cause, eh - interview with Dave from The Globe and Mail

How Dave Thomas created the classic Canadian stereotype - interview with Dave from BBC News

So you’ve heard all about this Canadian myth, eh? - interview with Dave from The Toronto Star

Edited by RushFanForever

Good old Jeddie Lee... :hail:

Jedi Lee?

Aye!

Earl I know you don't like Mike Portnoy but could you outplay him in a drum fill/odd time signature showdown??

Haha! What a random question! Dude! I'm not that fuckingg good but yes! I would love to challenge him! Would our drum kits be the exact same so the competition would be even?

I don't need three bass drums and two drum thrones.

I honestly am nothing like Mike, but a drum off would GREAT!!

I WOULD DO IT!

• Like 1

Mike is very text book smart. He can read drumming sheet music I am sure.

I can't read dude.

I play from my ears, heart, mind and soul.

With the proper drum kit created I could compete with him. He would win, but at least I wouldn't spit like a camel onto the crowd and stage.

I would really like a drum off with Neil.

Now that would be FUN!!!

Organic kit only. No electronic shite mate.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Jedi Lee?

Aye!

Earl I know you don't like Mike Portnoy but could you outplay him in a drum fill/odd time signature showdown??

Haha! What a random question! Dude! I'm not that fuckingg good but yes! I would love to challenge him! Would our drum kits be the exact same so the competition would be even?

I WOULD DO IT!

Yeah kits would be the same just a basic set. could you beat him though Earl??

• Like 1

On a slightly different note, I'm going to receive Strange Brew on dvd soon.

I saw this in the theater when it first came out! I was entertained.

Hopefully you'll have a few laughs. :)

bobdoug3.jpg

:D

Ps - I also have a toque.

Jedi Lee?

Aye!

I WOULD DO IT!

Yeah kits would be the same just a basic set. could you beat him though Earl??

Perhaps your timing is perfect Pat. I found a Mike Portnoy drumming video today for 20 USD. Used. It's called "In Constant Motion." I am sure many Wet Dream Theater Fans will goo over this video. I actually like it although Mike is such a Narcissist Pig Ego Maniac. Alas he is damn good. I love his white octobans. But yes, I am sure Mike would beat me, but that's me being insecure. Pat, I only play for an hour or two a day. It's not my career. But I am up for the challenge.

Mirrored drum kits. No time restraints.

Mike and Earl.

Drum Duel.

A famous Legend Arrogant Prick VS ME! An Egotistical Maniac No One.

LOVE IT!

Let's do it! Perhaps we can get it filmed. Reality TV Time.

I played to the entire "Signals" album a few days ago. A few of my fingers bled. So what! It felt so good.

• Like 1

Jesus Pat!

I am off to dream land! Not Dream Theater Land!

I am watching this PortANNOY Video still. I love the kit but he doesn't need the other bass drum and kit attached to his right side.

I hate that Mike tries to yell and scream vocals during some of these tracks. He is like Yoko Ono with a small blue bearded pubic haired penis.

Give me a break.

He is very creative on the splashes and his footwork is amazing but I would love to challenge this HGH Egoist.

He is very mechanical like Neil. Not much fluidity, yet very fast.

Mike Portnoy is like Lars Ulrich on steroids.

I can compete.

I am an amateur.

Love you Pat!

• Like 1

I would listen to Mike Portnoy's drumming backwards over anything Egg Yoko Oh NO!!!! Has ever done in her shit life.

She is a horrible human being.

She ruined John Lennon and Julian.

Even the fake Paul McCartney, I mean "Faul" wrote "Hey Jude" for Julian.

Great guy.

Yoko Ono is the Hillary Clinton of bad music.

A screamer and a witch. Zero talent.

I am so glad that I am a plant. Not Robert Plant.

I believe in photosynthesis.

"Alone Again"

Signed,

DOKKEN

• Like 1