King Crimson tour 2017

custom55

Now I have Epitaph going through my head. Love those lyrics still to this day.

Confusion will be my epitaph

As I crawl a cracked and broken path

If we make it we can all sit back and laugh

But I fear tomorrow I'll be crying

• Like 1

I just got my tix. The venue is 10 mins from my house so why not, + it's Halloween. Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

I saw them play in Rochester 2 weeks ago. Fantastic show. I paid full price for half the show (Kodak theatre had a strict curfew) but it was still well worth it. They sounded as sinister as ever. Having never seen Porcupine Tree when they were touring, it was a real treat to see Gavin Harrison. At many times throughout the night he stole the show.
  • Like 4

I just got my tix. The venue is 10 mins from my house so why not, + it's Halloween.

Bring this thread back up after you go. I'll be interested in hearing how they were.

I've seen this line-up with Jakko as vocalist 5 times now. He does a very commendable job with the 70s era tunes.... We were treated to Epitaph in Oakland on June 17... followed by Cirkus and Lizard... pure HEAVEN, if you ask me! Encores have included In the Court of the Crimson King and 21st Century Schizoid Man and the main set featured Starless, Fallen Angel and Easy Money. I purchased a "Royal Package" ticket for the Massey Hall show and Jakko spent some time talking to us along with co-owner of DGMLive.com, David Singleton. David stated that John Wetton's wife complimented Jakko at Wetton's memorial service stating that John felt only he (Jakko) had performed his vocals properly... "Superbly" was the wife's quote according to Mr. Singleton.

All that said, Mr. Jakszyk does do a wonderful job on all the early Crimson stuff but he can't come close to the 80s vocals of Mr. Belew. They try to do a version of Indiscipline but the vocals, sung quite melodically with Mr. Levin on backing harmonies, don't work for me. They are not bad, just different. I warmed up to Indiscipline the second time I saw it in Toronto but it's just not the same without Adrian doing it like only he can.

So, DO see this show! The musicians are absolutely THE best and the entire experience ranks right up there with best I've ever had at a rock show. They are coming back around and will play in Ann Arbor and Milwaukee. I'm most definitely going to the AA show and am trying to figure out how to make the MKE gig fit into my Thanksgiving vacation schedule.

Lorraine, go to YooToob and look for the concert vids of the current 8 man line-up. I think you'll find that they do a really moving job of performing the great 60s and 70s era tunes...

Watch this vid QUICK! Official Crimson will most likely have it removed before too long...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuJk4O3fP5U

Rock ON!

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/King%20Crimson%2017June2017/0617172303_zpsuabw5hma.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/King%20Crimson%2017June2017/0617172210a_zpstf2hl7vc.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z33/bfwgjma/King%20Crimson%2017June2017/0617172319a_HDR_zpsvknrui1x.jpg

Edited by Huge Ackman
  • Like 1

King Crimson got some attention Monday on NPR...

http://www.npr.org/2017/07/18/534577902/can-t-prog-rock-get-any-respect-around-here

Can't Prog Rock Get Any Respect Around Here?

[The] critical contempt of prog rock as a bloated, pompous genre [ :LOL: ] was one thing that prompted David Weigel to write his new book The Show That Never Ends: The Rise And Fall Of Prog Rock. By day, Weigel reports on politics for The Washington Post. But he used to write for Slate, which encouraged staffers once a year to write about something off their usual beat for a feature called "The Fresca." That's where Weigel pitched stories about prog rock — the complex, polyrhythmic province of bands like King Crimson, Yes, Asia and Genesis.

• Like 2

I'll pick up some live stuff from this tour since seeing them is pretty much out of the question at this point. Should be a great show though.

Never saw them with this lineup though I've seen the double-trio and the line-up that came after about 10 times.

I just got my tix. The venue is 10 mins from my house so why not, + it's Halloween.

If we're talking about the Newark show, then I'll be there also! :haz:

Then we must meet at the bar before the show. NJPAC is a great venue for music.

Edited by custom55

Bring this thread back up after you go. I'll be interested in hearing how they were.

Watch this vid QUICK! Official Crimson will most likely have it removed before too long...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuJk4O3fP5U

Rock ON!

Aaaaaaaaaand! It's GONE!!!

If we're talking about the Newark show, then I'll be there also! :haz:

Then we must meet at the bar before the show. NJPAC is a great venue for music.

Have fun! Should be a great show.

Lizard in my mind, is one of the greatest albums of our time.

I wept when they performed Cirkus and Lizard in Oakland...Epitaph before tunes from Lizard... AMAZING!!!

• Like 1

Lizard in my mind, is one of the greatest albums of our time.

I wept when they performed Cirkus and Lizard in Oakland...Epitaph before tunes from Lizard... AMAZING!!!

I saw a copy of the setlist somewhere and was amazed at what they were attempting.

The ending of Starless would've killed me.

I can imagine Cirkus being incredibly HEAVY in a live setting.

Cool! Glad it was a great time!

(Is Fripp still doing the soundscape/Frippertronics stuff beforehand?)

I just bought my 4th row center single for the Milwaukee show. The seat next to mine is still available directly from the venue ticket web site, NOT on TicketMastur. Go here, do that!

http://event.etix.co...0589.1502226579

There are SoundScapes playing over house audio before the show but Fripp does not perform live except as part of some of the more free-form moments in the King Crimson show...

Rock ON!!!

Edited by Huge Ackman
  • Like 1

Here's a probable stupid/basic question: do they accept credit card at the merchtable? Most shows I go to these days are smaller/underground shows and they're cash only but in the case of something like Crimson being in bigger venues, I'd rather pay by credit card if given the option.

Here's a probable stupid/basic question: do they accept credit card at the merchtable? Most shows I go to these days are smaller/underground shows and they're cash only but in the case of something like Crimson being in bigger venues, I'd rather pay by credit card if given the option.

They had those phone credit card readers at the Rochester show. They were impossibly slow though.