A Dream Come True! "Never Surrender!" Rik Emmett Is Coming To Yoshi's In Oakland October 4th!!!

RUSHHEAD666

Howdy kids!

Just got two tickets to see Rik Emmett! The meet and greet sold out in minutes so I missed it but i don't care!!! I have been waiting 31 years to see Rik!!! SO PUMPED!!!!!

I know it's not Triumph but I will take it!!!!

Brother B.Blaze has seen Rik in this capacity a few times and says he's quite good. He also saw Triumph way back in the early 80s (which was great of course) so that's a pretty good gauge I think. That is, he was great in Triumph back in the day but he's still quite good today stripped down and in a more intimate setting.

Blaze! You set my hungry heart on FIRE!

I read you loud and clear. As you are a lucky bastard for seeing Triumph back in the day I still can't wait to see him in a jazz club! Dude I'm a drummer for Gosh Sake's yet even I the drumming dork actually owns a Rik Emmett guitar. The one with the picture and the autograph inside a big and have Dean Guitars black case!!

MAGIC POWER!

Nah, I've never seen Triumph or solo Rik unfortunately. As I said, that was my brother.

That bro's a very talented drummer and a pretty good guitarist to boot!

Oh shoot JB! Sorry! I thought "brother" was in reference to you since we are brothers from another hard rock mother! Your real brother is a real lucky mutha. LOL!

lol

Apparently, Emmett has a big following in Texas where my bro lives and has seen him every time solo.

I just looked it up: Rik had his 64th birthday a week and a half ago. Alex and Geddy need to get in gear! Touring isn't out of the question!

Wow! Rik is only 64! So young!! Geddy and Alex are so young! But dude! I don't want them to hire a new drummer!

"Let It Be" as the Beatles would say.

Dude! My dad is 80! I took him to see Iron Maiden and Ghost! He loved it minus all of that Satanic stuff!

I just saw Tony Bennett last night with my parents! Tony is 90! He still sings like he was 30!!!

Age is just relative to the human body. Fuckk it man!

My energy is natural and I hope to look as good as my dad when I'm 80!

It's all about activity, diet and getting 8 hours of sleep every night.

This world is so wired most humans don't get to sleep in these days.

Even the Fake "Faul" McCartney can still tour! Willian Campbell Shears has amazing genetics too! LOL!

Howdy kids!

Just got two tickets to see Rik Emmett! The meet and greet sold out in minutes so I missed it but i don't care!!! I have been waiting 31 years to see Rik!!! SO PUMPED!!!!!

Brother B.Blaze has seen Rik in this capacity a few times and says he's quite good. He also saw Triumph way back in the early 80s (which was great of course) so that's a pretty good gauge I think. That is, he was great in Triumph back in the day but he's still quite good today stripped down and in a more intimate setting.

I read you loud and clear. As you are a lucky bastard for seeing Triumph back in the day I still can't wait to see him in a jazz club! Dude I'm a drummer for Gosh Sake's yet even I the drumming dork actually owns a Rik Emmett guitar. The one with the picture and the autograph inside a big and have Dean Guitars black case!!

MAGIC POWER!

Nah, I've never seen Triumph or solo Rik unfortunately. As I said, that was my brother.

Oh shoot JB! Sorry! I thought "brother" was in reference to you since we are brothers from another hard rock mother! Your real brother is a real lucky mutha. LOL!

lol

Apparently, Emmett has a big following in Texas where my bro lives and has seen him every time solo.

I just looked it up: Rik had his 64th birthday a week and a half ago. Alex and Geddy need to get in gear! Touring isn't out of the question!

Wow! Rik is only 64! So young!! Geddy and Alex are so young! But dude! I don't want them to hire a new drummer!

Dude! My dad is 80! I took him to see Iron Maiden and Ghost! He loved it minus all of that Satanic stuff!

I just saw Tony Bennett last night with my parents! Tony is 90! He still sings like he was 30!!!

Even the Fake "Faul" McCartney can still tour! Willian Campbell Shears has amazing genetics too! LOL!

Rik doesn't have a drummer. For the YouTube stuff I've seen of solo Rik it's just him and his guitarist partner pal. They don't even have a bassist.

Geddy & Alex can do anything they want. No drummer. Hire a drummer. Whatever.

No wonder Rik is at Yoshi's Blaze. It's my favorite most intimate club near me! I don't care Blaze. I have to see him.

The Scorpions and Megadeth are in Oakland on the same night. Tired of that shite.

Go watch the solo Rik stuff on YouTube now just to check it. It's damn good. I posted several vids of him on TRF before

I am so happy I made this thread! I want to check it out Johnny, but I'm that strange guy who doesn't want to know a thing about what is to come.

I won't even look at a current set list.

I love the surprise.

For my entire RUSH live concert career, I never ever ever ever ever looked at a set list.

If one of my close Rush buddies tried to tell me the songs on the upcoming tour I would hold my ears and tell him to SHUT THE FUKK UP!

I'm that guy Johnny.

I like the element of surprise when I see I show.

What is the point in paying "Big Money" to see a show when you already know the set? LAME! JMO!

I will watch the Rik stuff on YouTube after the gig on October 4th!

It's just how I roll my brother.

Howdy kids!

MAGIC POWER!

lol

Howdy kids!

MAGIC POWER!

lol

Rik doesn't have a drummer. For the YouTube stuff I've seen of solo Rik it's just him and his guitarist partner pal. They don't even have a bassist.

Geddy & Alex can do anything they want. No drummer. Hire a drummer. Whatever.

No wonder Rik is at Yoshi's Blaze. It's my favorite most intimate club near me! I don't care Blaze. I have to see him.

The Scorpions and Megadeth are in Oakland on the same night. Tired of that shite.

Go watch the solo Rik stuff on YouTube now just to check it. It's damn good. I posted several vids of him on TRF before

I am so happy I made this thread! I want to check it out Johnny, but I'm that strange guy who doesn't want to know a thing about what is to come.

I won't even look at a current set list.

I love the surprise.

For my entire RUSH live concert career, I never ever ever ever ever looked at a set list.

If one of my close Rush buddies tried to tell me the songs on the upcoming tour I would hold my ears and tell him to SHUT THE FUKK UP!

I'm that guy Johnny.

I like the element of surprise when I see I show.

What is the point in paying "Big Money" to see a show when you already know the set? LAME! JMO!

I will watch the Rik stuff on YouTube after the gig on October 4th!

It's just how I roll my brother.

Ok.

Sometimes I think you're too serious for your own good.

I wasn't saying to check it out as a prelude to the gig. I was saying to check it out because it's cool.

That's great! I remember seeing Triumph during the late 70s. Great band and he's an awesome guitarist.

Ok Moon! So now I really hate you!!!!!! I'm KIDDING!

I can't believe you saw TRIUMPH in the Seventies!!! UGH!!!!!

To think I would never be jealous by another woman ever again! LOL!

I AM!

Damn!

What tour was it?????? LUCKY MOON!

It was the Just a Game tour. Great show. It was 1978. The summer after I graduated high school.

• Like 2

That's great! I remember seeing Triumph during the late 70s. Great band and he's an awesome guitarist.

I AM!

Damn!

It was the Just a Game tour. Great show. It was 1978. The summer after I graduated high school.

OMG! I LOVE THAT RECORD!!! You are soooooo lucky!!!!!! "Hemispheres" came out when you graduated high school! Did you see that tour???

• Like 1

I AM!

Damn!

OMG! I LOVE THAT RECORD!!! You are soooooo lucky!!!!!! "Hemispheres" came out when you graduated high school! Did you see that tour???

Yeah December 1978. It was my first Rush concert.

• Like 2

I AM!

Damn!

Yeah December 1978. It was my first Rush concert.

Ok that's it. I'm putting you on IGNORE! :P

Damnit! I am so jealous! You are sooooooooooo lucky!!! :haz: :rush: :haz:

• Like 1

A few of my closest friends LOVE to tell me all the time about seeing the "Hemispheres" Tour. The band's apex. You saw it.

I need to get back into my garage and try and finish up my rock and roll time machine.

I would have been like a teen-aged girl at a Beatles concert if I could have seen RUSH on the "Hemispheres" tour!!

Signed,

"Ticket To Ride"

• Like 1

I AM!

Damn!

I was 6. Using some pieces from the board game RISK as tokens, I used to play on that Just A Game board game that was inside the album cover.

I was introduced to a lot of great music in the 70s due to my older brothers' records.

:blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze: :blaze:

• Like 1

I AM!

Damn!

I was 6. Using some pieces from the board game RISK as tokens, I used to play on that Just A Game board game that was inside the album cover.

I was introduced to a lot of great music in the 70s due to my older brothers' records.

No way! There was a board game inside??????

You are so lucky to have an older brother to help forge your way to the greatness of all thinks music.

I was the oldest sibling in my family. I discovered it all on my own!

I AM!

Damn!

You are so lucky to have an older brother to help forge your way to the greatness of all thinks music.

It was ON the inside jacket of the album itself.

http://gigaplus.makeshop.jp/kensattic/shopimages/3_008003000008.jpg

My memory of the game is slightly different but yeah, this.

• Like 1

I AM!

Damn!

It was ON the inside jacket of the album itself.

http://gigaplus.makeshop.jp/kensattic/shopimages/3_008003000008.jpg

My memory of the game is slightly different but yeah, this.

I knew you would post a picture of this for me!! THANK YOU! I've never seen that before in my life. INCREDIBLE! Eagle Moon saw this TOUR! OMG!

• Like 1

Johnny I wonder if I can find a Japanese pressing of this album with obi? I am sure the Japanese pressing will have the game board too!

I wonder if the pic I posted is different from the original because I swear the board looked different and was on the left not right. I could easily be wrong since I'm dealing with a memory that's nearly 40 years old. Still, it seems different.

Maybe EagleMoon can tell us. Or anyone with the album from when it was originally released.

• Like 1

Johnny I wonder if I can find a Japanese pressing of this album with obi? I am sure the Japanese pressing will have the game board too!

I wonder if the pic I posted is different from the original because I swear the board looked different and was on the left not right. I could easily be wrong since I'm dealing with a memory that's nearly 40 years old. Still, it seems different.

Maybe EagleMoon can tell us. Or anyone with the album from when it was originally released.

The Japanese pressing is dead on. With huge obi. Love it.

I remember the inside of the album looking like that.

• Like 1

I remember the inside of the album looking like that.

Ok, good. Then it's just my memory changing things incorrectly.

• Like 1