A Dream Come True! "Never Surrender!" Rik Emmett Is Coming To Yoshi's In Oakland October 4th!!!

RUSHHEAD666

Howdy kids!

Just got two tickets to see Rik Emmett! The meet and greet sold out in minutes so I missed it but i don't care!!! I have been waiting 31 years to see Rik!!! SO PUMPED!!!!!

I know it's not Triumph but I will take it!!!!

I have worshiped this man since I was a child. I saw him playing with his other band a few years ago at an outdoor festival. He was and still is a great guitarist. It's too bad the music press always compared him to Eddie Van Halen. He was much more skilled than Eddie. I love his solo work too. He writes for Guitar Player magazine and he also teaches at Humber College.

895eaea6560a7acc5c7873adff04bf19--triumph-band-guitarist.jpg

• Like 1

Howdy kids!

Just got two tickets to see Rik Emmett! The meet and greet sold out in minutes so I missed it but i don't care!!! I have been waiting 31 years to see Rik!!! SO PUMPED!!!!!

Earl I expect you to bust into the room where they hold that meet & greet like the Punisher and say: "I leave this declaration of intent so no one will be confused...One...If you want peace prepare for war...Two Earl Ramer is dead, he died with the family. Three: in certain extreme rock situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural rock n roll justice! This is not a crime I earned the right to be at this meet and greet through many years of service to TRIUMPH! And it's not vengeance for stealing my ticket! Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment. I am the COCK ROCK PUNISHER!!!!!"

• Like 3

Howdy kids!

Earl I expect you to bust into the room where they hold that meet & greet like the Punisher and say: "I leave this declaration of intent so no one will be confused...One...If you want peace prepare for war...Two Earl Ramer is dead, he died with the family. Three: in certain extreme rock situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue... natural rock n roll justice! This is not a crime I earned the right to be at this meet and greet through many years of service to TRIUMPH! And it's not vengeance for stealing my ticket! Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment. I am the COCK ROCK PUNISHER!!!!!"

:smoke: ... dressed like Tarzan...

• Like 2

Howdy kids!

Brother B.Blaze has seen Rik in this capacity a few times and says he's quite good. He also saw Triumph way back in the early 80s (which was great of course) so that's a pretty good gauge I think. That is, he was great in Triumph back in the day but he's still quite good today stripped down and in a more intimate setting.

That's great! I remember seeing Triumph during the late 70s. Great band and he's an awesome guitarist.
  • Like 2

Triumph played my high school back in the 70's. They used their flash pots in the school gym and afterwards, the ceiling was singed! Lucky it wasn't a Great White incident. Saw them many times. Rik is an all-time great guitar player!
  • Like 1

A friend and I saw Rik Emmett about 15 years ago or so, and when he played Ordinary Man, the whole crowd did the vocal echo at the end of the "That's the only answer" line. Totally cool moment and Emmett's facial reaction to it was awesome; he was both impressed and touched that we all knew to do that.
  • Like 1

I have worshiped this man since I was a child. I saw him playing with his other band a few years ago at an outdoor festival. He was and still is a great guitarist. It's too bad the music press always compared him to Eddie Van Halen. He was much more skilled than Eddie. I love his solo work too. He writes for Guitar Player magazine and he also teaches at Humber College.

895eaea6560a7acc5c7873adff04bf19--triumph-band-guitarist.jpg

"These BOOTS were made for walking" and I'm going to ROCK WITH YOU! Hell yes! I love your post! Rik is NOTHING like Eddie Van Halen! INSANE! Rik has his own stye and tone! He is one of the greatest guitar players on the planet! I am sooooo fukking PUMPED!!!!

I mean I just saw the great Tony Bennett last night in San Francisco. 90 years young and the man just blew my mind away!!! Guys and girls, life is soon short. See whoever you can. It will be over before you know it and all of our rockers and rollers will be gone!!! Before Tony's last song he laid his microphone on the piano and sang his last song without it!!! It was off the hook!! I've never seen a singer in my life do that. Everyone is always addicted and hooked to their microphone. Tony frigging Bennett didn't need one. LEGEND!!!!!

To see Rik at a small jazz sushi club will be heart moving. Don't care if it's acoustic. Don't care if he doesn't play any Triumph.

A Canadian Legend!!!! FUIKKK!!!!! YES!!!!

Howdy kids!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! HOLY SHEEP SHIT PAT! YOU KILL ME! My eyes are watering with tears of laughter!! WTF??? I'm bummed I missed the meet and greet tickets but that's life mutha!

If I don't meet Rik I will be "SCREAMING FOR VENGEANCE!"

Love,

JUDAS RAMER PRIEST!

• Like 1

Howdy kids!

:smoke: ... dressed like Tarzan...

I prefer to "BACK AT THE MOOOOOON!"

Love,

OZZY FUKKING OSBOURNE

• Like 1

Howdy kids!

Brother B.Blaze has seen Rik in this capacity a few times and says he's quite good. He also saw Triumph way back in the early 80s (which was great of course) so that's a pretty good gauge I think. That is, he was great in Triumph back in the day but he's still quite good today stripped down and in a more intimate setting.

Blaze! You set my hungry heart on FIRE!

I read you loud and clear. As you are a lucky bastard for seeing Triumph back in the day I still can't wait to see him in a jazz club! Dude I'm a drummer for Gosh Sake's yet even I the drumming dork actually owns a Rik Emmett guitar. The one with the picture and the autograph inside a big and have Dean Guitars black case!!

MAGIC POWER!

• Like 1

That's great! I remember seeing Triumph during the late 70s. Great band and he's an awesome guitarist.

Ok Moon! So now I really hate you!!!!!! I'm KIDDING!

I can't believe you saw TRIUMPH in the Seventies!!! UGH!!!!!

To think I would never be jealous by another woman ever again! LOL!

I AM!

Damn!

What tour was it?????? LUCKY MOON!

• Like 2

Howdy kids!

I read you loud and clear. As you are a lucky bastard for seeing Triumph back in the day I still can't wait to see him in a jazz club! Dude I'm a drummer for Gosh Sake's yet even I the drumming dork actually owns a Rik Emmett guitar. The one with the picture and the autograph inside a big and have Dean Guitars black case!!

MAGIC POWER!

Nah, I've never seen Triumph or solo Rik unfortunately. As I said, that was my brother.

That bro's a very talented drummer and a pretty good guitarist to boot!

• Like 1

Triumph played my high school back in the 70's. They used their flash pots in the school gym and afterwards, the ceiling was singed! Lucky it wasn't a Great White incident. Saw them many times. Rik is an all-time great guitar player!

Ok, I really don't like you either! TEASING!

You are sooooooo lucky!!!!! Why did I write this thread? I'm JEALOUS!

My CPA was born in Toronto! He's a great guy and he saw RUSH play at his high school back in the day!!! That really pisses me off too! LOL! He loves to tell me the story every time I see him!!

• Like 1

Howdy kids!

MAGIC POWER!

Nah, I've never seen Triumph or solo Rik unfortunately. As I said, that was my brother.

Oh shoot JB! Sorry! I thought "brother" was in reference to you since we are brothers from another hard rock mother! Your real brother is a real lucky mutha. LOL!

• Like 1

A friend and I saw Rik Emmett about 15 years ago or so, and when he played Ordinary Man, the whole crowd did the vocal echo at the end of the "That's the only answer" line. Totally cool moment and Emmett's facial reaction to it was awesome; he was both impressed and touched that we all knew to do that.

Thanks for sharing that memory K!

I know I'm a goofball but I live for rock and roll stories like this one!!

Incredible.

I can't wait to see him!!!

Christmas in October?

I am sure the show will not be like "The Nightmare Before Christmas!" LOL!!!

My third favorite movie on the earth.

Howdy kids!

MAGIC POWER!

Oh shoot JB! Sorry! I thought "brother" was in reference to you since we are brothers from another hard rock mother! Your real brother is a real lucky mutha. LOL!

lol

Apparently, Emmett has a big following in Texas where my bro lives and has seen him every time solo.

I just looked it up: Rik had his 64th birthday a week and a half ago. Alex and Geddy need to get in gear! Touring isn't out of the question!

• Like 1

Howdy kids!

MAGIC POWER!

lol

Apparently, Emmett has a big following in Texas where my bro lives and has seen him every time solo.

I just looked it up: Rik had his 64th birthday a week and a half ago. Alex and Geddy need to get in gear! Touring isn't out of the question!

Wow! Rik is only 64! So young!! Geddy and Alex are so young! But dude! I don't want them to hire a new drummer!

"Let It Be" as the Beatles would say.

Dude! My dad is 80! I took him to see Iron Maiden and Ghost! He loved it minus all of that Satanic stuff!

I just saw Tony Bennett last night with my parents! Tony is 90! He still sings like he was 30!!!

Age is just relative to the human body. Fuckk it man!

My energy is natural and I hope to look as good as my dad when I'm 80!

It's all about activity, diet and getting 8 hours of sleep every night.

This world is so wired most humans don't get to sleep in these days.

Even the Fake "Faul" McCartney can still tour! Willian Campbell Shears has amazing genetics too! LOL!

Howdy kids!

MAGIC POWER!

lol

Wow! Rik is only 64! So young!! Geddy and Alex are so young! But dude! I don't want them to hire a new drummer!

Dude! My dad is 80! I took him to see Iron Maiden and Ghost! He loved it minus all of that Satanic stuff!

I just saw Tony Bennett last night with my parents! Tony is 90! He still sings like he was 30!!!

Even the Fake "Faul" McCartney can still tour! Willian Campbell Shears has amazing genetics too! LOL!

Howdy kids!

MAGIC POWER!

lol

Rik doesn't have a drummer. For the YouTube stuff I've seen of solo Rik it's just him and his guitarist partner pal. They don't even have a bassist.

Geddy & Alex can do anything they want. No drummer. Hire a drummer. Whatever.

Howdy kids!

MAGIC POWER!

lol

Howdy kids!

MAGIC POWER!

lol

Rik doesn't have a drummer. For the YouTube stuff I've seen of solo Rik it's just him and his guitarist partner pal. They don't even have a bassist.

No wonder Rik is at Yoshi's Blaze. It's my favorite most intimate club near me! I don't care Blaze. I have to see him.

The Scorpions and Megadeth are in Oakland on the same night. Tired of that shite.

• Like 1

Howdy kids!

MAGIC POWER!

lol

Howdy kids!

MAGIC POWER!

lol

No wonder Rik is at Yoshi's Blaze. It's my favorite most intimate club near me! I don't care Blaze. I have to see him.

The Scorpions and Megadeth are in Oakland on the same night. Tired of that shite.

Go watch the solo Rik stuff on YouTube now just to check it. It's damn good. I posted several vids of him on TRF before

• Like 1