467 replies to this topic

#441 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18556 posts
  • Interests:NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:33 PM

DEG released a preview video of the re-recorded songs...and honestly, I can see why they decided to re-record Fukai, The IIID Empire and Beautiful Dirt. While Fukai and THE IIID EMPIRE were already great songs (the latter being a VULGAR classic), Beautiful Dirt was a bottom tier track from Withering to death. but nevertheless all three were plagued with horrible production. The re-recorded version's got better production on what are essentially performances faithful to the original unlike the re-recorded versions of Tsumi To Batsu, Zan, and Kiri To Mayu. Beautiful Dirt actually breathes new life in its re-recorded version.

Sponsored Post

#442 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18556 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:52 AM

This rivals the now infamous “HEY GUYS! SITTING ON THE BEACH THIS SUMMER LISTENING TO THE UTAFUMI SONG!” ad.

Edited by PolarizeMe, 27 December 2017 - 12:54 AM.

#443 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18556 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 11:43 AM

Re-recorded Fukai, THE IIID Empire and Beautiful Dirt sounds great. And it looks like the lyrics for the new Fukai uses the VULGARISM version.

#444 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 101103 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:11 PM

A nice little double feature for Se(d)an

The original

The sequel

(both vids are very good, but I enjoyed the sequel a bit more, honestly)

How three Aussie millennial nerds who hit e-list celeb fame + attained an easy (although not sustainable) career in YouTube™ act when in France while drunk.

#445 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18556 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:35 AM

All speculation, but w/recent activities this latest fan-speculation seems believable. Newest theory on the future of DEG is that the next album will be the last/2nd to last. 3-6 years and the band's finished. My hunch says that DEG will end in 2022: their 25th anniversary.

And one more thought on the re-recorded The IIID Empire...on fourth viewing of the trailer, I've come to the conclusion that while the production's much better...the production and performance is too polished. Either that, or they're going through the motions on that re-recording in particular...hence why I believe that speculation of the band coming close to a thematic end as bummed I'd be for when the fateful day arrives.

Edited by PolarizeMe, 28 December 2017 - 01:03 AM.

#446 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 101103 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:43 PM

Favorite song of 2017

Raw as hell

#447 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 101103 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:44 PM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 27 December 2017 - 12:52 AM, said:

This rivals the now infamous “HEY GUYS! SITTING ON THE BEACH THIS SUMMER LISTENING TO THE UTAFUMI SONG!” ad.

so gay, yet the perfect vid to use in order to introduce DEG to normies.

#448 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 101103 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:46 PM

The Utafumi pitch is x999999 times better than that vid though, honestly. The "SITTING ON THE BEACH THIS SUMMER" video has an amount of artistic merit to it, while the 'Best Album' promo vid is much more generic & trendy.

#449 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 101103 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:50 PM

Yo, it would be cool if that one f****t would take a break from marching in the prissy pussy piss-all-over-me parade and attempt to lighten up by participating in this thread every once in a while. Y'know, the guy who's gone completely silent for the past several months even though people still want to hear what he has to say.

F***in' c***.

#450 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18556 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:50 PM

View PostMr. Not, on 28 December 2017 - 11:46 PM, said:

The Utafumi pitch is x999999 times better than that vid though, honestly. The "SITTING ON THE BEACH THIS SUMMER" video has an amount of artistic merit to it, while the 'Best Album' promo vid is much more generic & trendy.
They're both ridiculous. That's what I'm getting at.

#451 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 101103 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:55 PM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 28 December 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

View PostMr. Not, on 28 December 2017 - 11:46 PM, said:

They're both ridiculous. That's what I'm getting at.

I get that, but the Utafumi vid is ridiculous and corny in a good way while the best promo is ridiculous and corny in a "meh" way.

#452 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 101103 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:56 PM

I *heart<3333* Kyo's stage presence

Posted Image

#453 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18556 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

I’m just gonna say this in light of Dillinger Escape Plan’s final show ever tonight. Chris Pennie was a very talented drummer who ultimately f**ked up his career over TWICE. First for leaving DEP cause he had (and maybe still has considering he left Coheed which he joined because of what happened in DEP) a massive f***ing ego which caused conflict w/the rest of the band. And second for leaving Coheed and not following up w/moving onto another active band. He’s got a very low profile since leaving Coheed which sort of sucks cause I’m not even sure he’s even an active musician anymore.

Edited by PolarizeMe, 29 December 2017 - 04:46 PM.

#454 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 101103 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

3:15
Would you help me to remember?
will I fall into the sea?

#455 HomesickAlien

HomesickAlien

Ye Old Morel Sniffer

• Members *
  • 10513 posts
  • Interests:Daydreaming

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:28 AM

View PostMr. Not, on 28 December 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

Yo, it would be cool if that one f****t would take a break from marching in the prissy pussy piss-all-over-me parade and attempt to lighten up by participating in this thread every once in a while. Y'know, the guy who's gone completely silent for the past several months even though people still want to hear what he has to say.

F***in' c***.

That's a disrespectful way to talk about our dearly departed Lenny.  :rose:

#456 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18556 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:04 PM

View PostHomesickAlien, on 30 December 2017 - 05:28 AM, said:

View PostMr. Not, on 28 December 2017 - 11:50 PM, said:

F***in' c***.

That's a disrespectful way to talk about our dearly departed Lenny.  :rose:
It’s been almost three years. RIP Lenny 201?-2015

#457 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18556 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:06 PM

Fans say “Kukoku no kyouon” translates better live in person than it does on BluRay/live CD. Can’t say for myself cause they haven’t played it live in America at all yet. It’d be great if they did the next time I see DEG cause it’s my favorite of ARCHE.

Edited by PolarizeMe, 30 December 2017 - 05:07 PM.

#458 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 101103 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

:bump:

#459 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 101103 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

"I don't usually have a big idea like how we should work on songs. I write the songs and the melody first, and then I just start finding out what works. Sometimes I have a clear vision of what I want to write, but then, it's also very easy to write yourself into a corner with that. You write a verse or a chorus and then you have no idea how to get away from there. So I find it easier to just start writing and see what comes out, it's much simpler that way. And whiskey helps."

Posted Image

#460 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 101103 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

Headed over to iTunes to listen to the preview of "Somebody Lied" and "Cause We Believed" off of the upcoming Alien Beans album. Somebody Lied sounds great, and I think I like it more than Freight Train and Johnny Guitar (both of those songs are kind of meh, Johnny Guitar especially). The entire album seems to have a more southern rock kick to it than any other work of Ty's.

I'll reserve judgement on the remastered disc 2 of the album, and I think that every track will be rerecorded and remastered in a different way. Very much looking forward to the remasters of.. Just about every song on the disc other than Cause We Believed or Bring it on Back.

Really interested in seeing what he does with Free Yourself, Ride, Money Mouth, Play, and Nobody Wins.

Edited by Mr. Not, 07 January 2018 - 06:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users