366 replies to this topic

#341 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6469 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 09 November 2017 - 08:51 AM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 08 November 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

View PostGabesCavesOfIce, on 08 November 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

View PostPolarizeMe, on 07 November 2017 - 07:13 PM, said:

View PostGabesCavesOfIce, on 07 November 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

Crimson show anyone?
See my posts a page or two back for my thoughts on the Halloween Krim show.

Thanks, sounds like you enjoyed it.

Glad Mr Fripp didn't cancel!

Looking forward to three drummers stage front. Take that Neil!

I'm deciding between adding a second Krim or a single Images and Words. Considering I knew both Johns back in the day, I should see DT once in life
There were quite a few fans who thought they could get away w/taking a flash-less phone picture but the ushers at NJPAC were on point w/catching anyone who tried to do so before the very end of 21st Century Schizoid Man. I think the promo poster by the merch saying Live In Chicago is the closest experience to this Krim tour is the same each night, but I thought Newark's setlist was the closest to Chicago's out of all the shows on the tour.  15/20 songs they played in Newark were on the album.

Personally, I thought seeing Krim anytime is more worth it than seeing DT even w/Images and Words in consideration. If anything, the show made me confident in seeing them again if and when they come back and do another run in the NYC area (I know they're playing the Beacon Theater two nights before DT the day after but one Krim show on this leg of the tour is enough to satisfy me).

Silly me decided to take my early teen daughter, who just fell in love with her iPhone, and the seats are unfortunately close to Mr Fripp.

I'm hoping the three drummers in the front will be enough to amaze her and not bother fans near us with any light she might want to create with her phone.

I understand they just started playing a new song...deleted for spoiling..is that fancy spoil function workable from mobile?

Edited by GabesCavesOfIce, 09 November 2017 - 09:15 AM.

Sponsored Post

#342 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18329 posts
  • Interests:NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Posted 09 November 2017 - 09:49 AM

View PostGabesCavesOfIce, on 09 November 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

Crimson show anyone?

I'm deciding between adding a second Krim or a single Images and Words. Considering I knew both Johns back in the day, I should see DT once in life
There were quite a few fans who thought they could get away w/taking a flash-less phone picture but the ushers at NJPAC were on point w/catching anyone who tried to do so before the very end of 21st Century Schizoid Man. I think the promo poster by the merch saying Live In Chicago is the closest experience to this Krim tour is the same each night, but I thought Newark's setlist was the closest to Chicago's out of all the shows on the tour.  15/20 songs they played in Newark were on the album.

Personally, I thought seeing Krim anytime is more worth it than seeing DT even w/Images and Words in consideration. If anything, the show made me confident in seeing them again if and when they come back and do another run in the NYC area (I know they're playing the Beacon Theater two nights before DT the day after but one Krim show on this leg of the tour is enough to satisfy me).

Silly me decided to take my early teen daughter, who just fell in love with her iPhone, and the seats are unfortunately close to Mr Fripp.

I'm hoping the three drummers in the front will be enough to amaze her and not bother fans near us with any light she might want to create with her phone.

I understand they just started playing a new song...deleted for spoiling..is that fancy spoil function workable from mobile?

I think your daughter's gonna be forced to leave if she's even caught holding a phone. In Newark, ushers threatened to kick us out after repeated warning for even holding a phone in our hands.

#343 GabesCavesOfIce

GabesCavesOfIce

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6469 posts
  • Location:Miamisburg, OH. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh. Miamisburg, Oh
  • Interests:Miamisburg, Oh

Outland Empire (located on the opposite US coast from Johnny and Dave).

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:01 AM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 09 November 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

View PostGabesCavesOfIce, on 09 November 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

Crimson show anyone?

I think your daughter's gonna be forced to leave if she's even caught holding a phone. In Newark, ushers threatened to kick us out after repeated warning for even holding a phone in our hands.

Eek. Thanks for the info. I read Perfect Circle kicked out sixty for taking pics in Allentown the other day.

Fans were saying constant security flashlights were more disruptive than cell phones

I've definitely been annoyed by obnoxious phone use during shows, but bands need to understand reasonable enforcement.

#344 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 99504 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 11:11 PM

#345 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 99504 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:22 PM

FTW
FTW

#346 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 99504 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 07:56 PM

Based on the current rate of listening nights (~2 per week), the 100th show (which will be a "best of") will fall sometime in January 2018. You can't count on us keeping a consistent rate though.

The lowest rate of listening nights per time period was once per month, which happened a couple times during late 2016. I'm not counting Feb, March, April of this year, since there were absolutely no listening nights during that time period thanks to Sean's lack of computer access.

#347 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 99504 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:43 PM

Not to be ghey, but that was probably the best "MK" (that is, night featuring Marc) we've had yet. Pretty enjoyable.

#348 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 99504 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:44 PM

PMPT

Poor Man's Porcupine Tree

(I'll download an album of theirs tomorrow and give it a few listens)

#349 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 99504 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:19 AM

archiving
Spoiler

#350 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18329 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:07 AM

View PostMr. Not, on 13 November 2017 - 12:19 AM, said:

archiving
Spoiler
Archiving as well...
Spoiler

Edited by PolarizeMe, 13 November 2017 - 02:33 PM.

#351 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18329 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:18 AM

Posted Image

Wow. Coming from the inventor of Fake Industrial. :eyeroll:

#352 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18329 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 09:21 AM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 13 November 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

archiving
Spoiler
Archiving as well...

Spoiler
And this:

Posted Image

#353 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18329 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:32 PM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 13 November 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

archiving
Spoiler
Archiving as well...
Spoiler

I just hope Dominick doesn't find any of this. :lol:

#354 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18329 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 08:37 PM

View PostMr. Not, on 12 November 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

Not to be ghey, but that was probably the best "MK" (that is, night featuring Marc) we've had yet. Pretty enjoyable.
To think I was up to an hour before it happened contemplating just skipping it entirely. I think I liked last night's the most because I enjoyed the reaction from Time's Arrow straight into Maskless Face and the non-music videos...not to say the music we heard sucked (except that horrific anime song one during the after show) cause the song choices were probably the most consistent in terms of the songs being "good"...sans that song off the Pariah's Child which kind of went in and out the other ear for me.

Edited by PolarizeMe, 13 November 2017 - 09:48 PM.

#355 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 99504 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:06 AM

I eat a hot dog
It tastes real good

#356 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 99504 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:52 PM

Pre-orders are up.
Disc 2 - a compilation of previously released tracks, now remixed/remastered

Interested in hearing the new Nobody Wins When Nobody Plays

Freight Train and Johnny Guitar are going to be the singles.

Alien Beans is the name of Ty's (nearly) 2 decade old studio, so I find it kinda weird he'd title his album it as well as the opening track.

Posted Image

#357 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

Vapor Trail

• Members
  • 18329 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:45 PM

Best thing I've watched all week.

Guy on guitar/vocals (Keiji Haino) has a collab album w/PM's favorite new band in February.

#358 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 99504 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:44 PM

Oh boy...

#359 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 99504 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:37 PM

In classic music critic fashion (see: rollingstone writers, anthony fantano) I'm gonna give a review of the new Galactic Cowboys album after only listening to it thrice. This review reflects my serious thoughts, only I've intentionally written it to be obnoxious. For best results, read with anthony fantano inflections, and visualize me doing bunny ears whenever you read something "in quotes".

Galactic Cowboys - Long Way Back To The Moon
While a return of the original line-up, it's not necessarily a return to the original form.

Galactic Cowboys new album, while not everything I could have hoped for, sure was worthwhile nonetheless. The return of the old line-up, sort of, eeeehhhh, planted a seed in fans minds which had them believe that the new album would be proggy like Space In Your Face was. After the first two singles were released, that's Internal Masquerade and Zombies, it was clear that this album would not be a complete and total return to form. Instead, we get three solid classic Galactic Cowboy prog tracks, and then a few "new galactic cowboys" tracks which vary in quality. Some are great, but the rest? Eeeehhhh, not so much. The three tracks that are reminiscent of their first two albums are In The Clouds, Amiserawas, and the title track. As a side note it makes sense that In The Clouds sounds like a return to form because, well, it's actually a two decade old song they wrote when they first formed as a band, soooo yeaahhh... In The Clouds and Amiserawas are reminiscent of classic cowboys, but with small differences from their classic tracks like, say, I Do What I Do, My School, or No Problems (all of which are epic tracks by the way). Amiserawas introduces some neoclassical guitar playing while Long Way Back To The Moon features Monty on lead vocals. As for the rest of the tracks on this album, they're for the most part good, and there's only a few songs and moments which have left me disappointed. One thing that's notable is that there's rapping in certain tracks, and while this isn't an entirely new feature of theirs (they explored it on the album The Horse That Bud Bought), they seemed to have overdone it on this album and I don't really care for it. Alan also sings in a sort of frantic nervous cartoon character voice in tracks like Losing Ourselves and... I'm not sure how I, feel. about. that... But it's an interesting touch nonetheless, I mean *makes hand motions*. There's not many songs which blow me away lyrically, and that's kind of a bummer because that's something which I've really liked about Galactic Cowboys albums in the past. There's always been a few songs each album which have had really good lyrical themes as well as Bob Dylan tier lines. With this album I'm not seeing that, with generous exceptions to the title track and Internal Masquerade. While the songwriting on this album isn't necessarily on par, the instrumentation is... Impressive! It might not have the "wow"-factor that the first two albums did, but there's a hint of it. The music is back to being (*pushes up glasses*) very heavy and the guitar solos are fantastic, making Dane Sonnier's return to the band palpable. This is, all in all, a good album and worth checking out. I give this one a semi-weak 7/10, and although it's only a 7/10 album, it's still the AOTY (most likely).

Fav tracks
Internal Masquerade, Blood In My Eyes, In The Clouds, Long Way Back To The Moon, Amiserawas
Least fav
Hate Me, Drama

Edited by Mr. Not, 17 November 2017 - 09:38 PM.

#360 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

Spaceman Spiff

• Members *
  • 99504 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:25 PM

View PostMr. Not, on 17 November 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

although it's only a 7/10 album, it's still the AOTY (most likely).

Contender (I have to listen to it, still)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users