NPS Cult

Mr. Not

Season 2 of “grappler BAKI” blows chunks so far, and it looks like it will for the rest of the remainder. It’s just a show about a fighting tournament for 24 eps now? I realize there’s more storyline involved than just that, but hardly enough to keep me engaged.

Show: DROPPED.

i can’t feel no pain don’t you think that it’s so strange?

Edited by Mr. Not

Last 4 songs of the new GC album:

• Losing Ourselves
  • Agenda
  • Believing The Hype
  • Say Goodbye To Utopia

^ Looks like it might be a political suite of songs.

Fine by me, their political songs are usually very good (in lyrics and otherwise), the off-the-top-of-my-head exceptions being "Flag" and "Disney's Spinning" (those are weak in both). To end the album off with a song titled "Say Goodbye to Utopia" seems pretty depressing though. And ending their albums off on a depressing note is nothing new, They did it With three other albums... But "Say Goodbye to Utopia" might be a bit much, especially since it's become a daily concern of mine that we're f***ed.

Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

The rumors of your demise (oh my! oh yes!)

Exaggerated at best (who knows? i guess)

And from what i surmise (oh my! oh yes!)

You've changed the world more or less (so says the press)

Hey Mr. my hat is off to you

Hey Mr. my hat is off

I owe it all to you, i owe it all to you

With eloquence on your side (no lie, no way)

Sincerity on your face (alright, ok)

And you look so dignified (no lie, no way)

My doubts are fully displaced (my fears allay)

Trees are greener now

Children laugh out loud

There is peace and harmony again

No pain or poverty

Thanks to your policies

I heard it all on n.p.radio

Then the birds will sing

"thanks for everything!"

All the Hindus bow

"thanks for the holy cows!"

In 2093, they'll curse your legacy

In 2094, they will exhume your corpse

Nearly a year later, I'm finally resuming this project. It'll still take quite a while before the finished product is out, I have over a day's worth of video to watch & edit before it's complete.

Edited by Mr. Not

So strange.. I don't think I've ever heard a guitar solo mixed like this. Everything else seems to be dialed higher than it... Admittedly, it does have a nice effect, but I still don't agree with the decision. All that it's really doing is concealing the solo, which is one of the many masterworks by Jani.

• Losing Ourselves
  • Agenda
  • Believing The Hype
  • Say Goodbye To Utopia

Fine by me, their political songs are usually very good (in lyrics and otherwise), the off-the-top-of-my-head exceptions being "Flag" and "Disney's Spinning" (those are weak in both). To end the album off with a song titled "Say Goodbye to Utopia" seems pretty depressing though. And ending their albums off on a depressing note is nothing new, They did it With three other albums... But "Say Goodbye to Utopia" might be a bit much, especially since it's become a daily concern of mine that we're f***ed.

Who's GC? George Christian?

• Losing Ourselves
  • Agenda
  • Believing The Hype
  • Say Goodbye To Utopia

Who's GC? George Christian?

No. Gallant Crusaders.

Archiving a whole lot of "blah blah blah" about Sonata

Sonata keyboardists ranked

Mikko > Jens > Tony > Henkka

(sorry Henkka, you're a cool guy and all but come on man, step it up)

Tony isn't confident in his ability to write keyboard solos and I have no idea why, he proved himself on Ecliptica pretty well - but he's not even proud of that.

His keyboard work is particularly good on Unopened and Blank File:

They know your life, they have a file about you

They built your life, so they...

Know what you like and know what you yearn but they don't know a thing about me

I'm not that easy, a blank file in their memory

A decade after writing Mr. Kakko becomes a social media junkie, and even worse of one with each following year. Just look at where he's at today...

https://www.instagra...ykakko_official

Kill yourself dude.

Sonata members ranked (Pentti -- AKA: "literally who?" is excluded. Jens excluded too, he was just a temp keyboardist/writer for winterheart's)

Jani = Tony > Mikko > Pasi > Henrik > Tommy = Elias > Marko = Janne

Top tier: Jani = Tony > Mikko

Mid tier: Pasi > Henrik

LOL tier: Tommy = Elias > Marko = Janne

Trying to think of a single guitar solo Elias has written that I really enjoyed...

Can't do it. To be fair though, he does shine with his rhythm guitar pretty often. Examples: No Dream, One Two Free Fall

Trying to think of a single guitar solo Elias has written that I really enjoyed...

Oh, "Rise a Night". Duh.

The one single Henkka/Elias duet which is on par with Jani/Mikko.

Props are due for that.

On the songs "Nothing More" and "Wolves Die Young" you can tell they were aiming to make something which was Silence-esque, but man did they fail. They got it right on "Rise a Night" though, really good.

Henkka's best moments are on The Days of Grays (and Reckoning Night / Ninth Hour).

Deathaura

Zeroes

^ I'll go out on a limb in betting that this kinda simple but really really good vibraphone part in Zeroes is Henkka wanting to sprinkle in some Zappa.

"Evening, ladies."

ZnZQymF.png

Meanwhile in Jani's universe

Fk8I2WU.png

Relax? You a cuck or something? Sleep is what I need, I'm perfectly relaxed which is why I look like I about to crash on a subway track here.
  • Like 1