Jump to content


NPS Cult


  • Please log in to reply
360 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 99246 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:57 PM

This is a cult. This is how we operate.
  • No low quality posts
  • Musical discussion welcome but if it's not weeb music then we will scorn you
  • Creative writing is encouraged, tell us a story.
  • DISCLAIMER: Any hate or malice directed to one another should be taken in jest, and the same goes for most love and complimenting, unfortunately.
  • This is the N&S thread revamped. v2.
  • If you're really daring, post some educational stuff in here, but keep the pop-politic bs to a minimum.
Those are the rules and guidelines and they will be enforced. Militantly.

Passcode (can't share this with anyone) is 0096 2251 2110 8105

Edited by Mr. Not, 17 July 2017 - 10:51 PM.


Sponsored Post

#2 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 99246 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:59 PM

My favorite contribution to the prog scene by Gavin would have to be the mini chinas

Posted Image

#3 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

    Vapor Trail

  • Members
  • 18277 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NO FUTURE.
  • Interests:NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:19 PM

What does NSP stand for?

#4 blueschica

blueschica

    What the Puck?

  • Members
  • 5824 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Central Pa
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:38 PM

View PostMr. Not, on 17 July 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

This is a cult. This is how we operate.
  • No low quality posts
  • Musical discussion welcome but if it's not weeb music then we will scorn you
  • Creative writing is encouraged, tell us a story.
  • DISCLAIMER: Any hate or malice directed to one another should be taken in jest, and the same goes for most love and complimenting, unfortunately.
  • This is the N&S thread revamped. v2.
  • If you're really daring, post some educational stuff in here, but keep the pop-politic bs to a minimum.
Those are the rules and guidelines and they will be enforced. Militantly.

Passcode (can't share this with anyone) is 0096 2251 2110 8105

:lol: :lol:   I can't join anyway, I don't know what weeb music is  . . .

#5 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 99246 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:38 PM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 17 July 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

What does NSP stand for?
NotSeanPolarize

Welcome

#6 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 99246 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:39 PM

View Postblueschica, on 17 July 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

View PostMr. Not, on 17 July 2017 - 09:57 PM, said:

This is a cult. This is how we operate.
  • No low quality posts
  • Musical discussion welcome but if it's not weeb music then we will scorn you
  • Creative writing is encouraged, tell us a story.
  • DISCLAIMER: Any hate or malice directed to one another should be taken in jest, and the same goes for most love and complimenting, unfortunately.
  • This is the N&S thread revamped. v2.
  • If you're really daring, post some educational stuff in here, but keep the pop-politic bs to a minimum.
Those are the rules and guidelines and they will be enforced. Militantly.

Passcode (can't share this with anyone) is 0096 2251 2110 8105

:lol: :lol:   I can't join anyway, I don't know what weeb music is  . . .

Popular Japanese (or sometimes Korean) music :)

#7 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 10792 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:40 PM

??



#8 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 99246 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:50 PM

View PostLucas, on 17 July 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

??



Oh no.. Not those guys..

#9 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 99246 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:51 PM

NPS - discassociated

FALL FALL FALL FALL FALL FALL

#10 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

    Vapor Trail

  • Members
  • 18277 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NO FUTURE.
  • Interests:NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:12 PM

What I'm getting at with the NSP acronym is that...

Not: TRF's Roger Ebert
Sean: TRF's Gene Siskel
PM/Me: TRF's Richard Roeper

#11 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

    Vapor Trail

  • Members
  • 18277 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NO FUTURE.
  • Interests:NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:13 PM

View PostPolarizeMe, on 17 July 2017 - 11:12 PM, said:

What I'm getting at with the NSP acronym is that...

Not: TRF's Roger Ebert
Sean: TRF's Gene Siskel
PM/Me: TRF's Richard Roeper
Basically, I'm the Scrappy for Sean like Richard Roeper was for Gene Siskel on Siskel and Ebert/Ebert and Roeper At The Movies.

#12 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 99246 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:16 PM

Preferable to Ninja Shit Party:



#13 PolarizeMe

PolarizeMe

    Vapor Trail

  • Members
  • 18277 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NO FUTURE.
  • Interests:NO FUN. NOT EVER.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:19 PM

View PostMr. Not, on 17 July 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

My favorite contribution to the prog scene by Gavin would have to be the mini chinas

Posted Image

My favorite contribution to the prog scene by Tony would be the Funk Fingers



#14 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 99246 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:51 AM

The Jelly Jam's Prophet Profit is not only my favorite album of 2016, but one of my top 10 favorite albums of all-time (this makes two Ty Tabor albums hold a place in my top 10).

It's not a perfect album, there's actually a decent amount of subpar filler: Mr. Man, Heaven, Fallen..

But the strong tracks are incredibly strong, there are five in particular I should mention

CARE - An extremely tight riff. Both heavy and beautiful. This song is a front-to-back eargasm. The lyrics are fantastic as well, the politics of deceit & the well intended man persecuted.
Stain on the Sun - Melodic and beautiful. This was my absolute favorite from the album for a long while, it's powerful enough, the climax especially.
STOP - Rod's drums shine in this track, the pre-chorus drum fill is some of the most creatively captivating drumming I've ever heard. Ty's vocal choir harmonization during the second verse is beautiful, and I think Ty underestimates just how good of a singer he is.
Perfect Lines - The mandatory Myung track. Reminiscent of the great song from their previous album "Halos In Hell", but shorter and lighter in tone.
Ghost Town - A guitar exhibition by Ty... But the rhythm section isn't at all shadowed by it. Great melodies throughout as well. As is the case with Care and Stain on the Sun, I like to close my eyes and tilt my head back when listening to this song. There's a lot to take in. Love it.

10/10 album simply because the strong songs on it are unparalleled.

#15 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

You better get Sean out of semi-retirement.

#16 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42085 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:24 AM

View PostMr. Not, on 17 July 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

My favorite contribution to the prog scene by Gavin would have to be the mini chinas

Posted Image

And there's nothing original about these three West Side Story wanna-bes.



;) :cool: :hi:

#17 Mr. Not

Mr. Not

    Spaceman Spiff

  • Members *
  • 99246 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:I'm not here, this isn't happening...

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

View PostLorraine, on 18 July 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

You better get Sean out of semi-retirement.

I'm working on it, trust me :D

#18 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3728 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 18 July 2017 - 02:11 PM

I still have no idea what this thread is about, but I'm not sure I want to.

#19 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 21056 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 18 July 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

I still have no idea what this thread is about, but I'm not sure I want to.
Wuss

#20 Union 5-3992

Union 5-3992

    A Pale Boy with only Half a Brain

  • Members *
  • 21056 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The rich and sunny planet Ursa Minor Beta (or Buffalo NY)

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:48 PM

I really, really, really like this image
Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users