The Unofficial 2017-18 NFL Confidence Pool Thread

It's amazing that beloved time is almost upon us! Most NFL squads are well within 2 weeks of starting training camp. Also less than1 month (08/09/17 Hall Of Fame Game) before the 1st preseason kick off it should be time we begin discussing changes or new rules for the confidence pool. I though last seasons pool was a blast! Hopefully everyone will be able to see the whole thing through. I know there were more than one that really had a chance if winning but life demands took control. I really feel last years predecessor of this thread really helped iron things out and gave the official pool much needed structure. My biggest hope is that our former "Overlord" :notworthy: bean-tor will agree to keep up with tabulations. She did an absolutely smashing job ( :finbar: ) I do not see how improvements could be made in that respect. I think the rule set of last season was sound but I do remember some decent suggestions for amendments.

Excitement So Thick!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleade

• Like 2

I'm in! Came up just shy last year; looking to improve this year.

My suggestion- remove the 25 point penalty for a missed thursday pick. Missing that pick already starts you off with a top-value loss for the week, I don't think there's need to add insult to injury.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 2

Aww, thank you, Crimson!

I would be honoured to serve another season as "Overlord" if you folks would have me :)

Who passes up free, quality help?

• Like 1

I've been working a ton but I just had to pop in here. I suppose it's time to buy a new monitor. My two (now three) year old pretty much ruined it.

I'll be back for a full season this time. I think I was doing pretty well before I bugged out with only a couple of weeks left in the season.

• Like 1

So I have not seen too many suggestions on rule changes or addenddums. With the regular season quickly approaching I will assume that the structure of last seasons confidence pool will remain. I went back to last seasons unofficial confidence pool thread and pulled up the rules we had agreed on. I am fine with the way things stand but if anyone has a suggestion for a change that we all can agree onI would say now is the time.

I will start the "Official" pool thread this Wednesday as I believe this Thursday concludes the preseason.

If one misses Thursday = loss of the highest confidence points for the number of games played that week.

If one misses picking a week = 25 points will be deducted from the total points

And the post season scoring format is to remain.

Post season scoring

Wild Card- 4,6,8,10 Points

Division- 5,10,15,20 "

Confrence- 20-25 "

Super Bowl- 50 "

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory

So I have not seen too many suggestions on rule changes or addenddums. With the regular season quickly approaching I will assume that the structure of last seasons confidence pool will remain. I went back to last seasons unofficial confidence pool thread and pulled up the rules we had agreed on. I am fine with the way things stand but if anyone has a suggestion for a change that we all can agree onI would say now is the time.

I will start the "Official" pool thread this Wednesday as I believe this Thursday concludes the preseason.

If one misses Thursday = loss of the highest confidence points for the number of games played that week.

If one misses picking a week = 25 points will be deducted from the total points

And the post season scoring format is to remain.

Post season scoring

Wild Card- 4,6,8,10 Points

Division- 5,10,15,20 "

Confrence- 20-25 "

Super Bowl- 50 "

Also if there are games that end in a tie 0 points will rewarded